Re: Fixed star alignments (April 23, 2006)

    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2006
      I'm trying to repost something I wrote last night which got lost when
      the archives became temporarily unavailable.

      A lot of my speculation on the influence of these alignments has to do
      with the immigration controversy brewing in the US during the last
      week of April.

      http://www.columbusdispatch.com/golf/golf.php?story=dispatch/2006/04/29/20060429-E3-01.html

      > > *Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis, the brightest star in Octans the
      > > Octant, which is the constellation containing the south celestial
      > > pole; located in the middle of the arm that controls a slide that ends
      > > on a piece that goes along an arc-shaped track that you use to
      > > determine a heavenly body's elevation above the horizon)
      >

      > tracking the elevation of something?
      >
      > "[Octans]: Keen, intellectual, orderly and exact mind, with interest
      > in mathematics, astronomy and similiar subjects." (Robson)

      Bush's political fortunes and those of his party and the Democrats?

      > > Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)
      > >
      > > Nova Hassel (V446 Herculis, a nova which reached 5th magnitude in
      > > 1960, discovered by Olaf Hassel, a Norwegian astronomer who happened
      > > to be deaf; in Hercules' extreme southwest corner close to the Aquila
      > > border, just east of Dheneb [Zeta Aquilae] in the Eagle's tail;
      >
      > having to do with accomplishment by the disabled or disenfranchised?
      >

      > and
      > > then there are two more cataclysmic variables aligned with Pallas:)
      > >
      > > AO Octantis (north of Alpha Octantis, near the border with Pavo, at
      > > what I think might be the maximum-elevation position on the Octant's
      > > arc-shaped track)
      > >
      > > http://www.ianridpath.com/startales/octans.htm
      >
      > "at the zenith"
      >
      > (of what?)

      Bush's unpopularity; but that would be more like a nadir, and it could
      go lower, I guess...

      > > HR Lyrae (also known as Nova Lyrae 1919; kind of southwest of Lambda
      > > Lyrae, which marks the bottom of the Harp)
      >
      > where the lap of someone sitting down playing the harp would be?
      >
      > (to sit down and play [a protest song?]
      >

      > > Juno
      > >
      > > *Alzirr (Xi Geminorum; on the Twin Pollux's right foot)
      > >
      > > *Mebsuta (Epsilon Geminorum; on the Twin Castor's right leg)
      > >
      > > *Christmas-Tree Cluster (NGC 2264 Monocerotis; in Monoceros the
      > > Unicorn's face, surrounded by the Cone Nebula)
      > >
      > > *Hubble's Variable Nebula (NGC 2261 Monocerotis, close by, in the
      > > Unicorn's face)
      > >
      > > *R Monocerotis (embedded in Hubble's Variable Nebula)
      > >
      > > (I have "a tar pit" for R Monocerotis)
      > >
      > > *DN Geminorum (a cataclysmic variable, south of Theta Geminorum around
      > > the Twin Castor's right hand)
      > >

      > > Vesta
      > >
      > > *Wasat (Delta Geminorum)
      >
      > committed to destroying or damaging something?
      >

      > > *Cor Canis Majoris (Pi Canis Majoris; marking the heart of Canis Major
      > > the Great Dog)
      >
      > focus on defense and upon loyalty
      >

      > > *Double Bubble Nebula (NGC 2371 Geminorum; north of Iota Geminorum
      > > between the two Twins' heads)
      > >
      > > http://www.nao.ac.jp/Subaru/hdtv/ngc2371.jpg
      >
      > calls forth the image of bubble gum (kid stuff?)

      A number of kids in the US were arrested in connection with shooting
      plots at their schools around the 11th anniversary of Columbine, or
      for other crimes.

      http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/newsdesk/archive/releases/1997/38/image/c

      > "if life hands you lemons..." (?)

      Mexico's reform efforts at drug-control reform?

      > > Z Camelopardalis (cataclysmic variable, very close to the Ursa Major
      > > border, northwest of Rho Ursae Majoris [I think] just in front of the
      > > Giraffe's neck; and then three more cataclysmic variables:)

      focus on the third-rate or tedious (American Idol, TomKat)(?)

      > > *HT Camelopardalis (east of 49 Camelopardalis near the Ursa Major
      > > border, around the Giraffe's front feet)
      >
      > well-known among those who know giraffes as a dangerous place to be
      >

      > > *AQ Canis Minoris (near Epsilon Canis Minoris, around Canis Minor the
      > > Little Dog's head)
      >
      > "a cue" (or barking, yapping, nipping, but without the capability of
      > inflicting a really damaging bite, or not really posing much of a
      threat)

      > > *Monster Nova (V838 Monocerotis, near 20 Monocerotis in the Unicorn's
      > > chest)

      the upcoming release of the film *The Da Vinci Code* or the
      controversy over the ancient Gnostic text "The Gospel of Judas"?