Comet Pojmanski

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      Comet Pojmanski

         Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:16:54 -0000
         From: "Angie Biggerstaff" <suninscorpio2@...>
      Subject: New Comet and Fixed Stars

      Angie sent:

      NEW COMET: A new comet  is emerging in the morning sky. Comet Pojmanski has been brightening since its  discovery in January and can now be found just east of Venus before  sunrise.  The best way to see the comet is through binoculars or a small  telescope: It looks like a fuzzy 5th-magnitude star with a small tail.

      Visit http://Spaceweather.com for sky maps and more  information.

      Ok, about comet Pojmanski orbit and the fixed stars he will cross in his way:

      According to
      http://spaceweather.com/images2006/28feb06/skymap_north.gif
      he is very close to venus and stars dabih and giedi (Beta and delta of capricornius) around february 28. I am counting this conjunction as both RA and declination, in the gif figure is saying algedi, but in Janus I got this is the position most closely to giedi. Another star of similar name Deneb Adige, declination of 45north, will be somewhat close in march.

      Dabih - venus saturn
      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Dabih.html
      giedi - venus mars
      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/GiediPrima.html
      adige - venus mercury
      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/DenebAdige.html

      You can also see the comet crossing the constelation of capricorn (around 4 Aquarius in tropìcal zodiac) in http://www.astronomia.netfirms.com/map_6a1_5sfebr.jpg

      . He is traveling quickly towards north, so when he cross Formahault (decl 29s) he will be 52n, and when he cross Scheat (d: 28n) he will be 54n, very far away I think. The same is valid to Markab. They all be crossed if you are only concern with the projection in the ecliptic.

      You can also see in
      http://www.aerith.net/comet/catalog/2006A1/2006A1.html
      that the comet already come near constelation of sagitarius, then crossed capricorn, and will go his way, but I am not sure about the correct name or lore of this constelations.

      The comet seens really venusian by this conjunctions with fixed stars and venus itself: but there is also the fact that he is growing in light fast, which for me is of the nature of venus:

      "Preliminary predictions indicated that the comet would dutifully brighten as it approached the Sun. At perihelion, the most optimistic forecasts had Comet Pojmanski attaining a magnitude of +6.5 (generally considered the threshold of naked-eye visibility).

      The comet had other plans, however, and has been increasing in brightness at a much faster pace.

       On Feb. 7, Andrew Pearce, observing from Nedlands in Western Australia, caught the comet already shining at magnitude +6.4. "This comet appears to be brightening rapidly," noted Mr. Pearce, adding that a faint tail was also becoming visible.  Twelve days later, the comet had brightened nearly a full magnitude, according to Mr. Pearce, reaching +5.4.  On February 20, Luis Mansilla at the Canopus Observatory in Rosario, Argentina was able to see the comet in 7x50 binoculars despite interference from the Moon and haze near the horizon.  He estimated its brightness at

      +5.3.  "
      (http://www.space.com/spacewatch/060224_night_sky.html)

      According to Ramesay's Astrologia Munda (thanks to Jacky for making this available to everyone) a Lunar eclipse in the 3rd face of Virgo brings deadly diseases. For comets he goes on to write that ~If a comet appears in the Ascendant of any town, Kingdom, City, Family, or in the Ascendant of the Revolution of the World, it signifies destruction of the things signified by the Ascendant and the sign thereof; and if it appear in the sign of the MC at the time of any of these it brings danger to such as are promoted to honour.

      In Capricorn, war amongst Kings and Nobles, many calamities and misfortunes, contempt of Religion, bad winter weather and it also threatens Famine, Pestilence and the like.

      In Aquarius, wars and slaughters, death of some honourable and eminent Prince or Lady ins the Eastern Parts (Ramesay thinks it should be Western), war for a long time, Epidemical diseases, an obscuration of the air, Pestilence, death of both illustrious men as well as the common people.

      There's plenty going on in the world to choose from, (bird flu, Iraq, Sharon are some) perhaps what and where if only we knew where the comet would be on the 14th of March.

      Angie and Yuzuru
      ==============================
      Thank you Angie and Yuzuru!

      I calculated a few positions:

      2/24: 1 Aquarius 02, Lat 1S50
      3/01  5 Aquarius 56, Lat 9N59
      3/06 12 Aquarius 56, Lat 22N09
      3/11 22 Aquarius 00, Lat 33N01
      3/16  2 Pisces 37    Lat 41N22
      3/21 13 Pisces 58    Lat 47N02

      At the Vernal Equinox (3/20/06, 18:25:33) it will be at
      13 Pisces 26, RA 21 38, Dec 35N57, Lat 46N31 - behind
      (east of) the lower wing of Cygnus, the Swan, aligned in
      longitude with Mercury at 14 Pisc 20 rx (and Uranus, 11 Pisc 49)

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://pw1.netcom.com/~ye-stars/

    • Angie Biggerstaff

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2006
          It's passing through my 10th house. Let me see what's
          going on there.

          Mark A. Holmes

          --- Angie Biggerstaff <suninscorpio2@...>