Fixed star alignments (April 2, 2006)

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
      As of noon CDT.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today.

      Jupiter

      Solitarius (58 Hydrae; in Hydra the Sea-Serpent's tail, also marks the
      obsolete constellation Solitarius, the Solitaire [bird])

      Saturn

      Typographica (Zeta Monocerotis; marks the obsolete constellation
      Officina Typographica, the Printing office)

      Talitha Australis (Kappa Ursae Majoris)

      Altarf (Beta Cancri)

      Uranus

      Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)

      Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)

      Neptune

      The Red-Necked Emu (an asterism in Cygnus, kind of between Gamma and
      Eta Cygni in the Swan's body, which is said to look like an emu and is
      composed mostly of blue stars except for a red one which marks the
      emu's neck; 29 Cygni marks its foot)

      Pluto

      Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)

      Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)

      RS Ophiuchi

      Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)

      Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)

      Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)

      Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)

      Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

      Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)

      Galactic Center

      Terzan 5ad (Terzan 5ad Sagittarii, also known as PSR J1748-2446ad, in
      the globular cluster Terzan 5)

      Ceres

      *Armus (Eta Capricorni)

      *Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)

      *Cygnus X-1 (the famous black hole)

      (I have "teaches detachment" for this one)

      Pallas

      *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)

      *Vega (Alpha Lyrae)

      Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)

      *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)

      *Arkab Posterior (Beta-2 Sagittarii)

      *Alya (Theta Serpentis; in Serpens Cauda)

      *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)

      Juno

      *Yildun (Delta Ursae Minoris; in the Little Bear's long tail)

      *M-35 (Geminorum, an open cluster near Tejat [Eta Geminorum] in the
      Twin Castor's right foot)

      *Polarissima Borealis (NGC 3172 Ursae Minoris; a galaxy near Lambda
      Ursae Minoris at the tip of the Little Bear's tail; it is even closer
      to the north celestial pole than Polaris is)

      Vesta

      *NGC 2304 (Geminorum, an open cluster between Gamma Geminorum [Alhena]
      and Zeta Geminorum [Mekbuda] in [I think] the Twin Pollux's right leg
      which according to Byron Wahl on the Mercury Hour list has a malefic
      influence--he hasn't gotten any more specific that I know of)

      Chiron

      Globus (Gamma Microscopii; marks the focus-control knob
      on the Microscope and the obsolete constellation Globus
      Aerostatica [the Hot-Air Balloon])

      Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)

      Black Widow Pulsar (B1957+20 Sagittae)

      South Node

      Zaniah (Eta Virginis)

      Al Dhibah (Zeta Draconis, aka Nodus I)

      Edasich (Iota Draconis)

      --->(these last two were aligned with the South Node last week, too;
      sorry)

      Black Eye Galaxy (M64 Comae Berenices)

      Lost Galaxy (NGC 4526 Virginis)

      Siamese Twins (NGC 4567 Virginis)

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2006

        > As of noon CDT.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago [April 2].
        >

        > Jupiter
        >
        > Solitarius (58 Hydrae; in Hydra the Sea-Serpent's tail, also marks the
        > obsolete constellation Solitarius, the Solitaire [bird])
        >

        > Saturn
        >
        > Typographica (Zeta Monocerotis; marks the obsolete constellation
        > Officina Typographica, the Printing office)
        >
        > Talitha Australis (Kappa Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > Altarf (Beta Cancri)
        >

        > Uranus
        >
        > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
        >
        > Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)
        >

        > Neptune
        >
        > The Red-Necked Emu (an asterism in Cygnus, kind of between Gamma and
        > Eta Cygni in the Swan's body, which is said to look like an emu and is
        > composed mostly of blue stars except for a red one which marks the
        > emu's neck; 29 Cygni marks its foot)

        The emu is related to the ostrich.

        You'll get your head chopped off if you try and play ostrich?

        > Pluto
        >
        > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
        >
        > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
        >
        > RS Ophiuchi
        >
        > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
        >
        > Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)
        >
        > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
        >
        > Galactic Center
        >
        > Terzan 5ad (Terzan 5ad Sagittarii, also known as PSR J1748-2446ad, in
        > the globular cluster Terzan 5)
        >

        > Ceres
        >
        > *Armus (Eta Capricorni)

        "It gives disagreeableness, contemptibleness, instability,
        shamelessness, nagging and a troublesome and contentious nature." (Robson)

        Immigration becoming an issue here in the US, the GOP being badgered
        over various things...

        > *Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)

        Arabic for "the swallower"

        > *Cygnus X-1 (the famous black hole)
        >
        > (I have "teaches detachment" for this one)
        >

        > Pallas
        >
        > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)

        Arabic for "the knee".

        From the Brady star file in SolarFire 5:

        "In the foot of the Archer, this star is not well defined but could be
        linked to either a steadiness and strength, drawing on the symbolism
        of the stance of the archer or it may be linked to education, drawing
        on the symbolism of a star in the foot of a constellation."

        > *Vega (Alpha Lyrae)

        "It gives beneficence, ideality, hopefulness, refinement and
        changeability, and makes its natives grave, sober, outwardly
        pretentious and usually lascivious. (Robson)"

        "Associated with wealth and pretentiousness."(Larousse Encyclopedia of
        Astrology)

        From the Brady star file in SolarFire 5:

        "Whether we see this star as symbolising the charisma and magic of
        Orpheus' Lyre or as the sacred and charismatic Egyptian goddess Maat,
        this star is truly magical. If strong in a chart, it will express
        itself as a charismatic quality in the personality. This may be seen
        as beautiful, artistic or a great orator. However, it can also be
        charm put to negative use as in a charismatic dictator."

        > Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)
        >
        > *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)
        >
        > *Arkab Posterior (Beta-2 Sagittarii)

        Arkab = (Possibly from the) Arabic for "Achilles tendon".

        > *Alya (Theta Serpentis; in Serpens Cauda)

        "The sheep's tail" in Arabic

        > *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)

        Arabic for "the city" or "the district"; located in the Archer's head.

        > Juno
        >
        > *Yildun (Delta Ursae Minoris; in the Little Bear's long tail)

        Possibly from the Turkish "yilduz" (dancing)(?).

        http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Yildun.html

        (Congress trying to get immigration reform passed)

        > *M-35 (Geminorum, an open cluster near Tejat [Eta Geminorum] in the
        > Twin Castor's right foot)

        something used as a football?

        > *Polarissima Borealis (NGC 3172 Ursae Minoris; a galaxy near Lambda
        > Ursae Minoris at the tip of the Little Bear's tail; it is even closer
        > to the north celestial pole than Polaris is)

        But a lot harder to see. (An effort to keep on the path, stick to
        one's principles?)

        > Vesta
        >
        > *NGC 2304 (Geminorum, an open cluster between Gamma Geminorum [Alhena]
        > and Zeta Geminorum [Mekbuda] in the Twin Pollux's left leg
        > which according to Byron Wahl on the Mercury Hour list has a malefic
        > influence--he hasn't gotten any more specific that I know of)

        The leg that most people would stand on when kicking a football is
        their left (feeling confident enough to kick someone or something
        around, keeping one's balance if the football gets yanked away?)

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2006

          > > As of noon CDT.
          > >
          > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago [April 2].
          > >

          > > Jupiter
          > >
          > > Solitarius (58 Hydrae; in Hydra the Sea-Serpent's tail, also marks the
          > > obsolete constellation Solitarius, the Solitaire [bird])

          Tom DeLay, feeling the loss of support, quits.(?)

          > > Saturn
          > >
          > > Typographica (Zeta Monocerotis; marks the obsolete constellation
          > > Officina Typographica, the Printing office)
          > >
          > > Talitha Australis (Kappa Ursae Majoris)
          > >
          > > Altarf (Beta Cancri)
          > >

          > > Uranus
          > >
          > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
          > >
          > > Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)
          > >

          > > Neptune
          > >
          > > The Red-Necked Emu (an asterism in Cygnus, kind of between Gamma and
          > > Eta Cygni in the Swan's body, which is said to look like an emu and is
          > > composed mostly of blue stars except for a red one which marks the
          > > emu's neck; 29 Cygni marks its foot)
          >
          > The emu is related to the ostrich.
          >
          > You'll get your head chopped off if you try and play ostrich?
          >

          > > Pluto
          > >
          > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
          > >
          > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
          > >
          > > RS Ophiuchi
          > >
          > > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
          > >
          > > Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)
          > >
          > > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > Galactic Center
          > >
          > > Terzan 5ad (Terzan 5ad Sagittarii, also known as PSR J1748-2446ad, in
          > > the globular cluster Terzan 5)
          > >

          > > Ceres
          > >
          > > *Armus (Eta Capricorni)
          >
          > "It gives disagreeableness, contemptibleness, instability,
          > shamelessness, nagging and a troublesome and contentious nature."
          (Robson)

          > Immigration becoming an issue here in the US, the GOP being badgered
          > over various things...
          >

          > > *Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)
          >
          > Arabic for "the swallower"

          Feeling like you've swallowed something and it turned out to be bad...

          > > *Cygnus X-1 (the famous black hole)
          > >
          > > (I have "teaches detachment" for this one)
          > >

          > > Pallas
          > >
          > > *Rukbat (Alpha Sagittarii)
          >
          > Arabic for "the knee".
          >
          > From the Brady star file in SolarFire 5:
          >
          > "In the foot of the Archer, this star is not well defined but could be
          > linked to either a steadiness and strength, drawing on the symbolism
          > of the stance of the archer or it may be linked to education, drawing
          > on the symbolism of a star in the foot of a constellation."

          US school kids and college students leaving class to demonstrate?

          > > *Vega (Alpha Lyrae)
          >
          > "It gives beneficence, ideality, hopefulness, refinement and
          > changeability, and makes its natives grave, sober, outwardly
          > pretentious and usually lascivious. (Robson)"
          >
          > "Associated with wealth and pretentiousness."(Larousse Encyclopedia of
          > Astrology)
          >
          > From the Brady star file in SolarFire 5:
          >
          > "Whether we see this star as symbolising the charisma and magic of
          > Orpheus' Lyre or as the sacred and charismatic Egyptian goddess Maat,
          > this star is truly magical. If strong in a chart, it will express
          > itself as a charismatic quality in the personality. This may be seen
          > as beautiful, artistic or a great orator. However, it can also be
          > charm put to negative use as in a charismatic dictator."

          DeLay again? Or Hugo Chavez?

          > > Manubrium (Omicron Sagittarii)

          The pro-immigration demonstrations in the US continue, and Iran plows
          ahead with its nuclear ambitions.

          > > *Arkab Prior (Beta-1 Sagittarii)
          > >
          > > *Arkab Posterior (Beta-2 Sagittarii)
          >
          > Arkab = (Possibly from the) Arabic for "Achilles tendon".

          Vulnerability?

          > > *Alya (Theta Serpentis; in Serpens Cauda)
          >
          > "The sheep's tail" in Arabic

          Debating presents for the already privileged (tax cuts?)

          > > *Albaldah (Pi Sagittarii)
          >
          > Arabic for "the city" or "the district"; located in the Archer's head.

          Having to do with civilization, or a city in particular (Baghdad? New
          Orleans? San Francisco--with the 100th anniversary of the great quake
          of 1906 coming up?

          > > Juno
          > >
          > > *Yildun (Delta Ursae Minoris; in the Little Bear's long tail)
          >
          > Possibly from the Turkish "yilduz" (dancing)(?).
          >
          > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Yildun.html
          >
          > (Congress trying to get immigration reform passed)
          >

          > > *M-35 (Geminorum, an open cluster near Tejat [Eta Geminorum] in the
          > > Twin Castor's right foot)
          >
          > something used as a football?

          Immigration? Aid to the Palestinian government?

          > > *Polarissima Borealis (NGC 3172 Ursae Minoris; a galaxy near Lambda
          > > Ursae Minoris at the tip of the Little Bear's tail; it is even closer
          > > to the north celestial pole than Polaris is)
          >
          > But a lot harder to see. (An effort to keep on the path, stick to
          > one's principles?)

          In the case of some politicians. (It might be a concern of Pope
          Benedict XVI, too.)

          > > Vesta
          > >
          > > *NGC 2304 (Geminorum, an open cluster between Gamma Geminorum [Alhena]
          > > and Zeta Geminorum [Mekbuda] in the Twin Pollux's left leg
          > > which according to Byron Wahl on the Mercury Hour list has a malefic
          > > influence--he hasn't gotten any more specific that I know of)
          >
          > The leg that most people would stand on when kicking a football is
          > their left (feeling confident enough to kick someone or something
          > around, keeping one's balance if the football gets yanked away?)

          The Democrats? Silvio Berlusconi? Hamas? The Iranian government?
          Certain presidential candidates in Peru (who have fought a bruising
          campaign)?

          > > Chiron
          > >
          > > Globus (Gamma Microscopii; marks the focus-control knob
          > > on the Microscope and the obsolete constellation Globus
          > > Aerostatica [the Hot-Air Balloon])
          > >
          > > Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)

          Charlize Theron taking up for gay marriage?

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 16, 2006

            > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"
            > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > As of noon CDT.
            > > >
            > > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago
            [April 2].

            > > > Jupiter
            > > >
            > > > Solitarius (58 Hydrae; in Hydra the Sea-Serpent's tail, also
            marks the
            > > > obsolete constellation Solitarius, the Solitaire [bird])
            >

            > Tom DeLay, feeling the loss of support, quits.(?)
            >

            > > > Saturn
            > > >
            > > > Typographica (Zeta Monocerotis; marks the obsolete constellation
            > > > Officina Typographica, the Printing office)
            > > >
            > > > Talitha Australis (Kappa Ursae Majoris)
            > > >
            > > > Altarf (Beta Cancri)
            > > >

            > > > Uranus
            > > >
            > > > Ekchusis (Lambda Aquarii)
            > > >
            > > > Head of Hydrus (Alpha Hydri)
            > > >

            > > > Neptune
            > > >
            > > > The Red-Necked Emu (an asterism in Cygnus, kind of between Gamma and
            > > > Eta Cygni in the Swan's body, which is said to look like an emu
            and is
            > > > composed mostly of blue stars except for a red one which marks the
            > > > emu's neck; 29 Cygni marks its foot)
            > >
            > > The emu is related to the ostrich.
            > >
            > > You'll get your head chopped off if you try and play ostrich?

            HR Delphini

            (a place where everyone is showing off? like in demonstrations?)

            IL Vulpeculae

            (sick of scandal? agricultural and economic issues, possibly related
            to bird flu or mumps?)

            QU Vulpeculae

            (time to step in? time to queue [line] up--to vote? line up, to enroll
            in government benefits like for prescription drugs?)

            all cataclysmic variables (you could say novae).

            > > > Pluto
            > > >
            > > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
            > > >
            > > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
            > > >
            > > > RS Ophiuchi
            > > >
            > > > Box Nebula (NGC 6445 Sagittarii)
            > > >
            > > > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
            > > >
            > > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
            > > >
            > > > Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)
            > > >
            > > > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
            > > >
            > > > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)
            > > >
            > > > Galactic Center
            > > >
            > > > Terzan 5ad (Terzan 5ad Sagittarii, also known as PSR
            J1748-2446ad, in
            > > > the globular cluster Terzan 5)
            > > >

            > > > Ceres
            > > >
            > > > *Armus (Eta Capricorni)
            > >
            > > "It gives disagreeableness, contemptibleness, instability,
            > > shamelessness, nagging and a troublesome and contentious nature."
            > (Robson)
            > >
            > > Immigration becoming an issue here in the US, the GOP being badgered
            > > over various things...
            > >

            > > > *Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)
            > >
            > > Arabic for "the swallower"
            >

            > Feeling like you've swallowed something and it turned out to be bad...
            >

            > > > *Cygnus X-1 (the famous black hole)
            > > >
            > > > (I have "teaches detachment" for this one)

            AE Aquarii

            (cataclysmic variable)

            (arts and entertainment being treated as something of Great
            Significance--lots of shows in the US have been canceled, or might be.
            Two TV networks, WB and UPN, are merging and some shows will not
            continue to the new CW network.

            Bollywood film actors dying, involved in scandal [like being arrested
            for shooting endangered animals]).

> [...]
            > >
            > > But a lot harder to see. (An effort to keep on the path, stick to
            > > one's principles?)
            >

            > In the case of some politicians. (It might be a concern of Pope
            > Benedict XVI, too.)
            >

            > > > Vesta
            > > >
            > > > *NGC 2304 (Geminorum, an open cluster between Gamma Geminorum
            [Alhena]
            > > > and Zeta Geminorum [Mekbuda] in the Twin Pollux's left leg
            > > > which according to Byron Wahl on the Mercury Hour list has a malefic
            > > > influence--he hasn't gotten any more specific that I know of)
            > >
            > > The leg that most people would stand on when kicking a football is
            > > their left (feeling confident enough to kick someone or something
            > > around, keeping one's balance if the football gets yanked away?)
            >

            > The Democrats? Silvio Berlusconi? Hamas? The Iranian government?
            > Certain presidential candidates in Peru (who have fought a bruising

            BT Monocerotis

            (with a built-in immunity to something? don't know what that might be
            in this case. Having to do with biotech, maybe?)

            DN Geminorum

            (din?)

            (cataclysmic variables)

            > > > Chiron
            > > >
            > > > Globus (Gamma Microscopii; marks the focus-control knob
            > > > on the Microscope and the obsolete constellation Globus
            > > > Aerostatica [the Hot-Air Balloon])
            > > >
            > > > Diamond Ring Nebula (Abell 70 Aquilae)
            >

            > Charlize Theron taking up for gay marriage?
            >

            > > > Black Widow Pulsar (B1957+20 Sagittae)

            WZ Sagittae

            (a major outburst that doesn't happen every day?

            the immigration demonstrations, Iran's apparent entrance to the
            nuclear club?)