Pistol Star

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , May 10, 2006
      Pistol Star

      Hi,

      Here's what I have in my book on the Pistol Star: (position is 2000.0; for present, add 5 mins)

      Galactic Center  Black Hole in Sagittarius      26SA51  - 5 36  -29 00  17 46   IFR, RS, BH
        IFR source, Radio Source 026 - "Sagittarius A” - approximate location of the “Pistol Star,” a massive star of extraordinary

        intrinsic brightness in a pistol-shaped nebula, discovered by Hubble Space Telescope using camera sensitive to IFR emissions

       that  penetrate dust clouds; at an absolute magnitude of -12.5, the luminous blue variable “could be most  energetic star in the

        heavens.” Besides a supermassive black hole, "thousands of superdense neutron stars and midget black holes lurk near the

       center of our galaxy."  The Galactic Center entered 0ยบ of tropical Sagittarius in 66 CE: apparition of Halley’s Comet, downfall

       of Nero, start of Jewish revolt against Rome, Gospel of St Mark, Roman persecution of Christians, execution of St Peter.

       (Some authorities give 70 CE for it’s entry into Sag – the year of the destruction of the 2nd Temple). The GC was 0 Aries

       about 19,000 years ago (17,000 BCE), during the late Upper Paleolithic Magdalenian period (the last ice age, early cave

       paintings). The descending heliocentric node of Uranus was cnj the Galactic Center in 575 CE, the year the Prophet
       Mohammed was born. The Galactic Center will reach 0 Capricorn in 2218 CE.

      From my Workbook (positions are 1980; for present, add 22 mins):

              Long    Lat     Dec     RA      M       Spec
      Girtab Kappa Scorpii  end of Scorpion’s tail    26SA11  -15 39  -39 01  17 41   2.41    B2 IV
      Galactic Center   Black Hole    26SA34  - 5 36  -29 00  17 44   IFR, RS, BH
       IFR source, Radio Source 026 - "Sagittarius A*";  between Scorpion’s sting and Archer's arrow

      Darkness, hidden light. Intense, passionate longings; a search for the source. Religion, mysticism, metaphysics, philosophy, astronomy, astrology, aviation, space exploration, poetry. Reformers, struggle to get people to listen to them. Strive against depression, despair.  Fires, quakes, storms

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://pw1.netcom.com/~ye-stars/

      Message 2 of 4 , May 10, 2006
        coupled with pluto, again I think it bodes for revolution. wheter by
        idea or by deed probably depends on place, time and situation, but
        the masses demand! where Theocracy exists, may demand capitulation
        to religious stricture, or the reverse. there is internal tension in
        Iran for example from religious abuse. iraq fighting for balance
        against Shiite demand for theocracy and kurd demand for religious
        freedom (demands to be heard. In the US, the persistant voice of
        religious rite infringing on freedom of religion as usual. In France
        the young muslim youths screaming for better treatment and a secular
        government demanding religious clothing not be worn in school.
        Germany and Russia both still have huge racism issues that surround
        not only judaism but muslim and christianity as well. A lot of anti
        religious sentiment. Ireland, still has big religion issues. whether
        it is ongoing or time to put a larger emphasis on it, theocracy is a
        big issue right now, almost as much as 1517 or 1521 AD.depending on
        yoru point of view. ;-) somalia is also heating up again, whihc is
        very much so a religion issue. All Hail gutenberg! MissB

        Message 3 of 4 , May 10, 2006
          Sounds good.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 10, 2006
            <blush> sorry if I was getting abit intense there, I've been
            thinking hard last couple days. MissB