UFOs and the Cancer Crab

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 2, 2006
      UFOs and the Cancer Crab

      I thought the group might be interested in these messages from Derek Reveres
      and Diana K Rosenberg in AstroLife about UFOs; Derek gave me permission to send this.

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 5, 2006
        something else to keep in mind, is thta UFO, means Unidentified flying
        object, it does not mean (necessarily) little green mean, could be a
        useless piece of space trash that falls out of orbit. etc... MissB
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 6, 2006

          > something else to keep in mind, is thta UFO, means Unidentified flying
          > object, it does not mean (necessarily) little green mean, could be a
          > useless piece of space trash that falls out of orbit. etc... MissB

          Yes. And, some UFO phenomena that do involve apparent sentient
          extraterrestrials and/or their works require a strong commitment to
          denial and obtuseness to dismiss, but the annals of ufology are full
          of hoaxes, misinterpretations, and manifestations of credulity and
          wishful thinking.

          At this point, society in general will not accept the existence of ETs
          unless they land on the Mall in Washington in broad daylight in front
          of TV cameras...and even then some people will refuse to believe.

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 7, 2006
            would have to happen in several places at once and be reported by
            credible sources for anyone to buy it because we are too used ot Star
            Trek, etc. by now to buy it, unless it did happen that way...
            Independence day scenario comes ot mind. =) though I'd like to hear
            something good out of Seti. =) MissB

            > > something else to keep in mind, is thta UFO, means Unidentified
            flying
            > > object, it does not mean (necessarily) little green mean, could
            be a
            > > useless piece of space trash that falls out of orbit. etc... MissB
            >

            > Yes. And, some UFO phenomena that do involve apparent sentient
            > extraterrestrials and/or their works require a strong commitment to
            > denial and obtuseness to dismiss, but the annals of ufology are full
            > of hoaxes, misinterpretations, and manifestations of credulity and
            > wishful thinking.
            >
            > At this point, society in general will not accept the existence of
            ETs
            > unless they land on the Mall in Washington in broad daylight in
            front
            > of TV cameras...and even then some people will refuse to believe.
            >

            > Mark A. Holmes

          • Astrocalypse
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 8, 2006
              Reposting this since it seems to have disappeared into thin air the first
              time !
              -------------------

              So what would be regarded as a credible source?

              I have at least two personal experience of UFOs:-

              (1) On one occasion we visited Normandy in France. We stayed in a remote
              hotel which took an hour to drive back from town. One night after dinner on
              our way back, we were driving alone a narrow country lane with no one about
              and no traffic. There were farmhouses scattered along the way. Suddenly
              there was this strange lights (I was the front seat passenger in a right
              hand drive vehicle in a left hand drive country) rotating above us and
              obviously following the car, and they were circular in shapes and arranged
              in a circle, just like those at the bottom of the UFO disc in a 60s sci-fi
              movie! I looked around expecting some hoaxes or search lights coming from
              some farmhouses, there was nothing. Even if there were, it couldn't
              possibly have followed us for more than a mile so constantly. Anyway, as
              soon as a car drove up behind us, the lights disappeared.

              (2) Back in 2002/2003, I remember seeing object(s) in the sky at night near
              where I live which couldn't have been airplanes because it stationed for too
              long (hours on end) and it was too high to be any sorts of street lights,
              balloons or similar. I talked about it to people, but generally they
              dismissed it or tried hard to explain it away (as one does!). And it just
              never even dawned on me to call the police or the ministry of defence !!
              Anyway, a few weeks ago in the local newspapers, the 'sightings' were
              confirmed. The point being, it didn't only happen one night, it was there
              over an extending period of time !!

              To relate it to astrology/fixed stars, I see Jupiter was in the 'portal'
              Diana mentioned in the second occasion and the North Node was in the first.
              Co-incidences?

              Interestingly, I have Vertex/Anti-vertex on the 27 Cancer/Capricocrn axis.
              Someone I know who remembered an alien 'episode' as a child has Juno
              on 26 Cancer (and we originally thought it was his Sun square Pluto !).

              Cal
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 8, 2006
                but I would think that the experience of of sighting something
                unfamiliar, would be 9th house, because it is something that effects
                you on the educational and spiritual level. As in a soul wake up.
                Just a thought.

                reversed these paragraphs for logic

                it isnt' that (well in most scientists minds anyway) the sightings
                aren't credible, its peoples translations of events that most
                scientists and joe average sceptic dont buy. Sounds like you did
                indeed spot an unidentified flying object, unless of course it was
                identified by someone else. ;-) that doesnt' make it ET, just maeks
                it un-identified.

                MissB

                --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astrocalypse"
                <astrocalypse@...> wrote:

                > Reposting this since it seems to have disappeared into thin air the
                first
                > time !
                > -------------------
                >
                > So what would be regarded as a credible source?
                >
                > I have at least two personal experience of UFOs:-
                >
                > (1) On one occasion we visited Normandy in France. We stayed in a
                remote
                > hotel which took an hour to drive back from town. One night after
                dinner on
                > our way back, we were driving alone a narrow country lane with no
                one about
                > and no traffic. There were farmhouses scattered along the way.
                Suddenly
                > there was this strange lights (I was the front seat passenger in a
                right
                > hand drive vehicle in a left hand drive country) rotating above us
                and
                > obviously following the car, and they were circular in shapes and
                arranged
                > in a circle, just like those at the bottom of the UFO disc in a 60s
                sci-fi
                > movie! I looked around expecting some hoaxes or search lights
                coming from
                > some farmhouses, there was nothing. Even if there were, it couldn't
                > possibly have followed us for more than a mile so constantly.
                Anyway, as
                > soon as a car drove up behind us, the lights disappeared.
                >
                > (2) Back in 2002/2003, I remember seeing object(s) in the sky at
                night near
                > where I live which couldn't have been airplanes because it
                stationed for too
                > long (hours on end) and it was too high to be any sorts of street
                lights,
                > balloons or similar. I talked about it to people, but generally
                they
                > dismissed it or tried hard to explain it away (as one does!). And
                it just
                > never even dawned on me to call the police or the ministry of
                defence !!
                > Anyway, a few weeks ago in the local newspapers, the 'sightings'
                were
                > confirmed. The point being, it didn't only happen one night, it
                was there
                > over an extending period of time !!
                >
                > To relate it to astrology/fixed stars, I see Jupiter was in
                the 'portal'
                > Diana mentioned in the second occasion and the North Node was in
                the first.
                > Co-incidences?
                >
                > Interestingly, I have Vertex/Anti-vertex on the 27
                Cancer/Capricocrn axis.
                > Someone I know who remembered an alien 'episode' as a child has Juno
                > on 26 Cancer (and we originally thought it was his Sun square
                Pluto !).

                > Cal

              • Derek Reveres
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 9, 2006
                  I am wondering, since the Crab is ruled by the Moon, if there can be some
                  type of Lunar tie-in to all this? So far it seems the only indicator is
                  placements in the Crab Constellation.
                  In the occult, the Moon rules psychic phenomenon and experiences. Because
                  UFOs are regarded by many as something akin to angels- and i only say this
                  because a lot of people on other message boards seem to regard alien
                  abductions as a spiritual experience- then the Moon rulership is fitting. I
                  can see how Uranus might be linked because Uranus rules higher consciousness
                  as well as technology. The UFOs are of a higher technological construction
                  and their appearance in someone's life can be a type of spiritual awakening.
                  Some have said that one doesn't "remember" UFO visits until the time is
                  right, ie spiritually. I see how they could be linked to Sag not only
                  educationally, but also because they are the ultimate of "foreign culture".
                  I also think they might fall into the realm of Neptune (another mystical
                  planet) and Pluto (gates to the underworld or other world). The
                  Necronomicon, Simon's version, while not something to regard very seriously
                  on the matter, states that the last planet out in the solar system was like
                  the pit-stop of aliens or the Edler Gods. So this would either be Saturn or
                  Pluto.
                  However, so far the only real indicator is that Crab area.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 9, 2006
                    UFO experiences do seem 9th house, but there's also an element of
                    Lunar emotion, psychic stuff and security issues to it (people who've
                    had abduction experiences seem profoundly shaken, even traumatized by
                    them). These experiences often occur at night also. And there might
                    also be something of Neptune/the 12th house in this in that it's a
                    secret that people repress, that sort of cut them off from others,
                    plus the dubiousness and deception that sort of clings to this whole
                    subject for a lot of people.

                    To keep this on topic: the constellation Cancer is mainly in Tropical
                    Leo now...

                    Mark A. Holmes

                    --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres" <l_awake_l@...>
                    wrote:

> [...]
                    > >it just
                    > > > never even dawned on me to call the police or the ministry of
                    > >defence !!
                    > > > Anyway, a few weeks ago in the local newspapers, the 'sightings'
                    > >were
                    > > > confirmed. The point being, it didn't only happen one night, it
                    > >was there
                    > > > over an extending period of time !!
                    > > >
                    > > > To relate it to astrology/fixed stars, I see Jupiter was in
                    > >the 'portal'
                    > > > Diana mentioned in the second occasion and the North Node was in
                    > >the first.
                    > > > Co-incidences?
                    > > >
                    > > > Interestingly, I have Vertex/Anti-vertex on the 27
                    > >Cancer/Capricocrn axis.
                    > > > Someone I know who remembered an alien 'episode' as a child has Juno
                    > > > on 26 Cancer (and we originally thought it was his Sun square

                  • Shawhouse
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 9, 2006
                      There are plenty of newly discovered planets beyond Pluto.
                      Diana Shaw

                    • Derek Reveres
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 9, 2006
                        oh yes, I had forgotten about that. The new UBR object has, I believe, been
                        officially declared a planet now, so Pluto is no longer the last planet in
                        our Solar System

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 9, 2006
                          wrote:

                          > oh yes, I had forgotten about that. The new UBR object has, I
                          believe, been
                          > officially declared a planet now, so Pluto is no longer the last
                          planet in
                          > our Solar System

                          That's the proposal that's been approved by the International
                          Astronomical Union's task force on the definition of major planet
                          status. I think it's going to be voted on by the full IAU at their
                          world convention in Prague this summer and then they're going to make
                          an announcement about it.

                          It would be interesting to see what name 2003 UB313 gets.

                          Mark A. Holmes

                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse <shawhouse@...> wrote:

                            > There are plenty of newly discovered planets beyond Pluto.
                            > Diana Shaw

                            I thought there was just one. But there are lots of KBOs smaller than
                            2003 UB313 which are probably going to be classified as asteroids,
                            being below the 2000-kilometer minimum diameter which the IAU's work
                            group has approved. (I don't know why the full IAU would vote that
                            proposal down.)

                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006

                              > UFO experiences do seem 9th house, but there's also an element of
                              > Lunar emotion, psychic stuff and security issues to it (people who've
                              > had abduction experiences seem profoundly shaken, even traumatized by
                              > them). These experiences often occur at night also. And there might
                              > also be something of Neptune/the 12th house in this in that it's a
                              > secret that people repress, that sort of cut them off from others,
                              > plus the dubiousness and deception that sort of clings to this whole
                              > subject for a lot of people.
                              >
                              > To keep this on topic: the constellation Cancer is mainly in Tropical
                              > Leo now...
                              >
                              > Mark A. Holmes

                              Now, UFOs and ETs have become a global phenomenon.

                              Mark A. Holmes
                            • Shawhouse
                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006
                                You are correct, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were other soon to
                                be discovered "planets." I was responding to the below statement, and
                                my meaning was really that there are plenty of other places that aliens
                                could make pit-stops. Sorry for the confusion. I should have been more
                                rigorous.

                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 10, 2006

                                  > mahtezcatpoc wrote:
                                  >
                                  > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, Shawhouse
                                  > <shawhouse@...> wrote:

                                  (you)

                                  > > > There are plenty of newly discovered planets
                                  > beyond Pluto.
                                  > > > Diana Shaw

                                  (me)

                                  > > I thought there was just one. But there are lots
                                  > of KBOs smaller than
                                  > > 2003 UB313 which are probably going to be
                                  > classified as asteroids,
                                  > > being below the 2000-kilometer minimum diameter
                                  > which the IAU's work
                                  > > group has approved. (I don't know why the full IAU
                                  > would vote that
                                  > > proposal down.)

                                  (you)

                                  > You are correct, but I wouldn't be surprised if
                                  > there were other soon to
                                  > be discovered "planets."

                                  (me)

                                  No.

                                  (you)

                                  I was responding to the
                                  > below statement, and
                                  > my meaning was really that there are plenty of other
                                  > places that aliens
                                  > could make pit-stops. Sorry for the confusion. I
                                  > should have been more
                                  > rigorous.

                                  (you earlier)

                                  > The Necronomicon, Simon's version, while not
                                  > something to regard very
                                  > seriously on the matter, states that the last
                                  > planet out in the solar
                                  > system was
                                  > like the pit-stop of aliens or the Edler Gods. So
                                  > this would either be
                                  > Saturn or Pluto.

                                  (me)

                                  I think I get it. Saturn was the outermost planet the
                                  ancients knew about (that's in the version of the
                                  Necronomicon that I read), and Pluto was the outermost
                                  known planet that this person Simon (whoever s/he is)
                                  knew about when s/he wrote this version?