Re: Fixed star alignments (February 5, 2006) (amended)

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2006
      Comments interspersed throughout.

      > > additional objects aligned w/Ceres and North Node below
      > >
      > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"
      > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > As of noon CST.
      > > >
      > > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago
      [February 5]
      > > > Orb, yet again, as always, is =< 1 00'.
      > > >

      > > > Jupiter
      > > >
      > > > *Solitarius (58 Hydrae, a star in the tail of Hydra the Sea Monster
      > > > which I think also marks the obsolete constellation Solitarius, the
      > > > Solitaire [a type of bird, also known as Turdus Solitarius, the
      > > > Solitary Thrush])

      Feeling isolated or alienated (Solitarius) with regard to religion
      (Jupiter).

      > > > Saturn
      > > >
      > > > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
      > > >
      > > > Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)
      > > >
      > > > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap980803.html
      > > >
      > > > Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)
      > > >

      > > > Uranus
      > > >
      > > > Skat (Delta Aquarii)
      > > >
      > > > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
      > > >
      > > > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)
      > > >
      > > > http://www.astrocruise.com/ngc7000.htm
      > > >

      > > > Neptune
      > > >
      > > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      > > >
      > > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
      > > >
      > > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      > > >

      > > > Pluto
      > > >
      > > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)
      > > >
      > > > http://www.noao.edu/image_gallery/html/im0379.html
      > > >
      > > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      > > >
      > > > Alpha Mensae
      > > >
      > > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      > > >
      > > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      > > >
      > > > *Galactic Center
      > > >
      > > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar)
      > > >

      > > > Ceres
      > > >
      > > > *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis, marking the heart of Pavo the Peacock)
      > > >
      > > > *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Sulaphat.html
      >
      > "The tortoise."
      >

      > A lot has been made of the fact that Coretta Scott King is lying in
      > state at the Georgia state capitol and that flags in the US are flying
      > at half-staff for her. These were honors her murdered husband Martin
      > Luther King, Jr. never got. (Cor Pavonis)
      >
      > Then again, the kind of civil-rights record George W. Bush (who has
      > been eulogizing Mrs. King) has is well-known.
      >

      > > > *Pereira's Star (Nova Aquilae #2 1999)
      > > >
      > > > (Discovered by Alfredo Pereira of Cabo da Roca, Portugal, an amateur
      > > > nova hunter, near Delta Aquilae, it attained 4th magnitude in
      December
      > > > 1999. I have the following for it: "bad experiences, embittering,
      > > > repudiation, grievances.")

      Some of the speakers at Coretta Scott King's funeral took the
      opportunity to criticize Bush to his face.

      > > *Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae, a planetary nebula east of Mu
      > > Aquilae and north of Delta Aquilae)
      > >
      > > http://www.noao.edu/outreach/aop/observers/n6781.html
      >

      > The protagonist of Stephen King's novel *'salem's Lot*, Ben Mears, had
      > to go into Jerusalem's Lot's own haunted house, the Marsten House, at
      > the age of 9 as part of a little boys' club initiation and bring out
      > something as proof he'd been there. The Marsten House was a hilltop
      > mansion built by a reclusive retired trucking-company executive with
      > mob connections, Hubert Marsten, who'd gone insane and then shot his
      > wife and then hanged himself in the summer of 1939. A friend of his, a
      > vampire named Kurt Barlow, had moved in in 1975 and turned the town
      > into a vampire colony. Anyway, when Ben Mears was 9, in the late
      > 1950s, he'd gone into the abandoned, dilapidated house, picked up a
      > *snowglobe* off a table as a souvenir, and then gone upstairs to the
      > second-floor bedroom where Marsten had been found years before
      > dangling from a rafter...and saw Marsten, dangling from the rafter. He
      > screamed and ran away, still holding the snowglobe, which he brought
      > with him when he returned to Jerusalem's Lot in 1975. After his
      > attempt to stop Barlow's conquest of the town failed, Mears smashed
      > the snowglobe.
      >
      > I don't know what, if anything, that might mean.

      Trying and failing to exorcise inner demons? That's why Ben Mears came
      back to Jerusalem's Lot.

      > > > Pallas
      > > >
      > > > *Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster, an open cluster in the
      sting
      > > > of Scorpius)
      > > >
      > > > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m007.html
      > > >
      > > > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      > > >
      > > > *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
      >
      > Bush just gave his proposed 2007 budget to Congress. It contains
      > cutbacks in social programs (naturally) which will probably be
      > extremely difficult to pass as-is, given that all of the US
      > Representatives and one-third of the US Senators who have to approve
      > this proposal are up for re-election this year.
      >

      > > > Juno
      > > >
      > > > Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)
      > > >
      > > > http://www.waid-observatory.com/ngc1502-2004-12-09.html
      > > >
      > > > *Witch Head Nebula (IC 2118 Eridani)
      > > >
      > > > http://www.astrocruise.com/ic2118.htm

      I believe I've talked about this nebula before concerning parallel and
      different societies or ways of thinking.

      I'm thinking about the cartoon business, how agitators have used the
      anti-Muslim cartoons to stir up trouble (Kemble's Cascade; see how
      this nastiness has sort of grown with time) and how the voices of
      reason, especially among Muslims, are getting ignored.

      > > > Vesta
      > > >
      > > > Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
      > > >
      > > > *Integral Sign (UGC 3697 Camelopardalis)
      > > >
      > > > (a galaxy)

      Having to do with boundaries or bailiwicks (like who may ascend the
      Japanese throne, who should own the Falkland Islands, who should be
      president of Haiti, or whether or not it is permissible to depict
      Mohammed and if so, how)?

      http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/I/Integral_Sign_Galaxy.html

      > > > This is a Wikipedia article about the UGC, or Uppsala General
      > > > Catalogue of Galaxies:
      > > >
      > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsala_General_Catalogue
      > > >
      > > > *Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis)
      > > >
      > > > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960214.html
      > > >
      > > > (I have "gain through being responsible" for this one)
      >

      > I hear it can be tough to be Danish nowadays.
      >

      > > > Chiron
      > > >
      > > > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
      > > >
      > > > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
      > > >
      > > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
      > > >
      > > > Giedi Secunda (Alpha-2 Capricorni)
      > > >
      > > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
      > >

      > > North Node
      > >
      > > Skull Nebula (NGC 246 Ceti, a nebula kind of south or southwest of
      > > Phi-2 Ceti)
      > >
      > > http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/n246.htm

      Having to do with death?

      (Jill Carroll, Coretta Scott King, Ariel Sharon lingering at the lip
      of the grave; a Haitian legal resident of the US who was recently
      arrested after a human head was found in her luggage at the airport.)

      > > > South Node
      > > >
      > > > Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)
      > > >
      > > > Edasich (Iota Draconis)
      > > >
      > > > Tureis (Iota Carinae)
      > > >
      > > > *Lost Galaxy (NGC 4526 Virginis)

      http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr110.Spring2005/Bak.html

      Lost opportunities for civil rights gains?

      > > > Quasar Alpha (3C273 Virginis)

      Maybe more later.

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 18, 2006

        > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"

        > [February 5]

        more of Bush's and Cheney's shamelessness

        make bees buzzing around, sharks circling

        lashing out (dangerously; like a bear lashing out with its paw)

        success (Skat) at being destructive (North America Nebula) and
        contrary (Uranus); progressives (Uranus) are trying to put out this
        fire (Situla).

        Trying to get information out of the secretive (Sualocin), surfacing
        amid scandal (Rotanev, in the Dolphin's blowhole); Democrats dreaming
        of grabbing the brass ring (control of Congress) (Aldhanab).

        Arabic for "the shepherd's dog."

        Helping to keep the sheep in line...

        Not only do we have the Bush regime pressuring congressional
        Republicans not to investigate warrantless spying and other misdeeds,
        but some of the violence inspired by the sacrilegious cartoons about
        Mohammed has been orchestrated (throw in Sargas and Girtab--in the
        Scorpion's tail, controlling the stinger).

        Opposition is uphill (Alpha Mensae) but peaceful protests exist (Aculeus)

        far-reaching creative energy

        burping or gulping as if one wants to vomit (revulsion? venting?)

        "Gives eminence in art, but also liability to accidents involving the
        feet." (Robson)

        Like sticking it in one's mouth, or stepping in crap (the cartoons
        insulting Mohammed).

        .

        need to pay attention, mistakes, stumbling blocks, self-wounding

        in high gear

        mistrust, melancholy

        sacrifice, offering something up

        http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alshat.html

        Arabic for "the sheep" (a sacrificial victim).

        (Jill Carroll? The sheeplike way many in the US have been reacting to
        the news of warrantless domestic spying by the Bush regime?)

        http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Tureis.html

        Variously located in the Ship Argo's gunwale (the upper edge of the
        side of a ship where guns are mounted) or in its stern, marking an
        ornament called an aplustre. Its Latin name means "little shield."

        Having to do with brand names and defense combined?

        (The UN wants us to close the Guant`anamo prison right away. I
        couldn't agree more, but I really don't think Bush will listen.)