Re: [thefixedstars] Bugs

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2006
      --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>

      > From the AstroLife list:
      > Francoise Frigola [franou@...]
      > On 3 30 06 Francoise sent (Re History of the
      > Internet)
      > September 9, 1945 3:45 PM, Cambridge, MA (Harvard
      > University) (relay #70
      > Panel F (moth) in relay)
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:H96566k.jpg
      > In 1946, when Hopper was released from active duty,
      > she joined the Harvard
      > Faculty at the Computation Laboratory where she
      > continued her work on the
      > Mark II and Mark III. Operators traced an error in
      > the Mark II to a moth
      > trapped in a relay, coining the term bug. This bug
      > was carefully removed and
      > taped to the log book September 9th 1945. Stemming
      > from the first bug, today
      > we call errors or glitch's[sic] in a program a bug.
      > Years ago, during a conference, I heard her state
      > that they found several
      > "bugs" eating computer the wires on a board.
      > Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper (December 9, 1906 -
      > January 1, 1992) was an
      > American computer scientist and naval officer. A
      > pioneer in the field, she
      > was the first programmer of the Mark I Calculator
      > and developed the first
      > compiler for a computer programming language.
      > =========================
      > I replied:
      > I took a quick look at the planets of Sept 9, 1945;
      > Venus and Pluto
      > were cnj in the "bug" area of the sky, cluster M44,
      > Praesepe, "the
      > Beehive"! (1st half of trop Leo)
      > Love it!

      Mercury in this chart is aligned with the Papillon
      Galaxy (IC 708 Ursae Majoris). Papillon is French for
      "butterfly" or "moth."

      To continue this theme: Saturn in this chart is
      aligned with Pollux...

      From SF5's Brady star file:

      "The twin star to Castor, Pollux represents the
      painful process of learning and discovering. The
      tormented artist, the person who sees or encounters
      the more difficult side of things. These difficulties
      can take the main focus, swamping the person who
      constantly struggles to pull themselves into clearer

      Some of the other alignments in this chart seem to
      hint at future difficulties involving the *deliberate
      dissemination* of flawed code, i.e., viruses, worms
      and other malware:

      Algieba (Epsilon Leonis, aka Algenubi)

      Phekda (Gamma Ursae Majoris)

      Megrez (Delta Ursae Majoris--at the root of the Great
      Bear's tail)

      Acubens (Alpha Cancri)

      Kocab (Beta Ursae Minoris--linked to suicide by

      Edasich (Iota Draconis)

      Al Dhibah (Zeta Draconis)

      (Al Dhibah = the hyenas. Edasich = the male hyena.
      Sounds like an okay description of virus writers [I
      suppose there might be some female virus writers out
      there, though])

      Hoedus I (Zeta Aurigae, one of the Kids)

      Minchir (Sigma Hydrae, in the Sea-Serpent's head)

      Mizar (Zeta Ursae Majoris)

      (Phekda, Mizar--the Melissa virus, the ILoveYou virus,
      and other malware creating widespread calamity;
      Megrez--a bunch of crap; Minchir--a tainted

      Criminal behavior creates a need for police to control

      Asterion (Beta Canum Venaticorum, marking the head of
      the southern Hunting Dog Chara)

      La Superba (Y Canum Venaticorum, a variable star in [I
      think] the neck of the northern Hunting Dog, Asterion)

      Lynx (Alpha Lyncis, in the head of the Lynx)

      Zubenalgenubi (Beta Librae)

      North Node

      Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris--having to do with
      publicity [of threats])

      And then there's Khambalia (Lambda Virginis) on the
      Midheaven (unreliable, changeable, investigative), as
      well as Centaurus A (stressing out).