Re: Fixed star alignments (February 26, 2006)

    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 2 10:05 PM

      > As of noon CST.
      >
      > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today.
      > Orbs are 1 00'.
      >

      > Jupiter
      >
      > Zubenalschemali (Beta Librae)
      >
      > Nu Librae
      >
      > Solitarius (58 Hydrae; in the tail of Hydra, also marks the obsolete
      > constellation Solitarius, the Solitaire, or Solitary Thrush)
      >
      > Chain-Link Nebula (IC 4406 Lupi, also known as the Retina Nebula)
      >

      > Saturn
      >
      > Typographica (Zeta Monocerotis, marking the hindquarters of Monoceros
      > the Unicorn and the obsolete constellation Officina Typographica, the
      > Printing Press)
      >
      > Azmidiske (Xi Puppis)
      >

      > Uranus
      >
      > Scovil's Object (in Cygnus)
      >
      > Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni, also known as the Green Rectangle
      >

      > Neptune
      >
      > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      >
      > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      >
      > Ghost-Ring Nebula (IC 5148/5150 Gruis)
      >

      > Pluto
      >
      > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
      >
      > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      >
      > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      >
      > Galactic Center
      >
      > Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
      >
      > Garden-Sprinkler Nebula (Henize 3-1475 Sagittarii)
      >
      > Silkworm Nebula (CRL 5385 Sagittarii)

      spinning a web (?)

      > *Thackeray's Planetary (IC 1266 Arae)

      Would the work of William Thackeray shed some light on the meaning of
      this object, I wonder?

      > *Terzan 5ad (Terzan 5ad Sagittarii, also known as PSR J1748-2446ad, in
      > the globular cluster Terzan 5; a "millisecond pulsar" which is the
      > fastest known spinning pulsar at 716 times per second)
      >

      > Ceres
      >
      > *Albireo (Beta Cygni)
      >
      > *Anser (Alpha Vulpeculae)
      >
      > *Beta Hydri
      >
      > *Tarazed (Gamma Aquilae)
      >
      > *Aladfar (Eta Lyrae)

      marks one side of the Harp's frame (where one holds it if one is
      right-handed).

      (Playing someone or something like a harp?)

      > *Antinous (Eta Aquilae, in the obsolete constellation Antinous,
      > marking the head of the boy Antinous that Aquila the Eagle is
      > clutching in his talons)
      >
      > *Sham (Alpha Sagittae)

      There is a drive on in some US states to ban gays from adopting
      children. (Florida and Mississippi have already done it.)

      > Pallas
      >
      > *Kaus Borealis (Lambda Sagittarii)

      "Promoters of idealistic and humane ideas, promoters of mental
      stimuli, enterprise and a sense of justice." (Ebertin)

      "It conveys a sense of strength and flexibility combined and this
      often shows up in the chart of people who can put force behind their
      reasoning, yet be flexible." (Dr. Eric Morse)

      > Juno
      >
      > *Rigil Camelopardalis (7 Camelopardalis, marking one of the feet of
      > Camelopardalis the Giraffe)

      the kick of a giraffe can be deadly

      > *Almaaz (Epsilon Aurigae)
      >
      > *Sadatoni (Zeta Aurigae, also known as Hoedus I; one of the Hoedi, or
      > Kids, along with Hoedus Secundus)
      >
      > *Hoedus Secundus (Eta Aurigae, also known as Hoedus II)

      a storm, mischief (the USA PATRIOT act, the state of emergency in the
      Philippines?)

      > *Nihal (Beta Leporis)

      the abortion issue (like in South Dakota and Mississippi?)

      > *Spirograph Nebula (IC 418 Leporis, also known as the Raspberry Nebula)

      a downward spiral, giving a raspberry (?)

      > Vesta
      >
      > Mirzam (Beta Canis Majoris)
      >
      > Furud (Zeta Canis Majoris)
      >
      > Integral Sign (UGC [or Uppsala] 3697 Camelopardalis)
      >
      > Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis)
      >

      > Chiron
      >
      > *Youe (Psi Capricorni)

      in one of the Goat's front knees (a goat on his knees?)

      (James Frey? Ray Nagin?)

      > Cloverleaf Nebula (IRAS 19477+2401 Vulpeculae)
      >
      > Tarantula Nebula (NGC 2070 Doradus, aka 30 Doradus)
      >
      > *Patchick's Planetary (IRAS 19450+2922 Cygni; west of Phi Cygni to the
      > left of Cygnus the Swan's head; named for its discoverer, amateur
      > astronomer Dana Patchick)

      "pet chick" (condescending to women?)

      > South Node
      >
      > Zaniah (Eta Virginis)
      >
      > Edasich (Iota Draconis)
      >
      > Tureis (Iota Carinae)
      >
      > *Al Dhibah (Zeta Draconis, also known as Nodus I)

      means "the hyenas" in Arabic

      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 8 7:07 PM

        > > As of noon CST.
        > >
        > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago
        [February 26].
        > > Orbs are 1 00'.
        > >

        > > Ceres
        > >
        > > *Albireo (Beta Cygni)

        "beneficence in despair"

        (New Orleans? the Democrats--glimmers of hope? the political crisis
        in the Philippines?)

        > > *Anser (Alpha Vulpeculae)

        putting the fox in charge of the geese?

        (Dubai Ports World? Tom DeLay? King Gyanendra of Nepal? Gloria
        Arroyo? Bush?)

        > > *Beta Hydri

        getting bitten

        > > *Tarazed (Gamma Aquilae)

        on the Eagle's back

        (federal help in rebuilding southeast Louisiana, east Texas and the
        Mississippi Gulf Coast?)

        > > *Aladfar (Eta Lyrae)
        >
        > marks one side of the Harp's frame (where one holds it if one is
        > right-handed).
        >
        > (Playing someone or something like a harp?)

        Tom DeLay has managed to win the Republican primary election in his
        district on Houston's south side. He will go up against Democrat
        Nick Lampson in November in what is expected to be the toughest re-
        election battle he has ever faced.

        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 9 2:49 PM
          Unfortunately, in that town, I'm not certain that is saying much.
          sigh, Beth

          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 9 3:38 PM
            DeLay's district is not a liberal area, and in the
            event Nick Lampson wins, he'll be sticking close to
            the political center if he wants more terms.

            Mark A. Holmes

            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 10 10:32 AM
              I suspect so, but I'll be surprised in that rubber stamp district if
              Delay loses. I rather hope he does, but I would be surprised. Beth