My novae page

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 3:21 PM
      I'm adding this to the Links section.

      http://www.geocities.com/mahtezcatpoc/novae.html

      It's hardly a comprehensive list, but I thought it might be helpful.
      I've been concentrating on recent bright novae (particularly the ones
      that don't already have variable designations such as RS Ophiuchi) and
      supernovae. There haven't been all that many in the past 30 years. I
      could go back further.

      Novae occur when stars throw off their outer layers and radically
      increase in brightness; this may occur again and again with the same
      star. Supernovae, which occur when stars literally explode, are
      obviously a one-time-only event.