Facies/Ain al Rami

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2006
      Facies/Ain al Rami

      Mark sent:

      > > Ceres
      > >
      > > *Facies (M-22 Sagittarii)
      >
      > From the Brady star file in SF5:
      >
      > "All nebulas are traditionally linked to the eyes and blindness,
      > primarily because a test of good eyesight in the Roman army was to be
      > able to see that a star was not one but a cluster. This nebula is the
      > eye of the most feared of all warriors - the archer. Facies is a
      > difficult star, being either the perpetrator of violence or the
      > victim. Whatever Facies touches will be influenced by ruthlessness
      > and/or aggression."

      Facies (M22), 8 Cap 26, though important (and it's on the ecliptic)
      is not the Archer's eye - it is in front of his face (I think of it
      as a lens, or a sort of cloud affecting the Archer's aim).

      The eye (Ain al Rami), 12 Cap 33, also on the ecliptic, is made up of
      two doubles, Nu1 and Nu2, just 5' apart; see Allen p 359; according
      to Ptolemy's Almagest Star List, #8 of the Archer is "the nebulous
      and double-star at the eye"

      Both have a moderately high score of blindness or eye problems.

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://pw1.netcom.com/~ye-stars/

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2006
        Blindfold or things hidden from view perhaps? since it is IN FRONT of
        the face? Beth

        --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2006
          Thanks, Diana.

          Mark A. Holmes

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2006
            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@y...>
            wrote:

            > Blindfold or things hidden from view perhaps? since it is IN FRONT
            of
            > the face? Beth

            Seeing a target to the exclusion of all else, maybe? Like an archer
            or sniper "in the zone"?

            Mark A. Holmes

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2006
              and not beyond to the consequences perhaps? MissB

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 11, 2006
                --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

                > and not beyond to the consequences perhaps? MissB

                Maybe.