Re: Fixed star alignments (December 25, 2005)

    Message 1 of 60 , Jan 1, 2006
      <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

      > > As of noon CST.
      > >
      > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there one week ago
      > [December 25]
      > > (orb 1 00' or less).
      > >

      > > Jupiter
      > >
      > > Acrux (Alpha Crucis)
      > >
      > > Mimosa (Beta Crucis)
      > >
      > > *Alphecca (Alpha Coronae Borealis)
      >
      > From the Brady star file in SolarFire 5:
      >
      > "A women's crown or a wedding garland. It is the crown of the
      > celebration of life and fruitfulness rather than the male crown of
      > victory and power. The joy of union and/or quiet achievement. The
      > potential of fruitfulness and of being fertile."

      Preoccupation with reproductive rights as the Samuel Alito
      confirmation hearings come up?

      > > *Menkent (Theta Centauri)
      > >
      > > *Jewel Box Cluster (Kappa/NGC 4755 Crucis)
      > >

      > > Saturn
      > >
      > > Giansar (Lambda Draconis)
      > >

      > > Uranus
      > >
      > > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
      > >
      > > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni, a diffuse nebula around 56 Cygni, west
      > > of Deneb, or Deneb Adige as we astrologers call it [aka Alpha Cygni])
      > >

      > > Neptune
      > >
      > > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
      > >
      > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
      > >
      > > Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni, northwest of Delta Cygni)
      > >
      > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      > >

      > > Pluto
      > >
      > > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Alpha Mensae
      > >
      > > Beta Arae
      > >
      > > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      > >
      > > *Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      > >

      > > Ceres
      > >
      > > *Alpha Telescopii (in Telescopium the Telescope)
      >

      > "Telescopium...It is said to give a keen mind, prophetic abilities,
      > and interest in philosophical, occult or historical subjects."
      >
      > Well, with the New Year almost here, there's been some looking back at
      > the year that was and attempts to divine what will be of interest in
      2006.

      > > *Kaus Australis (Epsilon Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > *Kaus Borealis (Lambda Sagittarii)
      >
      > "This star gives its natives idealism, a sense of justice, human
      > ideas, high enterprise, success, notoriety, disgraceful actions,
      > boldness, forced changes." (Joseph Rigor, *The Power of Fixed Stars*,
      > p. 184)
      >

      > > *DQ Herculis (a nova which reached first magnitude in 1934)
      > >
      > > *Omega Nebula (M-17 Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > (I have "termination or release" for this one)
      > >

      > > Pallas
      > >
      > > *Rastaban (Beta Draconis)
      >
      > "It gives loss of property, violence, criminal inclinations and
      > accidents." (Robson)
      >
      > "This star gives wealth, honors, prominence, high preferment, losses,
      > turbulence, dishonor." (Joseph Rigor, *The Power of Fixed Stars,* p.
      170)

      > The current scandal involving the South Korean scientist who, it
      > seems, fabricated much of his research?
      >

      > > *Gamma Normae (in Norma the Carpenter's Square)
      >
      > Norma: "It is said to give honesty, truthfulness, justice and an
      > upright life..." (Robson)

      Tom DeLay's legal problems and the spying controversy continue.

      > > *Ant Nebula (Menzel 3 Normae, a planetary nebula in Norma)

      Trying to step on somebody (whoever spilled the beans about Bush's
      spying to the media)(?)

      > > Juno
      > >
      > > *Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis, a star cluster in
      > > Camelopardalis the Giraffe)
      >
      > I think this is around the Giraffe's chest.
      >

      > > Witch Head Nebula (IC 2118 Eridani)
      >
      > Concern about domestic spying continues, and now there's a flap about
      > cookies put on people's computers when they visit the National
      > Security Agency website.
      >

      > > Vesta
      > >
      > > *Wasat (Delta Geminorum)
      >
      > "It gives violence, malevolence, destructiveness as a first principle,
      > and is connected with chemicals, poisons and gas."(Robson)
      >
      > "The star imparts...violence, destruction, disaster, turbulent
      > actions." (Joseph E. Rigor, *The Power of Fixed Stars*, p. 103)
      >

      > > *Cor Canis Majoris (Pi Canis Majoris, marking Canis Major the Big
      > > Dog's heart)

      Bush has been playing up being the guardian of the country again as
      his justification for spying

      > > Gum Nebula (IC 2177 Monocerotis)
      > >

      > > Chiron
      > >
      > > Altair (Alpha Aquilae)
      > >
      > > Albireo (Beta Cygni)
      > >
      > > Beta Hydri
      > >
      > > Sham (Alpha Sagittae)
      > >
      > > Antinous (Eta Aquilae; marks the obsolete constellation Antinous, a
      > > young man Aquila the Eagle is holding in his talons)
      > >
      > > Tarazed (Gamma Aquilae)
      > >
      > > *Dumbbell Nebula (M-27 Vulpeculae)
      >
      > Coming in for criticism. I can think of two news stories that might
      > fit this alignment. One is the case of Janet Lee, a Pennsylvania
      > college student who was arrested for drug smuggling and spent three
      > weeks in jail after airport screeners found condoms filled with flour
      > in her luggage (her and her friends' idea of a joke). The charges were
      > dropped after it was discovered that the white powder in the condoms
      > really was flour, just like she said. Now she's suing.
      >
      > Then there's the case of a 16-year-old boy from Fort Lauderdale who
      > took researching an essay for school to lengths many would find
      > absurd: he journeyed to Iraq, all by himself, without telling his
      > parents. He's a second-generation Iraqi-American who pretty much
      > blended in in his parents' birth country--until he opened his mouth;
      > he doesn't speak any Arabic, just English, and was using an
      > Arabic-English dictionary, and this attracted attention on the street
      > in Baghdad. His first attempt to enter Iraq from Kuwait failed because
      > the Iraqi government closed the borders for security reasons during
      > the parliamentary elections two weeks ago and he found the 15 or so
      > men surrounding him intimidating, then he had to pay an allegedly
      > exorbitant fare to a Kuwaiti taxi driver who threatened to punch him
      > out when he protested being gouged. As dangerous as Iraq is right now,
      > it could have been much, much worse for him.
      >

      > > North Node
      > >
      > > Algenib (Gamma Virginis)
      > >
      > > Erakis (Mu Cephei, aka the Garnet Star)
      > >

      > > South Node
      > >
      > > *Diadem (Alpha Comae Berenices)

      Having to do with quiet sacrifice.

      > > Porrima (aka Caphir; Gamma Virginis)
      > >
      > > Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis)

      Other stuff in the news over the past week:

      The death, in New York, at the age of 83, of Charles Socarides, a
      prominent psychiatrist who continued to cling to the notion that
      homosexuality is a mental disorder and should be corrected long after
      the American Psychiatric Association had abandoned it. Now society is
      following suit, but Socarides' ideas continue to be attractive to
      people who have reactionary/bigoted opinions about gays. (The Dumbbell
      Nebula + Antinous + Diadem [all the gays Socarides tried to "treat"]?)

      A 3-month-old Iraqi baby girl with spina bifida has been flown to the
      US for lifesaving corrective surgery. "Baby Noor"'s condition was
      discovered when American troops from the Georgia National Guard raided
      her family's home near Baghdad. She's reportedly lucky to have lived
      as long as she has. My impression (which may be mistaken) is that this
      case seems to be getting an unusually high level of publicity here in
      the US. (DQ Herculis indicating sudden and unlikely celebrity? The
      Omega Nebula indicating a problem finally getting fixed?)

      The number of Guant`anamo detainees on hunger strike increases
      dramatically. (Diadem?)

      Large and destructive grass fires in some parts of Texas and Oklahoma
      following a drought. No fires in my area, at least not right now, but
      my county is under a burn ban. Cross Plains, Texas, a little town on
      the plains southwest of Fort Worth which is probably best known as
      Robert E. Howard's hometown, lost a bunch of buildings and some people.

      Heavy rains, flooding and mudslides in California, especially in the
      northern part of the state.

      An early summer heatwave in Australia.

      In Egypt, a demonstration by Sudanese refugees outside UN offices in
      Cairo is broken up with violence, leaving more than two dozen dead.
      (Wasat + Cor Canis Majoris + Kelb Alrai?)

      The Russian energy company Gazprom gets into a price dispute with the
      Ukrainians and shuts off gas to the country. It has been said that
      this is a political thing. (Wasat?)

      A Dutch businessman is convicted of war crimes and sentenced to 15
      years for selling Saddam's regime the chemicals it used in poison gas
      attacks in the 1980s. (Wasat?)

      Message 60 of 60 , Feb 4, 2006

        > > As of noon CST.
        > >
        > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today.
        > >

        > > Saturn
        > >
        > > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
        > >
        > > Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)
        > >
        > > Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > The use of destructive power is the user's moral responsibility?

        Like with the gay bar in Massachusetts that got shot up.

        Or maybe just power, like in the recent deadly stadium stampede in
        Manila, where a crowd's eagerness got out of hand.

        > > Uranus
        > >
        > > Skat (Delta Aquarii)
        > >
        > > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
        >
        > Bush's assertion about oil in his State of the Union address (a drop
        > in the bucket?)
        >

        > > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

        The latest Iran crisis?

        > > Neptune
        > >
        > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        > >
        > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

        Something that needs nourishment (like a dolphin needs to surface
        every so often to breathe) (alternative energy)(?)

        > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        > >

        > > Pluto
        > >
        > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
        > >
        > > Alpha Mensae
        > >
        > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
        > >
        > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
        > >
        > > *Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a peculiar deep-space
        > > radiation source discovered by American astronomer Scott Hyman, so
        > > nicknamed from the pattern of its emissions)
        >

        > to come up with something unexpectedly?
        >

        > > Ceres
        > >
        > > *Dheneb (Zeta Aquilae)
        >
        > "It gives ability to command, liberality, success in war and
        > beneficence." (Robson)
        >
        > "Success in martial arts (or sports?)" (Noonan)
        >
        > (The Super Bowl, which Detroit is hosting this year.
        >

        > > *Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis)
        > >
        > > (the brightest star, or lucida, in Octans the Octant, which is the
        > > constellation that contains the south celestial pole)
        >

        > Wanting to get something exactly right (like 2003 UB313's size, and
        > trying to put the controversy over whether it and Pluto are actually
        > planets to rest)? Not to mention the business about James Frey's
        > semifictionalized memoir.
        >

        > > *Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)
        >
        > Sheliak is in the strings of the Harp. The name comes from the
        > Arabic for "tortoise."
        >
        > (Too little, too late, and manipulative and self-serving rather than
        > sincere?)
        >

        > > *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)

        Married to nurturance (that is, married to the movement[s], e.g.,
        Coretta Scott King, Betty Friedan); now gone.

        > > *SS433 (an unusual X-ray-emitting binary star in Aquila)
        > >
        > > (I have "made to take a stand" for this one)
        > >

        > > Pallas
        > >
        > > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
        > >
        > > *Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > *Sargas (Theta Scorpii)

        Iran's nuclear program has become the focus of controversy this week.

        > > *Galactic Center

        Some sort of turning point in politics (Pallas?)

        > > *Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

        "the mouse that roared" (the futile attempt to filibuster Alito, the
        rise of the now-deceased Coretta Scott King after the death of her
        husband)(?)

        > > *Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
        > >

        > > Juno
        > >
        > > Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)
        > >

        > > Vesta
        > >
        > > *Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
        >
        > Has to do with eminence in art (this is award season in Hollywood
        > and the Oscar nominations have been announced).
        >

        > > *Mebsuta (Epsilon Geminorum)
        >
        > On the Twin Castor's right leg or the hem of his tunic; the name
        > comes from the Arabic for "the outstretched [paw]."
        >
        > [Claws out?]
        >

        > > *Hubble's Variable Nebula (NGC 2261 Monocerotis; not far from
        > Alzirr
        > > [Xi Geminorum)
        >
        > marking one of the Twin Pollux's feet
        >
        > (kicked around?
        >
        > The cartoon controversy in Europe?)
        >

        > > *R Monocerotis

        Not sure what this means. Yet. R Mon is a variable star. Being aligned
        with Vesta, perhaps some sort of commitment is implied here.

        > > Christmas Tree Cluster (NGC 2264 Monocerotis)

        Alito's confirmation is considered a victory for the right. I guess
        we'll see how he rules in cases that come before the Supreme Court.

        > > Chiron
        > >
        > > *Bos (Rho Capricorni)
        > >
        > > *Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
        >
        > having to do with cleverness and incisiveness?
        >

        > > Giedi Prima (Alpha-1 Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Giedi Secunda (Alpha-2 Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
        >
        > In one of the Goat's horns; its name is from the Arabic for "the
        > sheep."
        >

        > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
        > >

        > > South Node
        > >
        > > Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)
        > >
        > > *Edasich (Iota Draconis)
        >
        > In the Dragon's body; the name comes from the Arabic for "the male
        > hyena."

        Laughing, machismo, scavenging, dirty?