Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Cancer Full Moon

  • Trishmare7@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
      In a message dated 1/3/2006 1:24:03 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, mahtezcatpoc@... writes:
      This Full Moon in Cancer you refer to is on the 14th of this month, I
      take it.
      Yep, that's the one. The Full Moon occurs a day after Friday the 13th.

      Trish Marie
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
        LOL, I was born on Friday the 13th at 6:07 pm (6+7=13) I've never found
        the number or the day to be particularly unhelpful. Of course I have a
        friend Joe who's out-done me on this one, HE was born on friday the
        13th in the middle of a flash flood in a row boat, I mean, that's
        entering the world with some flash and pizzazz!

        MIssB

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2006
          --- msbhavens1 <msbhavens1@...> wrote:

          > LOL, I was born on Friday the 13th at 6:07 pm
          > (6+7=13) I've never found
          > the number or the day to be particularly unhelpful.
          > Of course I have a
          > friend Joe who's out-done me on this one, HE was
          > born on friday the
          > 13th in the middle of a flash flood in a row boat, I
          > mean, that's
          > entering the world with some flash and pizzazz!
          >
          > MIssB

          NASA engineers working in the manned space program
          will likely swear up and down that they're void of
          superstition and other irrationalities (like
          triskadekaphobia). But I remember it being a big deal
          a few years when weather conditions off Florida's east
          coast raised the possibility that a shuttle flight
          from Cape Canaveral (not way long before Columbia's
          last flight) might get launched on a Friday the 13th.
          Because, according to this report, ever since the
          infamous Apollo 13, the US manned space program had
          quietly but studiously avoided launching payloads on
          the 13th day of the month or numbering a mission 13.
          But this time, the media noticed and NASA was on the
          spot. Fortunately, as it turned out there was no need
          for them to prove their hard-headed rationality before
          the world by launching the shuttle on Friday the 13th.
          The weather gods let them launch on another date.

          :)

          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
            =) Nasa geeks are as superstitous as the rest, it was my 9th birthday
            that Apollo 13 launched on. It was my daughters 3rd Birthday that
            Challenger Blew up on, and the day before, the 27 of January is when
            Apollo1 burned on the launch pad, Challenger burned up in re-entry
            into the atmosphere on February 1, lets see January 27, 28 and
            February 1.... me thinks that 13 is not the problem. you might want
            to check the sky for the sun against some malefic star last of
            January, begining of February, cause that time period seems to be
            deadly for astronaughts. ;-) I looked it up once, but dont recall
            what I found, I think US only has moon in Aqurius? hasn't been every
            year however. Also strictly speaking Apollo 13, wasn't ... they
            skipped 2,3,4,5,and 6 and restarted the program with 7... so strictly
            speaking that would have been apollo 8. =) Also Every one came home
            alive from that incident, unlike those launched in January. Maybe
            Janus doesn't like Astronaughts?

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 4, 2006
              --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@y...>
              wrote:

              > =) Nasa geeks are as superstitous as the rest, it was my 9th
              birthday
              > that Apollo 13 launched on. It was my daughters 3rd Birthday that
              > Challenger Blew up on, and the day before, the 27 of January is when
              > Apollo1 burned on the launch pad, Challenger burned up in re-entry
              > into the atmosphere on February 1, lets see January 27, 28 and
              > February 1.... me thinks that 13 is not the problem. you might want
              > to check the sky for the sun against some malefic star last of
              > January, begining of February, cause that time period seems to be
              > deadly for astronaughts. ;-) I looked it up once, but dont recall
              > what I found, I think US only has moon in Aqurius? hasn't been every
              > year however.

              Off the top of my head, I think Aquila, Cygnus, Sagitta and Vulpecula
              are within the degree range where the Sun would be every year around
              that time (the first half of Aquarius). All of these are predators or
              weapons except Cygnus (the Swan), which like Aquila is a bird capable
              of flight.

              I think Diana and Bernadette would know more about any links between
              space flight disasters and fixed star events, but it seems to me that
              these accidents involving the US space program would have some tie to
              the NASA and/or US national chart. There have been two other fatal
              space flight accidents, both involving Soviet Russian spacecraft and
              neither occurring in the wintertime. Soyuz 1 fell to the ground when
              its parachute failed on April 23, 1967, killing cosmonaut Vladimir
              Komarov, and Soyuz 11 came back down to earth on June 30, 1971 with
              its occupants Vladislav Volkov, Georgi Dobrovolski and Viktor Patsayev
              dead because the air had leaked out of the spacecraft.

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyuz_1

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soyuz_11