Re: Zuben Hakrabi

  • oparhi
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2006
      Hi,

      I was using Bernadette Brady's Fixed Stars book info about the stars
      of Libra (in her book page 279). I know little about it, that's why I
      was asking. In solar fire anyway Zuben Hakrabi is in starfile by name.
      There it is listed Nu Libra - NGC 20311.

      OP

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2006
        It seems to me that Jupiter really is the balance for a bit. I mean
        Neptune and Saturn flirt with opposition until SEptember 1, and the T
        Square of Jupiter somewhat shifting back and forth during that time
        gives the impression of a balance tilting back and forth. I'd say
        the scales are looking for balance. with Idealism (Neptune) on one
        end and Tradition (saturn) on the other. Pluto and jupiter can both
        play the judge, and I think that regeneration is certainly a theme.

        just a thought, MissB
        aka Beth

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2006
          Uh-huh.

          Using my preferred 5 00' orbs for transiting
          oppositions, Saturn in Leo is opposite Neptune in
          Aquarius from next summer to the summer after that.

          I'm going to look at the constellations they're in
          when I can.

          Neptune is almost through with its conjunction to my
          natal Saturn (and it can't end fast enough for me).

          Mark A. Holmes

        • oparhi
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 7, 2006
            Hi,

            In this link of Wikipedia, you can read of Zuben Hakrabi:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libra
            Not much on Nu Librae yet,

            Some more links:
            http://www.roe.ac.uk/vc/actpublic/observing/skyatnight.html

            Here they talk of Upsilon Librae:
            http://msowww.anu.edu.au/info/adopt/adopt-li.php

            http://www.aaa.org/aaawhatsup.htm

            EST:
            March 3 Jupiter is 3° north of mag. 5 star ν Nu Librae.
            March 4 Jupiter is stationary, beginning retrograde motion
            (west-to-east), in preparation for its May 4 opposition..
            March 8 Jupiter is 5° north of ν Nu Librae. See March 3. How can
            Jupiter pass the same star twice in such a short period of time?
            Because Jupiter reversed direction on March 4.
            MARCH 14 Full Moon at 6:35 PM. Penumbral lunar eclipse.
            March 20 Spring Equinox at 1:26 PM.
            March 24 Mercury is stationary.
            March 25 Venus at greatest elongation west (47° from the Sun).
            MARCH 29 New Moon at 5:15 AM. Total solar eclipse.
            Pluto is stationary.
          • Diana K. Rosenberg
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006
              Zuben Hakrabi

                 Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:19:56 -0000
                 From: "oparhi" <eh7706@...>
              Subject: Re: Zuben Hakrabi

              Oparhi wrote:

              >In this link of Wikipedia, you can read of Zuben Hakrabi:
              >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libra
              >Not much on Nu Librae yet,

              Thank you!

              Love, Diana

              Website: http://pw1.netcom.com/~ye-stars/

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006
                Reading that thing in the Wikipedia article about
                Libra about Sigma Librae being misdesignated Gamma
                Scorpii despite being inside Libra got me thinking
                (for some reason) about Serpens, which as we know is
                in two pieces, Serpens Caput (the Serpent's Head) and
                Serpens Cauda (the Serpent's Tail), with Ophiuchus
                between them. (Maybe it's "misdesignation" that got me
                started on this.)

                I've always wondered why Serpens Caput and Serpens
                Cauda were not made separate constellations long ago;
                it seems as logical (if not more so) as chopping up
                Argo into Carina, Vela, Puppis and Pyxis. (I think the
                astronomers did that because they decided Argo was too
                big.)

                Diana, do you have any idea why Serpens is still one
                constellation to the astronomers?

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006
                  Wikipedia has some pretty nice-looking info on constellations and
                  stars, extensive and neatly formatted (caveats: not only does not
                  every object have an entry--although a great many of them do--but
                  the pages are prone to vandalism and I've known errata to go
                  uncorrected for months). But this site, generally speaking, is very
                  useful.

                  Mark A. Holmes

                  --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-