Are Right Ascension Coordinates Visual-Based As Well as Valid?

  • astynaz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2006
      Hi all,

      I have been getting more fascinated with fixed stars since checking
      out fixed stars on Kepler 7. I have been wondering about right
      ascension fixed star coordinates. Are they visual based coordinates?
      Are conjunctions and oppositions involving stars with planets and the
      angles valid. Could they be as important as parans and alignments.

      According to Kepler program:

      Note that if two planet are conjunct in right ascension, then they
      culminate together and they anti-culminate together. Another term
      for "culminate" is "conjunct the MC in right ascension". Another
      term for "anti-culminate" is "opposition the MC in right ascension".
      In the listing above, two celestial objects that are conjunct in
      right ascension will culminate and anti-culminate together. If the
      two celestial objects are listed as opposition in right ascension,
      then as one celestial object culminates, the other anti-culminates
      and vice versa.

      Some of the RA conjunctions and oppositions that I have are Mercury
      oppose Menkar which I feel might figure into my Dyslexia as well as my
      need to raise awareness of others with learning disabilities and their
      being misdiagnosed as bipolar or schizophrenic. I read that Mercury in
      paran with Menkar has to do with speaking for the collective. My Sun
      is conjunct Arcturus which I read has to do with needing to create a
      better way of life or a new way of doing something. My Moon is
      conjunct Sadalachbia which is a star associated with luck of hidden
      things and people,and I wonder if that could be associated with
      fortune in occult and Astrology. My Sun is oppose Capulus,and I read
      that has to do with intense male passion. Interestingly,my Mercury is
      oppose Tertia-Gorgonia,and I wonder if that can be communicating with
      passion which can lead to losing my head. I have Mercury conj
      Nekkar(head of Bootes)which can be about thinking of a new way of
      life. My Mercury is conjunct Brachium(a star in Libra),and I wonder if
      it has to do with justice and social reform.

      I appreciate any insights. I am looking forward to really focusing on
      the stars in Astrology. I also wonder if projecting stars onto the
      eclptic is a valid method.

      Raymond
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 28, 2006
        --- astynaz <astynaz@...> wrote:

        > My Moon is
        > conjunct Sadalachbia

        Gamma Aquarii

        which is a star associated with
        > luck of hidden
        > things and people,

        Okay. I'm seeing it in connection with homelessness
        (the long alignment, as opposed to true conjunction,
        with Uranus after Hurricane Katrina)

        "Whoever you are...I have always depended on the
        kindness of strangers."--Blanche DuBois in Tennessee
        Williams' *A Streetcar Named Desire*.

        Strangers = people you don't know, people who are
        "hidden," so to speak, from your knowledge.

        and I wonder if that could be
        > associated with
        > fortune in occult and Astrology.

        Hmmm.

        My Sun is oppose
        > Capulus,and I read
        > that has to do with intense male passion.
        > Interestingly,my Mercury is
        > oppose Tertia-Gorgonia,

        I think that might be Rho Persei.

        and I wonder if that can be
        > communicating with
        > passion which can lead to losing my head. I have
        > Mercury conj
        > Nekkar(head of Bootes)

        aka Beta Bootis

        which can be about thinking of
        > a new way of
        > life. My Mercury is conjunct Brachium(a star in
        > Libra),

        Sigma Librae, also known as Zubenalgubi

        and I wonder if
        > it has to do with justice and social reform.

        If you see it as that...

      • astynaz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 29, 2006
          Hi Mark,

          Thanks for responding

          The reason why I think Sadalachbia can be related to luck in occult
          and Astrology is because of the name of the star. Bernadette Brady
          said that Sadalmelik and Sadalsuud has to do with luck for it has luck
          as the root meaning of their names. It seems logical that Sadalachbia
          with its name's root meaning luck seems to relate to luck too. Because
          it means luck of hidden things/places, I thought that it could relate
          to the occult which means hidden. Astrology can be occult too,and so
          Sadalachbia could relate to Astrology. Sadalachbia is a star in
          constellation Aquarius,and so that could be why it could relate to
          Astrology too. I feel that with the star being in Aquarius, it can be
          a star of humanitarianism. It can be about things that can invoke a
          humanitarian spirit like homeless people or people who have special
          needs like learning disabilities,autism, and I can definitely
          personally relate to learning disabilities. I was a client of
          Transitional Living Community Support which helps the homeless
          mentally ill. I was living in their transitional housing for a
          year,and so I was living the the homeless mentally ill. Brady talked
          about the meanings of symbolism of the Water Carrier as bringer of
          life-giving water and/or rain. I feel that Moon conj Sadalachbia could
          indicate my potential for humanitarianism and Astrology. I have Moon
          in alignment with Fomalhaut(success or challenged when it comes to
          idealism,mystical)and Sadalmelik(means lucky one of the king).
          Sadalmelik is also in a culminating paran with the Moon. My Moon is in
          an alignment and right ascension aspect with Ancha which is a star in
          Aquarius. Ancha is the hip of the water bearer.

          As for Brachium(aka Zuben Algubi), Bernadette Brady said that the
          stars, Zuben Elgenubi and Zuben Eschamali are stars involved in social
          reform or social justice. It would be logical to think that Zuben
          Algubi being a star of Libra is also associated with social reform or
          social justice too. I do think about that stuff a lot,and I have a
          strong sense of justice. My Mercury is in right ascensions aspects to
          both Menkar(also in culminating paran with Mercury) and Zuben Algubi
          could be my concern for social reform in regards to learning
          disabilities and how they can be misdiagnosed as mental illness. My
          Mercury in alignment with Zuben Elschamali can indicate my interest in
          social reform and social justice too which can involve personal
          satisfaction and vindication. Brady said that Zuben Elschamali is
          social reform that has connection to personal gain. Well..if help
          people with learning disabilities be understood, then I get my
          learning disabilities understood too. That makes sense.