Re: Fixed star alignments (May 7, 2006)

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13 9:13 PM

      > As of noon CDT. (That's five hours back from GMT.)
      >
      > Asterisks indicate alignments that didn't exist (with a 1 00' orb) a
      > week ago [May 7]
      >

      > Jupiter
      >
      > *Jewel Box Cluster (NGC 4755 Crucis, a fairly well-known open cluster
      > around Kappa Crucis)

      on the left side of the Cross (where the other thief, not the penitent
      St. Dismas, but Gestas, the one who mocked Jesus, was crucified);
      having to do with Jesus or Christianity (questioning generally
      accepted tenets of Christianity or ideas about Jesus)

      (*The Da Vinci Code*; "The Gospel of Judas")

      > GY Hydrae (a cataclysmic variable)

      "gee, [I wonder] why" (Bush's popularity is collapsing, and it's
      starting to look like he's going to take Tony Blair down with him)

      > Saturn
      >
      > Typographica (Zeta Monocerotis; marks the rump of the Unicorn or the
      > obsolete constellation Officina Typographica, the Printing Office)
      >
      > Altarf (Beta Cancri)
      >
      > *Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)

      up on the poop deck, staring out to sea (keeping a lookout?)

      > *BP Lyncis (cataclysmic variable)
      >

      > Uranus
      >
      > *Jih (Kappa Pegasi)

      on the foreleg of the Flying Horse

      (cutting loose?)

      > *Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Hu 1-2 Cygni)

      young and stupid?

      > Neptune
      >
      > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
      >
      > The Red Necked Emu (29 Cygni and other stars in Cygnus's body said to
      > describe the outline of an emu)
      >
      > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
      >
      > HR Delphini
      >
      > IL Vulpeculae
      >

      > Pluto
      >
      > Aculeus (M6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
      >
      > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      >
      > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      >
      > *Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)

      "the shepherd's dog" (sniffing out or barking at trouble?)

      > *Alpha Mensae

      finding progress difficult?

      > Pistol Star (apparently a member of the Quintuplet Cluster [AFGL 2004
      > Sagittarii])
      >
      > Iron Star (XX Ophiuchi)
      >
      > Mu Arae
      >
      > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
      >
      > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Galactic Center
      >

      > Ceres
      >
      > *Nashira (Gamma Capricorni)

      "It causes overcoming by evil, which is turned to success, and gives
      danger from beasts." (Robson)

      "Dependent on its position in the chart it will bring a life full of
      change. According to Arabic tradition this star will make a native
      become a legal advisor or counselor and will give such a person the
      ability to hold a position of trust. This star makes for integrity and
      justice and gives a knowledge of man." (Ebertin)

      > S Doradus
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S_Doradus

      BTW: Dorado has been said to represent a swordfish, or goldfish, but I
      think it was actually supposed to represent a mahimahi, a Pacific game
      and food fish also known as the dolphin (erroneously), dolphinfish,
      or dorado.

      http://www.hawaii-seafood.org/mahimahi.html

      http://www.sihawaii.com/sydkraul/mahi.html

      > *Phoenicopterus (Beta Gruis, on the back of Grus the Crane, formerly
      > known as Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)

      something flashy or colorful, something riding on the back of
      something more serviceable, something impatient (standing on one foot,
      like a flamingo--then shifting to the other foot)

      > *Blinking Planetary (NGC 6826 Cygni)

      a light flashing (but ignored?--this is a nebula and therefore may
      refer to vision somehow obscured)

      > *LZ Aquarii

      "lazy"?

      > *VW Hydri

      something modest but serviceable (like the Volkswagen)

      > *TY Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variables)

      "tea-why" (something more rugged, even crude--Ty Cobb, one of
      baseball's greats but a notorious bigot who also once jumped into the
      stands during a game to attack a disabled heckler)

      > Pallas
      >
      > Dheneb (Zeta Aquilae)
      >
      > Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)
      >
      > Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis, the brightest star in Octans the Octant)
      >
      > BY Draconis (a cataclysmic variable)
      >
      > Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)
      >
      > SS 433 (G Aquilae)
      >
      > AO Octantis
      >
      > HR Lyrae
      >

      > Juno
      >
      > *Cor Canis Majoris (Pi Canis Majoris, marking the heart of Canis Major
      > the Great Dog)

      emphasizing loyalty and defense?

      > *Cor Monocerotis (19 Monocerotis, marking the heart of Monoceros the
      > Unicorn)

      an emphasis on purity of motive?

      > *HT Camelopardalis

      "hot"?

      > *Z Camelopardalis (cataclysmic variables)

      commonplace or worthy of rejection

      > Vesta
      >
      > *Pollux (Beta Geminorum)

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Pollux.html

      crafty, cruel and brave, audacious and penetrating

      > *Gomeisa (Beta Canis Minoris)

      something yapping or nipping at the heels, a nuisance or something
      that warns

      > *Muscida (Omicron Ursae Majoris)

      marking the Great Bear's muzzle (a sensitive spot, or, something a
      bear has in its mouth)

      > *Wezen (Delta Canis Majoris)

      something weighty, having to do with oaths (also, "in the belly of the
      beast"? It's in the Great Dog's abdomen)

      > *Luyten's Star (GJ 273 Monocerotis, a nearby star)

      I'm going to try and find out where in Monoceros this is in a little
      while; that might yield some clues as to this star's influence.

      > *NGC 2420 (Geminorum, an open cluster)
      >
      > *Thor's Helmet (NGC 2359 Canis Majoris, a nebula)

      thinking you're invulnerable somehow? Thickheaded? Bullheaded?

      > *Medusa Nebula (Abell 21 Geminorum)

      stopped cold? transfixed, turned to stone? left like a deer in the
      headlights?

      > *BG Canis Minoris (cataclysmic variable)

      "big"? "beej"?

      > Chiron
      >
      > Epsilon Indi
      >
      > Alpha Tucanae
      >
      > Struve 2398 (Draconis, a nearby star)
      >
      > Tso Ke (Rho Aquilae)
      >
      > Chi Cygni
      >
      > Markarian 409 (Aquarii; a variable galaxy)
      >
      > WZ Sagittae
      >

      > North Node
      >
      > *Deneb Kaitos (aka Difda, Beta Ceti)

      "It causes self-destruction by brute force, sickness, disgrace,
      misfortune and compulsory change." (Robson)

      "Inhibitions and restraints in every way, psychologically and
      physically." (Ebertin)

      "Saturnian in nature; associated with illness, misfortune, and
      violence against the self." (Larousse Encyclopedia of Astrology)

      > South Node
      >
      > Zaniah (Eta Virginis)
      >
      > *Al Dhibah (Zeta Draconis)

      jackals circling, blood in the water

      > *Asellus Primus (Theta Bootis)

      I think this is in Bootes' left hand, which holds a sickle.

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Bootes.html

      The name means "first donkey." (?)

      Message 2 of 3 , May 20 8:21 AM

        > > As of noon CDT. (That's five hours back from GMT.)
        > >
        > > Asterisks indicate alignments that didn't exist (with a 1 00' orb) a
        > > week ago [May 7]

        > > Saturn
        > >
        > > Typographica (Zeta Monocerotis; marks the rump of the Unicorn or the
        > > obsolete constellation Officina Typographica, the Printing Office)
        > >
        > > Altarf (Beta Cancri)
        > >
        > > *Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)
        >
        > up on the poop deck, staring out to sea (keeping a lookout?)
        >

        > > *BP Lyncis (cataclysmic variable)

        I've got right ascension 9h03m08.9s, declination +41°17'48" for this
        one, putting it (I think) on the back of the Lynx's neck.

        On the old Sixties comedy show "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In," they
        sometimes used the phrase "you bet your sweet bippy," "bippy" being a
        neologism the hosts sometimes used as a gag ("What's a bippy?"
        "*That's* a bippy." Something like that.) As I recall, there was also
        once a brand of powdered cleanser called Bippy.

        > > Vesta

        > > *Luyten's Star (GJ 273 Monocerotis, a nearby star)
        >
        > I'm going to try and find out where in Monoceros this is in a little
        > while; that might yield some clues as to this star's influence.

        Right ascension 7h27m24.5s, declination +05°13'32".

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luyten's_star

        This is not in Monoceros. This is in Canis Minor, just south of Eta
        Canis Minoris (I think around the Little Dog's ears.)

        I'm going to try and interpret this stuff in terms of last week's
        current events later.