Zuben Hakrabi

  • oparhi
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2006
      Hi,

      Noticed today the following: Later today Jupiter at 18.52 Scorpio
      stations to retrograde motion for four months ahead until July 6th
      when it stations direct again. Some positions at the chart:

      At this stage, there is a powerful position of Pluto, the ruler of
      Scorpio. In the stationary chart made for this location here
      (Oulu,FIN, EET). Pluto in Sagittarius 26.35 squares Mercury in 26.39rx
      in Pisces; at the same time Jupiter in 18.52Srx Scorpio squares
      Neptune in 18.16 Aquarius, and opposes the Moon in 18.28 Taurus.
      Jupiter trines the Sun in Pisces that is in conjunction with Uranus in
      Pisces.

      Jupiter is in rise, upper and set with Zuben Hakrabi, a star of Libra,
      the Scales (Graffias), that resides at the tip of the northern scale.
      So what could that mean, anything on Zuben Hakrabi? Something to do
      with that then, got interested.

      OP
      _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4, 2006
        --- oparhi <eh7706@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Noticed today the following: Later today Jupiter at
        > 18.52 Scorpio
        > stations to retrograde motion for four months ahead
        > until July 6th
        > when it stations direct again. Some positions at the
        > chart:

        > Jupiter is in rise, upper and set with Zuben
        > Hakrabi, a star of Libra,
        > the Scales (Graffias), that resides at the tip of
        > the northern scale.
        > So what could that mean, anything on Zuben Hakrabi?
        > Something to do
        > with that then, got interested.

        There's some confusion attached to the name
        Zubenalhakrabi and its variants. Diana (Rosenberg)
        gives that name to Sigma Librae, which is around 20
        Scorpio.

        I think you're talking about Nu Librae, which doesn't
        have a proper name. It seems to me that that might
        have something to do with "the scales not balancing."

      • oparhi
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 5, 2006
          Hi,

          I was using Bernadette Brady's Fixed Stars book info about the stars
          of Libra (in her book page 279). I know little about it, that's why I
          was asking. In solar fire anyway Zuben Hakrabi is in starfile by name.
          There it is listed Nu Libra - NGC 20311.

          OP

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 6, 2006
            It seems to me that Jupiter really is the balance for a bit. I mean
            Neptune and Saturn flirt with opposition until SEptember 1, and the T
            Square of Jupiter somewhat shifting back and forth during that time
            gives the impression of a balance tilting back and forth. I'd say
            the scales are looking for balance. with Idealism (Neptune) on one
            end and Tradition (saturn) on the other. Pluto and jupiter can both
            play the judge, and I think that regeneration is certainly a theme.

            just a thought, MissB
            aka Beth

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 6, 2006
              Uh-huh.

              Using my preferred 5 00' orbs for transiting
              oppositions, Saturn in Leo is opposite Neptune in
              Aquarius from next summer to the summer after that.

              I'm going to look at the constellations they're in
              when I can.

              Neptune is almost through with its conjunction to my
              natal Saturn (and it can't end fast enough for me).

              Mark A. Holmes

            • oparhi
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 7, 2006
                Hi,

                In this link of Wikipedia, you can read of Zuben Hakrabi:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libra
                Not much on Nu Librae yet,

                Some more links:
                http://www.roe.ac.uk/vc/actpublic/observing/skyatnight.html

                Here they talk of Upsilon Librae:
                http://msowww.anu.edu.au/info/adopt/adopt-li.php

                http://www.aaa.org/aaawhatsup.htm

                EST:
                March 3 Jupiter is 3° north of mag. 5 star ν Nu Librae.
                March 4 Jupiter is stationary, beginning retrograde motion
                (west-to-east), in preparation for its May 4 opposition..
                March 8 Jupiter is 5° north of ν Nu Librae. See March 3. How can
                Jupiter pass the same star twice in such a short period of time?
                Because Jupiter reversed direction on March 4.
                MARCH 14 Full Moon at 6:35 PM. Penumbral lunar eclipse.
                March 20 Spring Equinox at 1:26 PM.
                March 24 Mercury is stationary.
                March 25 Venus at greatest elongation west (47° from the Sun).
                MARCH 29 New Moon at 5:15 AM. Total solar eclipse.
                Pluto is stationary.
              • Diana K. Rosenberg
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006
                  Zuben Hakrabi

                     Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 13:19:56 -0000
                     From: "oparhi" <eh7706@...>
                  Subject: Re: Zuben Hakrabi

                  Oparhi wrote:

                  >In this link of Wikipedia, you can read of Zuben Hakrabi:
                  >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libra
                  >Not much on Nu Librae yet,

                  Thank you!

                  Love, Diana

                  Website: http://pw1.netcom.com/~ye-stars/

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006
                    Reading that thing in the Wikipedia article about
                    Libra about Sigma Librae being misdesignated Gamma
                    Scorpii despite being inside Libra got me thinking
                    (for some reason) about Serpens, which as we know is
                    in two pieces, Serpens Caput (the Serpent's Head) and
                    Serpens Cauda (the Serpent's Tail), with Ophiuchus
                    between them. (Maybe it's "misdesignation" that got me
                    started on this.)

                    I've always wondered why Serpens Caput and Serpens
                    Cauda were not made separate constellations long ago;
                    it seems as logical (if not more so) as chopping up
                    Argo into Carina, Vela, Puppis and Pyxis. (I think the
                    astronomers did that because they decided Argo was too
                    big.)

                    Diana, do you have any idea why Serpens is still one
                    constellation to the astronomers?

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 8, 2006
                      Wikipedia has some pretty nice-looking info on constellations and
                      stars, extensive and neatly formatted (caveats: not only does not
                      every object have an entry--although a great many of them do--but
                      the pages are prone to vandalism and I've known errata to go
                      uncorrected for months). But this site, generally speaking, is very
                      useful.

                      Mark A. Holmes

                      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-