Re: [thefixedstars] Uranus-Exchusis

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
      --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>
      wrote:

      > Mark sent:
      >
      > > > Uranus
      > > >
      > > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
      > >
      > > "the outpouring"
      >
      > An outpouring of protest against proposed
      > legislation seen as
      > anti-immigrant.
      >
      > Also, Hawaii has gotten a lot of rain lately,
      > breaking one dam on Kauai with
      > deadly and destructive effect, threatening the
      > rupture of others, annoying
      > people who came to the state for the sun, and
      > dirtying beaches around
      > Honolulu with runoff from overloaded and neglected
      > sewer systems that
      > includes the carcasses of dead animals. I think the
      > same thing (rain
      > resulting in flooding) is happening in western
      > Minnesota and eastern North
      > Dakota around the Red River of the North right now.
      >
      > Yes, this is definitely a flood area - have many
      > examples
      >
      > Love, Diana
      >
      > PS: it might also connect to the global
      > warming/rising sea level issue at
      > the fore now.
      > And as drowning star Scheat, Beta Pegasi (29 Pisces
      > 27) is closing on the
      > World Axis
      > point of 0 Aries, this is issue going to get much
      > much worse!

      I saw something on CNN Headline News before I left for
      work this morning about a poll regarding global
      warming. (A Time.com poll has more people thinking
      humans are to blame than it being a natural
      phenomenon, but more people than both of those are
      thinking that global warming is both natural *and*
      human-made).

      http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1176975,00.html

      This is basically the CNN story, from the Chicago
      Sun-Times:

      http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-warm02.html

      "Poll: Americans ready to fight global warming

      April 2, 2006

      WASHINGTON -- An overwhelming majority of Americans
      think they can help reduce global warming and are
      willing to make the sacrifices that are needed, a new
      poll shows.

      After years of controversy, 71 percent of Americans
      now say they think global warming is real, according
      to a telephone survey of 1,200 people for the advocacy
      group Environmental Defense.

      Conducted between Feb. 27 and March 2, the poll has a
      margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points
      and was conducted by the firm Ayres, McHenry &
      Associates, which predominantly polls for Republican
      candidates.

      The results include:

      53 percent think warming is caused more by human
      activity than by normal Earth cycles.

      70 percent think the effects of global warming can be
      reduced.

      59 percent think their efforts as individuals can make
      a difference in global warming.

      At least 90 percent are willing to take the following
      steps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions: recycle,
      turn thermostats down in winter by 2 degrees, caulk
      around windows, and combine driving trips when running
      errands.

      Between 80 percent and 90 percent are willing to take
      these energy-saving actions: wash clothes in cold
      water, turn down water heater temperature, buy
      energy-efficient light bulbs, buy energy-efficient
      appliances, and buy energy-efficient cars.

      70 percent are willing to drive less, and walk, bike,
      car pool or take mass transit."