Re: UFOs and the Cancer Crab

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 6, 2006

      > something else to keep in mind, is thta UFO, means Unidentified flying
      > object, it does not mean (necessarily) little green mean, could be a
      > useless piece of space trash that falls out of orbit. etc... MissB

      Yes. And, some UFO phenomena that do involve apparent sentient
      extraterrestrials and/or their works require a strong commitment to
      denial and obtuseness to dismiss, but the annals of ufology are full
      of hoaxes, misinterpretations, and manifestations of credulity and
      wishful thinking.

      At this point, society in general will not accept the existence of ETs
      unless they land on the Mall in Washington in broad daylight in front
      of TV cameras...and even then some people will refuse to believe.

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 7, 2006
        would have to happen in several places at once and be reported by
        credible sources for anyone to buy it because we are too used ot Star
        Trek, etc. by now to buy it, unless it did happen that way...
        Independence day scenario comes ot mind. =) though I'd like to hear
        something good out of Seti. =) MissB

        > > something else to keep in mind, is thta UFO, means Unidentified
        flying
        > > object, it does not mean (necessarily) little green mean, could
        be a
        > > useless piece of space trash that falls out of orbit. etc... MissB
        >

        > Yes. And, some UFO phenomena that do involve apparent sentient
        > extraterrestrials and/or their works require a strong commitment to
        > denial and obtuseness to dismiss, but the annals of ufology are full
        > of hoaxes, misinterpretations, and manifestations of credulity and
        > wishful thinking.
        >
        > At this point, society in general will not accept the existence of
        ETs
        > unless they land on the Mall in Washington in broad daylight in
        front
        > of TV cameras...and even then some people will refuse to believe.
        >

        > Mark A. Holmes

      • Astrocalypse
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 8, 2006
          Reposting this since it seems to have disappeared into thin air the first
          time !
          -------------------

          So what would be regarded as a credible source?

          I have at least two personal experience of UFOs:-

          (1) On one occasion we visited Normandy in France. We stayed in a remote
          hotel which took an hour to drive back from town. One night after dinner on
          our way back, we were driving alone a narrow country lane with no one about
          and no traffic. There were farmhouses scattered along the way. Suddenly
          there was this strange lights (I was the front seat passenger in a right
          hand drive vehicle in a left hand drive country) rotating above us and
          obviously following the car, and they were circular in shapes and arranged
          in a circle, just like those at the bottom of the UFO disc in a 60s sci-fi
          movie! I looked around expecting some hoaxes or search lights coming from
          some farmhouses, there was nothing. Even if there were, it couldn't
          possibly have followed us for more than a mile so constantly. Anyway, as
          soon as a car drove up behind us, the lights disappeared.

          (2) Back in 2002/2003, I remember seeing object(s) in the sky at night near
          where I live which couldn't have been airplanes because it stationed for too
          long (hours on end) and it was too high to be any sorts of street lights,
          balloons or similar. I talked about it to people, but generally they
          dismissed it or tried hard to explain it away (as one does!). And it just
          never even dawned on me to call the police or the ministry of defence !!
          Anyway, a few weeks ago in the local newspapers, the 'sightings' were
          confirmed. The point being, it didn't only happen one night, it was there
          over an extending period of time !!

          To relate it to astrology/fixed stars, I see Jupiter was in the 'portal'
          Diana mentioned in the second occasion and the North Node was in the first.
          Co-incidences?

          Interestingly, I have Vertex/Anti-vertex on the 27 Cancer/Capricocrn axis.
          Someone I know who remembered an alien 'episode' as a child has Juno
          on 26 Cancer (and we originally thought it was his Sun square Pluto !).

          Cal
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 8, 2006
            but I would think that the experience of of sighting something
            unfamiliar, would be 9th house, because it is something that effects
            you on the educational and spiritual level. As in a soul wake up.
            Just a thought.

            reversed these paragraphs for logic

            it isnt' that (well in most scientists minds anyway) the sightings
            aren't credible, its peoples translations of events that most
            scientists and joe average sceptic dont buy. Sounds like you did
            indeed spot an unidentified flying object, unless of course it was
            identified by someone else. ;-) that doesnt' make it ET, just maeks
            it un-identified.

            MissB

            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astrocalypse"
            <astrocalypse@...> wrote:

            > Reposting this since it seems to have disappeared into thin air the
            first
            > time !
            > -------------------
            >
            > So what would be regarded as a credible source?
            >
            > I have at least two personal experience of UFOs:-
            >
            > (1) On one occasion we visited Normandy in France. We stayed in a
            remote
            > hotel which took an hour to drive back from town. One night after
            dinner on
            > our way back, we were driving alone a narrow country lane with no
            one about
            > and no traffic. There were farmhouses scattered along the way.
            Suddenly
            > there was this strange lights (I was the front seat passenger in a
            right
            > hand drive vehicle in a left hand drive country) rotating above us
            and
            > obviously following the car, and they were circular in shapes and
            arranged
            > in a circle, just like those at the bottom of the UFO disc in a 60s
            sci-fi
            > movie! I looked around expecting some hoaxes or search lights
            coming from
            > some farmhouses, there was nothing. Even if there were, it couldn't
            > possibly have followed us for more than a mile so constantly.
            Anyway, as
            > soon as a car drove up behind us, the lights disappeared.
            >
            > (2) Back in 2002/2003, I remember seeing object(s) in the sky at
            night near
            > where I live which couldn't have been airplanes because it
            stationed for too
            > long (hours on end) and it was too high to be any sorts of street
            lights,
            > balloons or similar. I talked about it to people, but generally
            they
            > dismissed it or tried hard to explain it away (as one does!). And
            it just
            > never even dawned on me to call the police or the ministry of
            defence !!
            > Anyway, a few weeks ago in the local newspapers, the 'sightings'
            were
            > confirmed. The point being, it didn't only happen one night, it
            was there
            > over an extending period of time !!
            >
            > To relate it to astrology/fixed stars, I see Jupiter was in
            the 'portal'
            > Diana mentioned in the second occasion and the North Node was in
            the first.
            > Co-incidences?
            >
            > Interestingly, I have Vertex/Anti-vertex on the 27
            Cancer/Capricocrn axis.
            > Someone I know who remembered an alien 'episode' as a child has Juno
            > on 26 Cancer (and we originally thought it was his Sun square
            Pluto !).

            > Cal

          • Derek Reveres
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 9, 2006
              I am wondering, since the Crab is ruled by the Moon, if there can be some
              type of Lunar tie-in to all this? So far it seems the only indicator is
              placements in the Crab Constellation.
              In the occult, the Moon rules psychic phenomenon and experiences. Because
              UFOs are regarded by many as something akin to angels- and i only say this
              because a lot of people on other message boards seem to regard alien
              abductions as a spiritual experience- then the Moon rulership is fitting. I
              can see how Uranus might be linked because Uranus rules higher consciousness
              as well as technology. The UFOs are of a higher technological construction
              and their appearance in someone's life can be a type of spiritual awakening.
              Some have said that one doesn't "remember" UFO visits until the time is
              right, ie spiritually. I see how they could be linked to Sag not only
              educationally, but also because they are the ultimate of "foreign culture".
              I also think they might fall into the realm of Neptune (another mystical
              planet) and Pluto (gates to the underworld or other world). The
              Necronomicon, Simon's version, while not something to regard very seriously
              on the matter, states that the last planet out in the solar system was like
              the pit-stop of aliens or the Edler Gods. So this would either be Saturn or
              Pluto.
              However, so far the only real indicator is that Crab area.

              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 9, 2006
                UFO experiences do seem 9th house, but there's also an element of
                Lunar emotion, psychic stuff and security issues to it (people who've
                had abduction experiences seem profoundly shaken, even traumatized by
                them). These experiences often occur at night also. And there might
                also be something of Neptune/the 12th house in this in that it's a
                secret that people repress, that sort of cut them off from others,
                plus the dubiousness and deception that sort of clings to this whole
                subject for a lot of people.

                To keep this on topic: the constellation Cancer is mainly in Tropical
                Leo now...

                Mark A. Holmes

                --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres" <l_awake_l@...>
                wrote:

> [...]
                > >it just
                > > > never even dawned on me to call the police or the ministry of
                > >defence !!
                > > > Anyway, a few weeks ago in the local newspapers, the 'sightings'
                > >were
                > > > confirmed. The point being, it didn't only happen one night, it
                > >was there
                > > > over an extending period of time !!
                > > >
                > > > To relate it to astrology/fixed stars, I see Jupiter was in
                > >the 'portal'
                > > > Diana mentioned in the second occasion and the North Node was in
                > >the first.
                > > > Co-incidences?
                > > >
                > > > Interestingly, I have Vertex/Anti-vertex on the 27
                > >Cancer/Capricocrn axis.
                > > > Someone I know who remembered an alien 'episode' as a child has Juno
                > > > on 26 Cancer (and we originally thought it was his Sun square

              • Shawhouse
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 9, 2006
                  There are plenty of newly discovered planets beyond Pluto.
                  Diana Shaw

                • Derek Reveres
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 9, 2006
                    oh yes, I had forgotten about that. The new UBR object has, I believe, been
                    officially declared a planet now, so Pluto is no longer the last planet in
                    our Solar System

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 9, 2006
                      wrote:

                      > oh yes, I had forgotten about that. The new UBR object has, I
                      believe, been
                      > officially declared a planet now, so Pluto is no longer the last
                      planet in
                      > our Solar System

                      That's the proposal that's been approved by the International
                      Astronomical Union's task force on the definition of major planet
                      status. I think it's going to be voted on by the full IAU at their
                      world convention in Prague this summer and then they're going to make
                      an announcement about it.

                      It would be interesting to see what name 2003 UB313 gets.

                      Mark A. Holmes

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse <shawhouse@...> wrote:

                        > There are plenty of newly discovered planets beyond Pluto.
                        > Diana Shaw

                        I thought there was just one. But there are lots of KBOs smaller than
                        2003 UB313 which are probably going to be classified as asteroids,
                        being below the 2000-kilometer minimum diameter which the IAU's work
                        group has approved. (I don't know why the full IAU would vote that
                        proposal down.)

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006

                          > UFO experiences do seem 9th house, but there's also an element of
                          > Lunar emotion, psychic stuff and security issues to it (people who've
                          > had abduction experiences seem profoundly shaken, even traumatized by
                          > them). These experiences often occur at night also. And there might
                          > also be something of Neptune/the 12th house in this in that it's a
                          > secret that people repress, that sort of cut them off from others,
                          > plus the dubiousness and deception that sort of clings to this whole
                          > subject for a lot of people.
                          >
                          > To keep this on topic: the constellation Cancer is mainly in Tropical
                          > Leo now...
                          >
                          > Mark A. Holmes

                          Now, UFOs and ETs have become a global phenomenon.

                          Mark A. Holmes
                        • Shawhouse
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                            You are correct, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were other soon to
                            be discovered "planets." I was responding to the below statement, and
                            my meaning was really that there are plenty of other places that aliens
                            could make pit-stops. Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more
                            rigorous.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006

                              > mahtezcatpoc wrote:
                              >
                              > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse
                              > <shawhouse@...> wrote:

                              (you)

                              > > > There are plenty of newly discovered planets
                              > beyond Pluto.
                              > > > Diana Shaw

                              (me)

                              > > I thought there was just one. But there are lots
                              > of KBOs smaller than
                              > > 2003 UB313 which are probably going to be
                              > classified as asteroids,
                              > > being below the 2000-kilometer minimum diameter
                              > which the IAU's work
                              > > group has approved. (I don't know why the full IAU
                              > would vote that
                              > > proposal down.)

                              (you)

                              > You are correct, but I wouldn't be surprised if
                              > there were other soon to
                              > be discovered "planets."

                              (me)

                              No.

                              (you)

                              I was responding to the
                              > below statement, and
                              > my meaning was really that there are plenty of other
                              > places that aliens
                              > could make pit-stops. Sorry for the confusion. I
                              > should have been more
                              > rigorous.

                              (you earlier)

                              > The Necronomicon, Simon's version, while not
                              > something to regard very
                              > seriously on the matter, states that the last
                              > planet out in the solar
                              > system was
                              > like the pit-stop of aliens or the Edler Gods. So
                              > this would either be
                              > Saturn or Pluto.

                              (me)

                              I think I get it. Saturn was the outermost planet the
                              ancients knew about (that's in the version of the
                              Necronomicon that I read), and Pluto was the outermost
                              known planet that this person Simon (whoever s/he is)
                              knew about when s/he wrote this version?