Fixed star alignments (February 5, 2006)

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 5, 2006
      As of noon CST.

      Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today.
      Orb, yet again, as always, is =< 1 00'.

      Jupiter

      *Solitarius (58 Hydrae, a star in the tail of Hydra the Sea Monster
      which I think also marks the obsolete constellation Solitarius, the
      Solitaire [a type of bird, also known as Turdus Solitarius, the
      Solitary Thrush])

      Saturn

      Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)

      Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)

      Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)

      Uranus

      Skat (Delta Aquarii)

      Situla (Kappa Aquarii)

      North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

      http://www.astrocruise.com/ngc7000.htm

      Neptune

      Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)

      Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

      Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)

      Pluto

      Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)

      http://www.noao.edu/image_gallery/html/im0379.html

      Sargas (Theta Scorpii)

      Alpha Mensae

      Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)

      Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)

      *Galactic Center

      Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar)

      Ceres

      *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis, marking the heart of Pavo the Peacock)

      *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)

      *Pereira's Star (Nova Aquilae #2 1999)

      (Discovered by Alfredo Pereira of Cabo da Roca, Portugal, an amateur
      nova hunter, near Delta Aquilae, it attained 4th magnitude in December
      1999. I have the following for it: "bad experiences, embittering,
      repudiation, grievances.")

      Pallas

      *Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster, an open cluster in the sting
      of Scorpius)

      http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m007.html

      *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)

      *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

      Juno

      Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)

      http://www.waid-observatory.com/ngc1502-2004-12-09.html

      *Witch Head Nebula (IC 2118 Eridani)

      http://www.astrocruise.com/ic2118.htm

      Vesta

      Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)

      *Integral Sign (UGC 3697 Camelopardalis)

      (a galaxy)

      http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/I/Integral_Sign_Galaxy.html

      This is a Wikipedia article about the UGC, or Uppsala General
      Catalogue of Galaxies:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsala_General_Catalogue

      *Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis)

      (I have "gain through being responsible" for this one)

      Chiron

      Bos (Rho Capricorni)

      Oculus (Pi Capricorni)

      Dabih (Beta Capricorni)

      Giedi Secunda (Alpha-2 Capricorni)

      Alshat (Nu Capricorni)

      South Node

      Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)

      Edasich (Iota Draconis)

      Tureis (Iota Carinae)

      *Lost Galaxy (NGC 4526 Virginis)

      http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr110.Spring2005/Bak.html

      Quasar Alpha (3C273 Virginis)

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2006
        additional objects aligned w/Ceres and North Node below

        > As of noon CST.
        >
        > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today.
        > Orb, yet again, as always, is =< 1 00'.
        >

        > Jupiter
        >
        > *Solitarius (58 Hydrae, a star in the tail of Hydra the Sea Monster
        > which I think also marks the obsolete constellation Solitarius, the
        > Solitaire [a type of bird, also known as Turdus Solitarius, the
        > Solitary Thrush])
        >

        > Saturn
        >
        > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
        >
        > Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)
        >
        > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap980803.html
        >
        > Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)
        >

        > Uranus
        >
        > Skat (Delta Aquarii)
        >
        > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
        >
        > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)
        >
        > http://www.astrocruise.com/ngc7000.htm
        >

        > Neptune
        >
        > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        >
        > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
        >
        > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        >

        > Pluto
        >
        > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)
        >
        > http://www.noao.edu/image_gallery/html/im0379.html
        >
        > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
        >
        > Alpha Mensae
        >
        > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
        >
        > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        >
        > *Galactic Center
        >
        > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar)
        >

        > Ceres
        >
        > *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis, marking the heart of Pavo the Peacock)
        >
        > *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)
        >
        > *Pereira's Star (Nova Aquilae #2 1999)
        >
        > (Discovered by Alfredo Pereira of Cabo da Roca, Portugal, an amateur
        > nova hunter, near Delta Aquilae, it attained 4th magnitude in December
        > 1999. I have the following for it: "bad experiences, embittering,
        > repudiation, grievances.")

        *Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae, a planetary nebula east of Mu
        Aquilae and north of Delta Aquilae)

        http://www.noao.edu/outreach/aop/observers/n6781.html

        > Pallas
        >
        > *Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster, an open cluster in the sting
        > of Scorpius)
        >
        > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m007.html
        >
        > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
        >
        > *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
        >

        > Juno
        >
        > Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)
        >
        > http://www.waid-observatory.com/ngc1502-2004-12-09.html
        >
        > *Witch Head Nebula (IC 2118 Eridani)
        >
        > http://www.astrocruise.com/ic2118.htm
        >

        > Vesta
        >
        > Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
        >
        > *Integral Sign (UGC 3697 Camelopardalis)
        >
        > (a galaxy)
        >
        > http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/I/Integral_Sign_Galaxy.html
        >
        > This is a Wikipedia article about the UGC, or Uppsala General
        > Catalogue of Galaxies:
        >
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsala_General_Catalogue
        >
        > *Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis)
        >
        > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960214.html
        >
        > (I have "gain through being responsible" for this one)
        >

        > Chiron
        >
        > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
        >
        > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
        >
        > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
        >
        > Giedi Secunda (Alpha-2 Capricorni)
        >
        > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)

        North Node

        Skull Nebula (NGC 246 Ceti, a nebula kind of south or southwest of
        Phi-2 Ceti)

        http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/n246.htm

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2006

          > additional objects aligned w/Ceres and North Node below

          > > As of noon CST.
          > >
          > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today.
          > > Orb, yet again, as always, is =< 1 00'.
          > >

          > > Jupiter
          > >
          > > *Solitarius (58 Hydrae, a star in the tail of Hydra the Sea Monster
          > > which I think also marks the obsolete constellation Solitarius, the
          > > Solitaire [a type of bird, also known as Turdus Solitarius, the
          > > Solitary Thrush])
          > >

          > > Saturn
          > >
          > > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
          > >
          > > Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)
          > >
          > > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap980803.html
          > >
          > > Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)
          > >

          > > Uranus
          > >
          > > Skat (Delta Aquarii)
          > >
          > > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
          > >
          > > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)
          > >
          > > http://www.astrocruise.com/ngc7000.htm
          > >

          > > Neptune
          > >
          > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
          > >
          > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
          > >
          > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
          > >

          > > Pluto
          > >
          > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)
          > >
          > > http://www.noao.edu/image_gallery/html/im0379.html
          > >
          > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
          > >
          > > Alpha Mensae
          > >
          > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
          > >
          > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
          > >
          > > *Galactic Center
          > >
          > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar)
          > >

          > > Ceres
          > >
          > > *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis, marking the heart of Pavo the Peacock)
          > >
          > > *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)

          http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Sulaphat.html

          "The tortoise."

          A lot has been made of the fact that Coretta Scott King is lying in
          state at the Georgia state capitol and that flags in the US are flying
          at half-staff for her. These were honors her murdered husband Martin
          Luther King, Jr. never got. (Cor Pavonis)

          Then again, the kind of civil-rights record George W. Bush (who has
          been eulogizing Mrs. King) has is well-known.

          > > *Pereira's Star (Nova Aquilae #2 1999)
          > >
          > > (Discovered by Alfredo Pereira of Cabo da Roca, Portugal, an amateur
          > > nova hunter, near Delta Aquilae, it attained 4th magnitude in December
          > > 1999. I have the following for it: "bad experiences, embittering,
          > > repudiation, grievances.")
          >
          > *Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae, a planetary nebula east of Mu
          > Aquilae and north of Delta Aquilae)
          >
          > http://www.noao.edu/outreach/aop/observers/n6781.html

          The protagonist of Stephen King's novel *'salem's Lot*, Ben Mears, had
          to go into Jerusalem's Lot's own haunted house, the Marsten House, at
          the age of 9 as part of a little boys' club initiation and bring out
          something as proof he'd been there. The Marsten House was a hilltop
          mansion built by a reclusive retired trucking-company executive with
          mob connections, Hubert Marsten, who'd gone insane and then shot his
          wife and then hanged himself in the summer of 1939. A friend of his, a
          vampire named Kurt Barlow, had moved in in 1975 and turned the town
          into a vampire colony. Anyway, when Ben Mears was 9, in the late
          1950s, he'd gone into the abandoned, dilapidated house, picked up a
          *snowglobe* off a table as a souvenir, and then gone upstairs to the
          second-floor bedroom where Marsten had been found years before
          dangling from a rafter...and saw Marsten, dangling from the rafter. He
          screamed and ran away, still holding the snowglobe, which he brought
          with him when he returned to Jerusalem's Lot in 1975. After his
          attempt to stop Barlow's conquest of the town failed, Mears smashed
          the snowglobe.

          I don't know what, if anything, that might mean.

          > > Pallas
          > >
          > > *Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster, an open cluster in the sting
          > > of Scorpius)
          > >
          > > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m007.html
          > >
          > > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
          > >
          > > *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)

          Bush just gave his proposed 2007 budget to Congress. It contains
          cutbacks in social programs (naturally) which will probably be
          extremely difficult to pass as-is, given that all of the US
          Representatives and one-third of the US Senators who have to approve
          this proposal are up for re-election this year.

          > > Juno
          > >
          > > Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)
          > >
          > > http://www.waid-observatory.com/ngc1502-2004-12-09.html
          > >
          > > *Witch Head Nebula (IC 2118 Eridani)
          > >
          > > http://www.astrocruise.com/ic2118.htm
          > >

          > > Vesta
          > >
          > > Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
          > >
          > > *Integral Sign (UGC 3697 Camelopardalis)
          > >
          > > (a galaxy)
          > >
          > > http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/I/Integral_Sign_Galaxy.html
          > >
          > > This is a Wikipedia article about the UGC, or Uppsala General
          > > Catalogue of Galaxies:
          > >
          > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsala_General_Catalogue
          > >
          > > *Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis)
          > >
          > > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960214.html
          > >
          > > (I have "gain through being responsible" for this one)

          I hear it can be tough to be Danish nowadays.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 11, 2006
            Comments interspersed throughout.

            > > additional objects aligned w/Ceres and North Node below
            > >
            > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"
            > > <mahtezcatpoc@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > As of noon CST.
            > > >
            > > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago
            [February 5]
            > > > Orb, yet again, as always, is =< 1 00'.
            > > >

            > > > Jupiter
            > > >
            > > > *Solitarius (58 Hydrae, a star in the tail of Hydra the Sea Monster
            > > > which I think also marks the obsolete constellation Solitarius, the
            > > > Solitaire [a type of bird, also known as Turdus Solitarius, the
            > > > Solitary Thrush])

            Feeling isolated or alienated (Solitarius) with regard to religion
            (Jupiter).

            > > > Saturn
            > > >
            > > > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
            > > >
            > > > Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)
            > > >
            > > > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap980803.html
            > > >
            > > > Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)
            > > >

            > > > Uranus
            > > >
            > > > Skat (Delta Aquarii)
            > > >
            > > > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
            > > >
            > > > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)
            > > >
            > > > http://www.astrocruise.com/ngc7000.htm
            > > >

            > > > Neptune
            > > >
            > > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
            > > >
            > > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
            > > >
            > > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
            > > >

            > > > Pluto
            > > >
            > > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Cluster)
            > > >
            > > > http://www.noao.edu/image_gallery/html/im0379.html
            > > >
            > > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
            > > >
            > > > Alpha Mensae
            > > >
            > > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
            > > >
            > > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
            > > >
            > > > *Galactic Center
            > > >
            > > > Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a pulsar)
            > > >

            > > > Ceres
            > > >
            > > > *Cor Pavonis (Sigma Pavonis, marking the heart of Pavo the Peacock)
            > > >
            > > > *Sulaphat (Gamma Lyrae)
            >
            > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Sulaphat.html
            >
            > "The tortoise."
            >

            > A lot has been made of the fact that Coretta Scott King is lying in
            > state at the Georgia state capitol and that flags in the US are flying
            > at half-staff for her. These were honors her murdered husband Martin
            > Luther King, Jr. never got. (Cor Pavonis)
            >
            > Then again, the kind of civil-rights record George W. Bush (who has
            > been eulogizing Mrs. King) has is well-known.
            >

            > > > *Pereira's Star (Nova Aquilae #2 1999)
            > > >
            > > > (Discovered by Alfredo Pereira of Cabo da Roca, Portugal, an amateur
            > > > nova hunter, near Delta Aquilae, it attained 4th magnitude in
            December
            > > > 1999. I have the following for it: "bad experiences, embittering,
            > > > repudiation, grievances.")

            Some of the speakers at Coretta Scott King's funeral took the
            opportunity to criticize Bush to his face.

            > > *Snowglobe Nebula (NGC 6781 Aquilae, a planetary nebula east of Mu
            > > Aquilae and north of Delta Aquilae)
            > >
            > > http://www.noao.edu/outreach/aop/observers/n6781.html
            >

            > The protagonist of Stephen King's novel *'salem's Lot*, Ben Mears, had
            > to go into Jerusalem's Lot's own haunted house, the Marsten House, at
            > the age of 9 as part of a little boys' club initiation and bring out
            > something as proof he'd been there. The Marsten House was a hilltop
            > mansion built by a reclusive retired trucking-company executive with
            > mob connections, Hubert Marsten, who'd gone insane and then shot his
            > wife and then hanged himself in the summer of 1939. A friend of his, a
            > vampire named Kurt Barlow, had moved in in 1975 and turned the town
            > into a vampire colony. Anyway, when Ben Mears was 9, in the late
            > 1950s, he'd gone into the abandoned, dilapidated house, picked up a
            > *snowglobe* off a table as a souvenir, and then gone upstairs to the
            > second-floor bedroom where Marsten had been found years before
            > dangling from a rafter...and saw Marsten, dangling from the rafter. He
            > screamed and ran away, still holding the snowglobe, which he brought
            > with him when he returned to Jerusalem's Lot in 1975. After his
            > attempt to stop Barlow's conquest of the town failed, Mears smashed
            > the snowglobe.
            >
            > I don't know what, if anything, that might mean.

            Trying and failing to exorcise inner demons? That's why Ben Mears came
            back to Jerusalem's Lot.

            > > > Pallas
            > > >
            > > > *Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster, an open cluster in the
            sting
            > > > of Scorpius)
            > > >
            > > > http://www.seds.org/messier/m/m007.html
            > > >
            > > > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
            > > >
            > > > *Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
            >
            > Bush just gave his proposed 2007 budget to Congress. It contains
            > cutbacks in social programs (naturally) which will probably be
            > extremely difficult to pass as-is, given that all of the US
            > Representatives and one-third of the US Senators who have to approve
            > this proposal are up for re-election this year.
            >

            > > > Juno
            > > >
            > > > Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)
            > > >
            > > > http://www.waid-observatory.com/ngc1502-2004-12-09.html
            > > >
            > > > *Witch Head Nebula (IC 2118 Eridani)
            > > >
            > > > http://www.astrocruise.com/ic2118.htm

            I believe I've talked about this nebula before concerning parallel and
            different societies or ways of thinking.

            I'm thinking about the cartoon business, how agitators have used the
            anti-Muslim cartoons to stir up trouble (Kemble's Cascade; see how
            this nastiness has sort of grown with time) and how the voices of
            reason, especially among Muslims, are getting ignored.

            > > > Vesta
            > > >
            > > > Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
            > > >
            > > > *Integral Sign (UGC 3697 Camelopardalis)
            > > >
            > > > (a galaxy)

            Having to do with boundaries or bailiwicks (like who may ascend the
            Japanese throne, who should own the Falkland Islands, who should be
            president of Haiti, or whether or not it is permissible to depict
            Mohammed and if so, how)?

            http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/I/Integral_Sign_Galaxy.html

            > > > This is a Wikipedia article about the UGC, or Uppsala General
            > > > Catalogue of Galaxies:
            > > >
            > > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsala_General_Catalogue
            > > >
            > > > *Rosette Nebula (NGC 2237 Monocerotis)
            > > >
            > > > http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap960214.html
            > > >
            > > > (I have "gain through being responsible" for this one)
            >

            > I hear it can be tough to be Danish nowadays.
            >

            > > > Chiron
            > > >
            > > > Bos (Rho Capricorni)
            > > >
            > > > Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
            > > >
            > > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
            > > >
            > > > Giedi Secunda (Alpha-2 Capricorni)
            > > >
            > > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
            > >

            > > North Node
            > >
            > > Skull Nebula (NGC 246 Ceti, a nebula kind of south or southwest of
            > > Phi-2 Ceti)
            > >
            > > http://www.kopernik.org/images/archive/n246.htm

            Having to do with death?

            (Jill Carroll, Coretta Scott King, Ariel Sharon lingering at the lip
            of the grave; a Haitian legal resident of the US who was recently
            arrested after a human head was found in her luggage at the airport.)

            > > > South Node
            > > >
            > > > Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)
            > > >
            > > > Edasich (Iota Draconis)
            > > >
            > > > Tureis (Iota Carinae)
            > > >
            > > > *Lost Galaxy (NGC 4526 Virginis)

            http://www.calvin.edu/academic/phys/observatory/images/Astr110.Spring2005/Bak.html

            Lost opportunities for civil rights gains?

            > > > Quasar Alpha (3C273 Virginis)

            Maybe more later.

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 18, 2006

              > > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"

              > [February 5]

              more of Bush's and Cheney's shamelessness

              make bees buzzing around, sharks circling

              lashing out (dangerously; like a bear lashing out with its paw)

              success (Skat) at being destructive (North America Nebula) and
              contrary (Uranus); progressives (Uranus) are trying to put out this
              fire (Situla).

              Trying to get information out of the secretive (Sualocin), surfacing
              amid scandal (Rotanev, in the Dolphin's blowhole); Democrats dreaming
              of grabbing the brass ring (control of Congress) (Aldhanab).

              Arabic for "the shepherd's dog."

              Helping to keep the sheep in line...

              Not only do we have the Bush regime pressuring congressional
              Republicans not to investigate warrantless spying and other misdeeds,
              but some of the violence inspired by the sacrilegious cartoons about
              Mohammed has been orchestrated (throw in Sargas and Girtab--in the
              Scorpion's tail, controlling the stinger).

              Opposition is uphill (Alpha Mensae) but peaceful protests exist (Aculeus)

              far-reaching creative energy

              burping or gulping as if one wants to vomit (revulsion? venting?)

              "Gives eminence in art, but also liability to accidents involving the
              feet." (Robson)

              Like sticking it in one's mouth, or stepping in crap (the cartoons
              insulting Mohammed).

              .

              need to pay attention, mistakes, stumbling blocks, self-wounding

              in high gear

              mistrust, melancholy

              sacrifice, offering something up

              http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alshat.html

              Arabic for "the sheep" (a sacrificial victim).

              (Jill Carroll? The sheeplike way many in the US have been reacting to
              the news of warrantless domestic spying by the Bush regime?)

              http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Tureis.html

              Variously located in the Ship Argo's gunwale (the upper edge of the
              side of a ship where guns are mounted) or in its stern, marking an
              ornament called an aplustre. Its Latin name means "little shield."

              Having to do with brand names and defense combined?

              (The UN wants us to close the Guant`anamo prison right away. I
              couldn't agree more, but I really don't think Bush will listen.)