Re: Fixed star alignments (February 5, 2006) (amended)

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2006

      > additional objects aligned w/Ceres and North Node below

      > > As of noon CST.
      > >
      > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today.
      > > Orb, yet again, as always, is =< 1 00'.
      > >

      > > Jupiter
      > >
      > > *Solitarius (58 Hydrae, a star in the tail of Hydra the Sea Monster
      > > which I think also marks the obsolete constellation Solitarius, the
      > > Solitaire [a type of bird, also known as Turdus Solitarius, the
      > > Solitary Thrush])
      > >

      > > Saturn
      > >
      > > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
      > >
      > > Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)
      > >
      > > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap980803.html
      > >
      > > Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)
      > >

      > > Uranus
      > >
      > > Skat (Delta Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
      > >
      > > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)
      > >
      > > http://www.astrocruise.com/ngc7000.htm
      > >

      > > Neptune
      > >
      > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
      > >
      > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
      > >
      > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
      > >

      > > Pluto
      > >
      > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)
      > >
      > > http://www.noao.edu/image_gallery/html/im0379.html
      > >
      > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Alpha Mensae
      > >
      > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > *Galactic Center
      > >
      > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar)
      > >

      > > Ceres
      > >
      > > *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis, marking the heart of Pavo the Peacock)
      > >
      > > *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)

      http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Sulaphat.html

      "The tortoise."

      A lot has been made of the fact that Coretta Scott King is lying in
      state at the Georgia state capitol and that flags in the US are flying
      at half-staff for her. These were honors her murdered husband Martin
      Luther King, Jr. never got. (Cor Pavonis)

      Then again, the kind of civil-rights record George W. Bush (who has
      been eulogizing Mrs. King) has is well-known.

      > > *Pereira's Star (Nova Aquilae #2 1999)
      > >
      > > (Discovered by Alfredo Pereira of Cabo da Roca, Portugal, an amateur
      > > nova hunter, near Delta Aquilae, it attained 4th magnitude in December
      > > 1999. I have the following for it: "bad experiences, embittering,
      > > repudiation, grievances.")
      >
      > *Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae, a planetary nebula east of Mu
      > Aquilae and north of Delta Aquilae)
      >
      > http://www.noao.edu/outreach/aop/observers/n6781.html

      The protagonist of Stephen King's novel *'salem's Lot*, Ben Mears, had
      to go into Jerusalem's Lot's own haunted house, the Marsten House, at
      the age of 9 as part of a little boys' club initiation and bring out
      something as proof he'd been there. The Marsten House was a hilltop
      mansion built by a reclusive retired trucking-company executive with
      mob connections, Hubert Marsten, who'd gone insane and then shot his
      wife and then hanged himself in the summer of 1939. A friend of his, a
      vampire named Kurt Barlow, had moved in in 1975 and turned the town
      into a vampire colony. Anyway, when Ben Mears was 9, in the late
      1950s, he'd gone into the abandoned, dilapidated house, picked up a
      *snowglobe* off a table as a souvenir, and then gone upstairs to the
      second-floor bedroom where Marsten had been found years before
      dangling from a rafter...and saw Marsten, dangling from the rafter. He
      screamed and ran away, still holding the snowglobe, which he brought
      with him when he returned to Jerusalem's Lot in 1975. After his
      attempt to stop Barlow's conquest of the town failed, Mears smashed
      the snowglobe.

      I don't know what, if anything, that might mean.

      > > Pallas
      > >
      > > *Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster, an open cluster in the sting
      > > of Scorpius)
      > >
      > > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m007.html
      > >
      > > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      Bush just gave his proposed 2007 budget to Congress. It contains
      cutbacks in social programs (naturally) which will probably be
      extremely difficult to pass as-is, given that all of the US
      Representatives and one-third of the US Senators who have to approve
      this proposal are up for re-election this year.

      > > Juno
      > >
      > > Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)
      > >
      > > http://www.waid-observatory.com/ngc1502-2004-12-09.html
      > >
      > > *Witch Head Nebula (IC 2118 Eridani)
      > >
      > > http://www.astrocruise.com/ic2118.htm
      > >

      > > Vesta
      > >
      > > Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
      > >
      > > *Integral Sign (UGC 3697 Camelopardalis)
      > >
      > > (a galaxy)
      > >
      > > http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/I/Integral_Sign_Galaxy.html
      > >
      > > This is a Wikipedia article about the UGC, or Uppsala General
      > > Catalogue of Galaxies:
      > >
      > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsala_General_Catalogue
      > >
      > > *Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis)
      > >
      > > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960214.html
      > >
      > > (I have "gain through being responsible" for this one)

      I hear it can be tough to be Danish nowadays.

      http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr110.Spring2005/Bak.html

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2006
        Comments interspersed throughout.

        > > additional objects aligned w/Ceres and North Node below
        > >
        > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"
        > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > As of noon CST.
        > > >
        > > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago
        [February 5]
        > > > Orb, yet again, as always, is =< 1 00'.
        > > >

        > > > Jupiter
        > > >
        > > > *Solitarius (58 Hydrae, a star in the tail of Hydra the Sea Monster
        > > > which I think also marks the obsolete constellation Solitarius, the
        > > > Solitaire [a type of bird, also known as Turdus Solitarius, the
        > > > Solitary Thrush])

        Feeling isolated or alienated (Solitarius) with regard to religion
        (Jupiter).

        > > > Saturn
        > > >
        > > > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
        > > >
        > > > Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)
        > > >
        > > > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap980803.html
        > > >
        > > > Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)
        > > >

        > > > Uranus
        > > >
        > > > Skat (Delta Aquarii)
        > > >
        > > > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
        > > >
        > > > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)
        > > >
        > > > http://www.astrocruise.com/ngc7000.htm
        > > >

        > > > Neptune
        > > >
        > > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        > > >
        > > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
        > > >
        > > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        > > >

        > > > Pluto
        > > >
        > > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)
        > > >
        > > > http://www.noao.edu/image_gallery/html/im0379.html
        > > >
        > > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
        > > >
        > > > Alpha Mensae
        > > >
        > > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
        > > >
        > > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        > > >
        > > > *Galactic Center
        > > >
        > > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar)
        > > >

        > > > Ceres
        > > >
        > > > *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis, marking the heart of Pavo the Peacock)
        > > >
        > > > *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)
        >
        > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Sulaphat.html
        >
        > "The tortoise."
        >

        > A lot has been made of the fact that Coretta Scott King is lying in
        > state at the Georgia state capitol and that flags in the US are flying
        > at half-staff for her. These were honors her murdered husband Martin
        > Luther King, Jr. never got. (Cor Pavonis)
        >
        > Then again, the kind of civil-rights record George W. Bush (who has
        > been eulogizing Mrs. King) has is well-known.
        >

        > > > *Pereira's Star (Nova Aquilae #2 1999)
        > > >
        > > > (Discovered by Alfredo Pereira of Cabo da Roca, Portugal, an amateur
        > > > nova hunter, near Delta Aquilae, it attained 4th magnitude in
        December
        > > > 1999. I have the following for it: "bad experiences, embittering,
        > > > repudiation, grievances.")

        Some of the speakers at Coretta Scott King's funeral took the
        opportunity to criticize Bush to his face.

        > > *Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae, a planetary nebula east of Mu
        > > Aquilae and north of Delta Aquilae)
        > >
        > > http://www.noao.edu/outreach/aop/observers/n6781.html
        >

        > The protagonist of Stephen King's novel *'salem's Lot*, Ben Mears, had
        > to go into Jerusalem's Lot's own haunted house, the Marsten House, at
        > the age of 9 as part of a little boys' club initiation and bring out
        > something as proof he'd been there. The Marsten House was a hilltop
        > mansion built by a reclusive retired trucking-company executive with
        > mob connections, Hubert Marsten, who'd gone insane and then shot his
        > wife and then hanged himself in the summer of 1939. A friend of his, a
        > vampire named Kurt Barlow, had moved in in 1975 and turned the town
        > into a vampire colony. Anyway, when Ben Mears was 9, in the late
        > 1950s, he'd gone into the abandoned, dilapidated house, picked up a
        > *snowglobe* off a table as a souvenir, and then gone upstairs to the
        > second-floor bedroom where Marsten had been found years before
        > dangling from a rafter...and saw Marsten, dangling from the rafter. He
        > screamed and ran away, still holding the snowglobe, which he brought
        > with him when he returned to Jerusalem's Lot in 1975. After his
        > attempt to stop Barlow's conquest of the town failed, Mears smashed
        > the snowglobe.
        >
        > I don't know what, if anything, that might mean.

        Trying and failing to exorcise inner demons? That's why Ben Mears came
        back to Jerusalem's Lot.

        > > > Pallas
        > > >
        > > > *Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster, an open cluster in the
        sting
        > > > of Scorpius)
        > > >
        > > > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m007.html
        > > >
        > > > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        > > >
        > > > *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >
        > Bush just gave his proposed 2007 budget to Congress. It contains
        > cutbacks in social programs (naturally) which will probably be
        > extremely difficult to pass as-is, given that all of the US
        > Representatives and one-third of the US Senators who have to approve
        > this proposal are up for re-election this year.
        >

        > > > Juno
        > > >
        > > > Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)
        > > >
        > > > http://www.waid-observatory.com/ngc1502-2004-12-09.html
        > > >
        > > > *Witch Head Nebula (IC 2118 Eridani)
        > > >
        > > > http://www.astrocruise.com/ic2118.htm

        I believe I've talked about this nebula before concerning parallel and
        different societies or ways of thinking.

        I'm thinking about the cartoon business, how agitators have used the
        anti-Muslim cartoons to stir up trouble (Kemble's Cascade; see how
        this nastiness has sort of grown with time) and how the voices of
        reason, especially among Muslims, are getting ignored.

        > > > Vesta
        > > >
        > > > Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
        > > >
        > > > *Integral Sign (UGC 3697 Camelopardalis)
        > > >
        > > > (a galaxy)

        Having to do with boundaries or bailiwicks (like who may ascend the
        Japanese throne, who should own the Falkland Islands, who should be
        president of Haiti, or whether or not it is permissible to depict
        Mohammed and if so, how)?

        http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/I/Integral_Sign_Galaxy.html

        > > > This is a Wikipedia article about the UGC, or Uppsala General
        > > > Catalogue of Galaxies:
        > > >
        > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsala_General_Catalogue
        > > >
        > > > *Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis)
        > > >
        > > > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960214.html
        > > >
        > > > (I have "gain through being responsible" for this one)
        >

        > I hear it can be tough to be Danish nowadays.
        >

        > > > Chiron
        > > >
        > > > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
        > > >
        > > > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
        > > >
        > > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
        > > >
        > > > Giedi Secunda (Alpha-2 Capricorni)
        > > >
        > > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
        > >

        > > North Node
        > >
        > > Skull Nebula (NGC 246 Ceti, a nebula kind of south or southwest of
        > > Phi-2 Ceti)
        > >
        > > http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/n246.htm

        Having to do with death?

        (Jill Carroll, Coretta Scott King, Ariel Sharon lingering at the lip
        of the grave; a Haitian legal resident of the US who was recently
        arrested after a human head was found in her luggage at the airport.)

        > > > South Node
        > > >
        > > > Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)
        > > >
        > > > Edasich (Iota Draconis)
        > > >
        > > > Tureis (Iota Carinae)
        > > >
        > > > *Lost Galaxy (NGC 4526 Virginis)

        http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr110.Spring2005/Bak.html

        Lost opportunities for civil rights gains?

        > > > Quasar Alpha (3C273 Virginis)

        Maybe more later.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 18, 2006

          > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"

          > [February 5]

          more of Bush's and Cheney's shamelessness

          make bees buzzing around, sharks circling

          lashing out (dangerously; like a bear lashing out with its paw)

          success (Skat) at being destructive (North America Nebula) and
          contrary (Uranus); progressives (Uranus) are trying to put out this
          fire (Situla).

          Trying to get information out of the secretive (Sualocin), surfacing
          amid scandal (Rotanev, in the Dolphin's blowhole); Democrats dreaming
          of grabbing the brass ring (control of Congress) (Aldhanab).

          Arabic for "the shepherd's dog."

          Helping to keep the sheep in line...

          Not only do we have the Bush regime pressuring congressional
          Republicans not to investigate warrantless spying and other misdeeds,
          but some of the violence inspired by the sacrilegious cartoons about
          Mohammed has been orchestrated (throw in Sargas and Girtab--in the
          Scorpion's tail, controlling the stinger).

          Opposition is uphill (Alpha Mensae) but peaceful protests exist (Aculeus)

          far-reaching creative energy

          burping or gulping as if one wants to vomit (revulsion? venting?)

          "Gives eminence in art, but also liability to accidents involving the
          feet." (Robson)

          Like sticking it in one's mouth, or stepping in crap (the cartoons
          insulting Mohammed).

          .

          need to pay attention, mistakes, stumbling blocks, self-wounding

          in high gear

          mistrust, melancholy

          sacrifice, offering something up

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alshat.html

          Arabic for "the sheep" (a sacrificial victim).

          (Jill Carroll? The sheeplike way many in the US have been reacting to
          the news of warrantless domestic spying by the Bush regime?)

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Tureis.html

          Variously located in the Ship Argo's gunwale (the upper edge of the
          side of a ship where guns are mounted) or in its stern, marking an
          ornament called an aplustre. Its Latin name means "little shield."

          Having to do with brand names and defense combined?

          (The UN wants us to close the Guant`anamo prison right away. I
          couldn't agree more, but I really don't think Bush will listen.)