Re: [thefixedstars] Re: The different ways of labelling Saros Series

  • sisterbellabee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 20, 2006
      In a message dated 03/20/2006 6:53:05 PM Pacific Standard Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
      It's okay to lurk and learn here.
      Thank you!  I have much to learn, thank you for this!

      Sincerely, Sherri
    • Astro Logos
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 21, 2006

        Hullo Mark

        > Meanwhile you can also simply look at the formation chart yourself
        and delineate that as to the meaning of the eclipse. This one is a
        good one, I believe.

        What, using the date given and noon LMT at 90N00/0W00?

        Yes just plot a chart for the 3:39:06 GMT - in other words the moment of the new moon for 17 May 1501 - it does not matter were you locate it as technically it needs to be 90N which means you cannot really get angles, house etc - so you ignore the house and angle information of the chart and simply focus on the planetary patterns for that moment. I use tight aspecting and tight midpoints. I could put them all here but it is just as easy for readers to create the chart themselves.

        The Lunar series could be labeled - Lunar 8 North (this is what I suggest in my book) but now I disagree and see the Lunar series as totally separate. I have delineated a lot of these already but that is a book in progress :) ... Lunar eclipses start on the equator unlike solar eclipses that start at one of the poles - I do a lot on this in the Studyshop that got published on Eclipses

        OK - bye for now

        Bernadette Brady

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 21, 2006
          --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Astro Logos" <office@...>
          wrote:

          > Hullo Mark
          >

          > > Meanwhile you can also simply look at the formation chart
          yourself
          > and delineate that as to the meaning of the eclipse. This one is
          > good one, I believe.
          >

          > What, using the date given and noon LMT at 90N00/0W00?
          >
          > Yes just plot a chart for the 3:39:06 GMT - in other words the
          moment of the new moon for 17 May 1501 - it does not matter were you
          locate it as technically it needs to be 90N which means you cannot
          really get angles, house etc - so you ignore the house and angle
          information of the chart and simply focus on the planetary patterns
          for that moment. I use tight aspecting and tight midpoints. I could
          put them all here but it is just as easy for readers to create the
          chart themselves.

          > The Lunar series could be labeled - Lunar 8 North (this is what
          I suggest in my book) but now I disagree and see the Lunar series as
          totally separate. I have delineated a lot of these already but that
          is a book in progress :) ... Lunar eclipses start on the equator
          unlike solar eclipses that start at one of the poles - I do a lot on
          this in the Studyshop that got published on Eclipses

          > OK - bye for now
          >
          > Bernadette Brady
          > www.AstroLogos.co.uk

          Thanks for the info.