Re: The different ways of labelling Saros Series

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 21, 2006
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astro Logos" <office@...>
      wrote:

      > Hullo Mark
      >

      > > Meanwhile you can also simply look at the formation chart
      yourself
      > and delineate that as to the meaning of the eclipse. This one is
      > good one, I believe.
      >

      > What, using the date given and noon LMT at 90N00/0W00?
      >
      > Yes just plot a chart for the 3:39:06 GMT - in other words the
      moment of the new moon for 17 May 1501 - it does not matter were you
      locate it as technically it needs to be 90N which means you cannot
      really get angles, house etc - so you ignore the house and angle
      information of the chart and simply focus on the planetary patterns
      for that moment. I use tight aspecting and tight midpoints. I could
      put them all here but it is just as easy for readers to create the
      chart themselves.

      > The Lunar series could be labeled - Lunar 8 North (this is what
      I suggest in my book) but now I disagree and see the Lunar series as
      totally separate. I have delineated a lot of these already but that
      is a book in progress :) ... Lunar eclipses start on the equator
      unlike solar eclipses that start at one of the poles - I do a lot on
      this in the Studyshop that got published on Eclipses

      > OK - bye for now
      >
      > Bernadette Brady
      > www.AstroLogos.co.uk

      Thanks for the info.