Re: Fixed star alignments (February 5, 2006) (amended)

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 18, 2006

      > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"

      > [February 5]

      more of Bush's and Cheney's shamelessness

      make bees buzzing around, sharks circling

      lashing out (dangerously; like a bear lashing out with its paw)

      success (Skat) at being destructive (North America Nebula) and
      contrary (Uranus); progressives (Uranus) are trying to put out this
      fire (Situla).

      Trying to get information out of the secretive (Sualocin), surfacing
      amid scandal (Rotanev, in the Dolphin's blowhole); Democrats dreaming
      of grabbing the brass ring (control of Congress) (Aldhanab).

      Arabic for "the shepherd's dog."

      Helping to keep the sheep in line...

      Not only do we have the Bush regime pressuring congressional
      Republicans not to investigate warrantless spying and other misdeeds,
      but some of the violence inspired by the sacrilegious cartoons about
      Mohammed has been orchestrated (throw in Sargas and Girtab--in the
      Scorpion's tail, controlling the stinger).

      Opposition is uphill (Alpha Mensae) but peaceful protests exist (Aculeus)

      far-reaching creative energy

      burping or gulping as if one wants to vomit (revulsion? venting?)

      "Gives eminence in art, but also liability to accidents involving the
      feet." (Robson)

      Like sticking it in one's mouth, or stepping in crap (the cartoons
      insulting Mohammed).

      .

      need to pay attention, mistakes, stumbling blocks, self-wounding

      in high gear

      mistrust, melancholy

      sacrifice, offering something up

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alshat.html

      Arabic for "the sheep" (a sacrificial victim).

      (Jill Carroll? The sheeplike way many in the US have been reacting to
      the news of warrantless domestic spying by the Bush regime?)

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Tureis.html

      Variously located in the Ship Argo's gunwale (the upper edge of the
      side of a ship where guns are mounted) or in its stern, marking an
      ornament called an aplustre. Its Latin name means "little shield."

      Having to do with brand names and defense combined?

      (The UN wants us to close the Guant`anamo prison right away. I
      couldn't agree more, but I really don't think Bush will listen.)