Bernadette!

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14, 2005
      "Astro Logos" <office@a...> wrote:
      > Hullo all,
      >
      > I have been asked to join this group on Fixed Stars, and I am
      pleased to do so, although do not want to interfere with your
      discussion on using stars projected on to the ecliptic, not the
      technique I prefer, but respect its tradition and you are in good
      hands with Diana.

      > Anyway I just wanted to let the group know that firstly if you had
      any questions on stars via parans or star phases that I will watch the
      group and try to answer best I can.

      > Also for those of you interested we put out every month a free
      electronic newsletter called the Visual Astrology Newsletter which is
      dedicated to helping astrologers re connect with the whole sky. The
      archive for these newsletters is at this web site:

      > http://www.zyntara.com/starlight_newsletters.htm
      >
      > And if you wish you can subscribe (its free) at this address
      >
      > http://www.zyntara.com
      >
      > OK, that is all from me and I am delighted that this group has
      started up

      > Bernadette Brady
      > Bristol, UK

      Hey, BB! Glad you are here!

      Folks, Bernadette's Starlight Program is both amazing and
      beautiful - the best astronomy and sky graphics/search program I have
      ever seen - check it out!

      Love, Diana
    • Ariondys
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 15, 2005
        I currently find it difficult to find which stars-planets might be
        parans. I can do it though... Sky Chart III is a free demo I have
        used for a while, beware the moon position though. it would be
        easier with a good program I am sure.

        I took another stab at finding more after this group started(the 2nd
        time since getting Brady's Book of Fixed Stars). I found my Jupiter
        sets with Alpha Ophiuchus aka Ras Alhague in rather tight orb.

        Ras Alhague is at 22 sag, and my Jupiter is at 2 aq 39, but the
        horizon will connect them at the setting position so close it looks
        like the Jupiter/Callisto midpoint that is setting, at least as
        accurately as Sky Chart's demo does things.

        Brady reports Ebertin as saying Ras Alhague with drug addicts. And
        that Rigor disagrees. I am pretty sure most of my intimates are
        rather serious in their excesses. Though I cannot attest to how the
        autumn years of my life will go as a healer.

        I had Saturn rising with Castor too. That's what I found last time I
        looked. I would have to find my piece of paper(rotflmao) where I
        tried to systematically find them if I wanted to report more of them
        right now.

        There is a certain amount of blurry overlap between using stars at an
        ecliptic longitude and using the parans system. I'll try to point
        towards what I am thinking, but I have by no means verified it.

        Because I have Betelgeuse culminating(aka conjunct my MC) I can say
        that it is both conjunct using ecl. long. and R.A. This is because
        it near 0 Cancer. It would work, as well, if it was near 0 Capricorn.

        Chances are even pretty good that if you have a planet conjunct a
        star that it is conjunct using both ecl. long. and R.A. and then
        they will culminate together.

        but if I thought I had a star rising. do I really? perhaps if you
        had a star conjunct a planet rising, they might culminate together...

        I can go to winshop.com and get a star for my rising coordinates.
        Sure, it's even bright enough for them to tell me what it means when
        it rises. It is Markeb. Sure, subjectively I can fit it on.
        Educational work.

        General influence of the star: It gives piety, a wide knowledge,
        educational work and voyages. (Robson).

        who's to say this influence comes from this star anyways? Some of it
        comes from the the image symbol for 29th virgo as far as I am
        concerned. If I check out Zavijava, I have no trouble making
        associations with the 28th virgo image.

        But this part
        Rising: Profitable journeys in company with Jupiterian and Saturnian
        people wherein the native is grave and discreet, but suffers much
        injury, which ultimately turns to good. (Robson).

        I havn't traveled anywhere or suffered any injuries. at least not
        yet.

        Is what I am getting at remotely clear?

        Ariondys

        PS: Can Bernadette verify for me that I want to use the time of the
        radix, and adjust the horizon, or should I just adjust the time and
        let the horizon adjust itself? I am not sure if that became clear to
        me after the book. I am assuming I don't want to mess with the
        birthtime.
      • Astro Logos
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 15, 2005
          Hi Ariondys

          re your parans..

          If you go to www.zyntara.com

          you can get your fixed star parans for sent to you for free.

          > I currently find it difficult to find which stars-planets might be
          > parans. I can do it though... Sky Chart III is a free demo I have
          > used for a while, beware the moon position though. it would be
          > easier with a good program I am sure.

          Yes - parans should be done to the actual bodily movment of the Moon

          > There is a certain amount of blurry overlap between using stars at an
          > ecliptic longitude and using the parans system. I'll try to point
          > towards what I am thinking, but I have by no means verified it.

          Only when the star is actually located on the ecliptic - like Regulus f or
          example

          > Because I have Betelgeuse culminating(aka conjunct my MC) I can say
          > that it is both conjunct using ecl. long. and R.A. This is because
          > it near 0 Cancer. It would work, as well, if it was near 0 Capricorn.

          no

          > Chances are even pretty good that if you have a planet conjunct a
          > star that it is conjunct using both ecl. long. and R.A. and then
          > they will culminate together.

          no

          > but if I thought I had a star rising. do I really? perhaps if you
          > had a star conjunct a planet rising, they might culminate together...

          no

          > I can go to winshop.com and get a star for my rising coordinates.
          > Sure, it's even bright enough for them to tell me what it means when
          > it rises. It is Markeb. Sure, subjectively I can fit it on.
          > Educational work.

          I am not sure what winshop does, but there is a different between doing
          parans to ecliptical degree positions of planets and the acutal planets
          themselves, that is why Starlight was developed no software would do them in
          the orginal pre Greek method.

          > who's to say this influence comes from this star anyways? Some of it
          > comes from the the image symbol for 29th virgo as far as I am
          > concerned. If I check out Zavijava, I have no trouble making
          > associations with the 28th virgo image.

          Well that is one of my reasons for not wanting to project stars onto the
          ecliptic, I think the degrees of the ecliptic have meaning in their own
          right and deserve to stand alone so to speak - I have writting an article on
          these issues at:

          http://www.zyntara.com/articlespage.htm

          > But this part
          > Rising: Profitable journeys in company with Jupiterian and Saturnian
          > people wherein the native is grave and discreet, but suffers much
          > injury, which ultimately turns to good. (Robson).
          >
          > I havn't traveled anywhere or suffered any injuries. at least not
          > yet.

          Yes, I do not agree with Robson's meaning

          >I would suggest that you get your parans sent to you from www.zyntara.com
          >and if you want more information then we are currently doing a 2 for the
          >price of 1 report sale which you could do to get a full printout etc etc..
          >I do not wish to use this group for an ad, but you may find it useful.

          Now I am off to the US for about 2 weeks so I will not be able to reply to
          any other post but do welcome the discussion

          cheers

          Bernadette
        • Astro Logos
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 15, 2005
            Hi Diana

            Thank you for your warm welcome. :)

            I am off line for about two weeks now but I am please that this group has
            started up and it will be good to swap ideas here.

            bye for now

            Bernadette

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2005
              this might be an indicator for the southern Hemisphere upheaval!

              http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051103/wl_nm/latam_summit_dc

              Beth