Whale tale

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2005
      Whale tale

      From the Political Astrology list:

         Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:30:21 -0500
         From: Dee Wynne <deewynne@...>
      Subject: a nice story with a happy ending

      Francoise - You will love this one. Just in from a friend on the West Coast.

      Whale Rescue - A Story of Blessing
      > SF Chronicle
      > Thu, Dec 15, 2005

      > If you read the front page story of the SF Chronicle today--Thu, Dec 15,
      > 2005 -- you would have read about a female humpback whale who had become
      > entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines. She was weighted down by
      > 100s of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She had
      > 100s of yards of line (rope) wrapped around her body - her tail, her torso,
      > a line tugging in her mouth.

      > A fisherman spotted her just east of the Farralone Islands (outside the
      > Golden Gate) and radioed an environmental group for help. Within a few hours
      > the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so
      > bad off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her - a very
      > dangerous proposition; One slap of the tail could kill a few rescuers. They
      > worked for hours with curved knives and eventually
      > freed her.
      >
      > When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous
      > circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, and
      > nudged them, pushed them gently around - she thanked
      > them... some say it was the most incredibly beautiful experience of their
      > lives. The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth says her eye was following
      > him the whole time, and he will never be the same.
      ===========
      Mars amd the NNode were transiting Cetus, the Celestial Whale!

      Mars was at Nu Ceti, in his head!!!

      This is definitely going into my book.

      Love, Diana

      Website: http://pw1.netcom.com/~ye-stars/

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2005
        Wow.

        Mark A. Holmes

        --- "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-stars@...>

        __________________________________
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 29, 2005
          If anybody can give us Tropical longitude ranges for
          Nubecula Major (the Large Magellanic Cloud) and
          Nubecula Minor (the Small Magellanic Cloud) since
          1900, I would appreciate it. Vivian Robson has them at
          4 Gemini to 0 Cancer and 15 Aries to 4 Taurus,
          respectively. I'm sure that's changed since he
          published *The Fixed Stars and Constellations in
          Astrology.* Robson doesn't give minute values, either,
          just the degrees.

          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com
        • Heather
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2005
            Diana,

            Thanks for this wonderful news. How amazing!

            Happy New Year everyone,
            Heather

            --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg" <ye-