Re: Tsunami Warnign for New Zealand and Fijii

    Message 1 of 7 , May 3 9:06 PM

      > I hate it when reporters put down a time zone that the event
      > is no where near! sheesh!

      It seems that for some reporters here in the US, the only time zones
      that exist are Eastern, Central, Mountain and Pacific, which is kind
      of lazy; the least they could do is give the local time of the event
      along with the Eastern Time equivalent (seeing as how hardly anybody
      here wants to mess with GMT).

      And there are six, not four, time zones in the US. Most of Alaska is
      in the Alaska time zone--9 hours back from GMT and one hour earlier
      than the West Coast--except for the western Aleutian Islands, which
      are in the Hawaii-Aleutian time zone along with Hawaii. That's 10
      hours back from GMT. I don't know if this ever gets acknowledged by
      Big Media here in the US.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 4 8:56 AM
        On the Pacific Coast they acknowledge Hawaiian time zone. But I
        think it has a lot to dowiththe fact we have our share of Islanders
        on our shores. =) Not to mention there are a few jokes
        about"hawaiian time" MissB