Re: Fixed star alignments (December 18, 2005)

    Message 1 of 60 , Dec 24 8:59 PM
      <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

      > More addenda below.
      >

      > > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc"
      > > <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > As of noon CST.
      > > >
      > > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago
      > > [December 18].
      > > > (Orb, 1 00' or less.)
      > > >

      > > > Jupiter
      > > >
      > > > *Acrux (Alpha Crucis)
      > >
      > > From the brady.fst file in SolarFire 5:
      > >
      > > "If we draw more on the symbolism of the Cross of Matter in astrology
      > > rather then the obvious Christian symbol, then this star can be linked
      > > to making things practical or giving expression to ideas. Building on
      > > ideas. A person engaged in the physical world, a person who puts the
      > > physical world first."
      > >

      > > > *Mimosa (Beta Crucis)
      > >
      > > If we take Crux as Jesus on the cross, Acrux (Alpha Crucis) would mark
      > > his feet, Gacrux (Gamma Crucis) his head, Mimosa his left hand, Delta
      > > Crucis his right, and I think Epsilon Crucis the spear wound in his
      > side.
      >
      > I believe I said Kappa Crucis before, but that's just to the right of
      > Mimosa (off to the left of the cross). It's been a very long time
      > since I've been in any Christian church, but I seem to remember that
      > when Jesus is shown with the sword wound, it's in his right side, and
      > that St. Dismas, the so-called Good Thief who was one of two criminals
      > crucified along with Jesus, is usually shown crucified on his right.
      > The other one, traditionally called Gestas, who in the Book of Luke in
      > the New Testament, taunted Jesus, asking him why he didn't come down
      > off the cross and save himself if he was the Christ; I think he's
      > usually shown as crucified on Jesus' left (traditional bias against
      > that direction).

      There's quite a bit of controversy about Christ getting taken out of
      Christmas, what with sometimes ugly artistic protests against Santa
      Claus in the US and UK, some churches here in the US closing on
      Christmas morning, and Fundies hectoring people to say Merry Christmas
      rather than Happy Holidays.

      > Funny that Kappa Crucis, a star cluster known as the Jewel Box, would
      > be located in Crux in the direction where the thief who didn't get
      > "saved" would be. :)

      > > > Saturn
      > > >
      > > > Giansar (Lambda Draconis)
      > > >

      > > > Uranus
      > > >
      > > > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
      > > >
      > > > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
      > > >
      > > > Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)
      > > >

      > > > Neptune
      > > >
      > > > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
      > > >
      > > > *Rotanev (Beta Delphini)
      > >
      > > I think Sualocin (Alpha Delphini) marks Delphinus the Dolphin's
      > > blowhole, and Rotanev his heart (further back on his body, anyway).
      > >

      > > > Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
      > > >
      > > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      > > >

      > > > Pluto
      > > >
      > > > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
      > > >
      > > > Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      > > >
      > > > Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      > > >
      > > > Beta Arae
      > > >
      > > > *Alpha Mensae
      > >
      > > "It gives an aspiring, ambitious and proud nature. There will be many
      > > difficulties in the life, but they will eventually be overcome and
      > > [later things] will be peaceful." (Robson)

      Evo Morales, an Aymara Indian and coca farmer whose father was an
      impoverished miner, has apparently been elected Bolivia's president,
      adding to a trend of left-leaning governments in South America. His
      attitude toward the US is more than a little confrontational (telling
      the US where to go seems to be the it thing these days--kind of
      understandable, given what we've got for a president right now).

      > > > Ceres
      > > >
      > > > *Polis (Mu Sagittarii)
      > >
      > > "It gives success, high ambition, martial desires, horsemanship, keen
      > > perception and domination." (Robson)

      Bono and the Gateses (Bill and Melinda) were Time Magazine's Persons
      of the Year this year, for their charitable work.

      > > > *Polaris Australis (Sigma Octantis, the closest thing there is to a
      > > > South Star: a fifth-magnitude star which is the closest
      naked-eye star
      > > > to the South Celestial Pole)
      > >

      > > > Pallas
      > > >
      > > > *Antares (Alpha Scorpii)
      > >
      > > From SF5's Brady fixed star file:
      > >
      > > "One of the Royal Stars of Persia called 'The Watcher of the West.'
      > > Being a Royal Star it can bring great success but the possible cause
      > > of undoing is that the person goes to excess or become obsessive.
      > > Obsession leads to a downfall. However, by keeping a balance between
      > > success with one's goals and the quality of life, the potential
      > > downfall is avoided."
      > >

      > > > *Han (Zeta Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > "It brings trouble and disgrace." (Robson)
      > >

      > > > *Rho Ophiuchi
      > > >

      > > > Juno
      > > >
      > > > *Cursa (Beta Eridani)
      > > >
      > > > *Witch Head Nebula (IC 2118 Eridani, a diffuse nebula near the
      head of
      > > > Eridanus the River)
      > >
      > > Which Cursa marks.
      > >
      > > In Alan Dean Foster's "Spellsinger" series of fantasy novels, there is
      > > a river that is actually two rivers, one flowing parallel to and just
      > > above the other, with fish jumping between the two, and you could
      > > navigate the lower river by sinking one's boat in the upper river;
      > > this phenomenon was created inadvertently by a witch who knocked over
      > > a caldron.
      > >
      > > (Things going on beneath the surface, like Bush's domestic spying?)
      > >

      > > > Vesta
      > > >
      > > > Castor (Alpha Geminorum)
      >
      > From the Brady star file of SF5:
      >
      > "Linked closely to writers, Castor is success or creativity which
      > flows easily without pain and trauma."
      >

      > > > *Muliphein (Gamma Canis Majoris)
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Muliphein.html
      > >
      > > Located in Canis Major's neck, or maybe jaw;
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/CanisMajor.html
      > >
      > > its name means "swearing of an oath."
      > >

      > > > Adhara (Epsilon Canis Majoris)
      > > >
      > > > Eskimo Nebula (NGC 2392 Geminorum, a planetary
      > > > nebula)
      > > >
      > > > *Gum Nebula (IC 2177 Monocerotis, a diffuse nebula just north of the
      > > > border with Canis Major)
      > >
      > > in front of the Great Dog's face
      >
      > and under the Unicorn's forelegs...
      >

      > > > *Intergalactic Wanderer (NGC 2419 Lyncis, a globular cluster in Lynx
      > > > the Lynx, under the Lynx's feet
      > >
      > > And above the Twin Castor's head and Auriga the Charioteer's right
      > > shoulder.
      > >
      > > >near the Gemini and Auriga borders)

      A NASA space probe, Stardust, is coming back to Earth with a cargo of
      comet dust picked up in interplanetary space, and a Japanese space
      probe which landed on asteroid Itokawa and may or may not have some
      soil from Itokawa's surface will be staying in space a while longer.

      > > > Chiron
      > > >
      > > > *Altair (Alpha Aquilae)
      > >
      > > From SF5's Brady fixed star file:
      > >
      > > "The star indicates the strength or courage to go forward in life. To
      > > seize the moment, to act quickly. Its more shadowy side can lead to
      > > aggressive action, to acting without caring or concern."

      > > > Albireo (Beta Cygni)
      > > >
      > > > Sham (Alpha Sagittae)
      > > >
      > > > Antinous (Eta Aquilae, marking the obsolete
      > > > constellation Antinous, a young man the Eagle is
      > > > holding in his talons)

      The news has been full of Elton John's civil union.

      > > > Beta Hydri
      > > >
      > > > Tarazed (Gamma Aquilae)
      > > >

      > > > North Node
      > > >
      > > > *Algenib (Gamma Pegasi)
      > >
      > > "It gives notoriety, dishonor, violence, misfortune, and denotes the
      > > naked and poor professional beggar."(Robson)
      > >

      > > > *Erakis (Mu Cephei, aka The Garnet Star)
      > >
      > > Near Cepheus the King's his right ear.
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Cepheus.html

      Speaking truth to power (Bush)?

      > > > South Node
      > > >
      > > > *Porrima (aka Caphir) (Gamma Virginis)
      > >
      > > "It gives a courteous, refined and lovable character with prophetic
      > > instincts." (Robson)
      > >

      > > > *Vindemiatrix (Epsilon Virginis)
      > >
      > > "It gives falsity, disgrace, stealing, wanton folly, and often causes
      > > its natives to become widows." (Robson)
      > >

      > > > Gienah Ghurab (Gamma Corvi)

      A lot of these star patterns, I think, can be related to Bush's
      current scandals.

      Message 60 of 60 , Feb 4, 2006

        > > As of noon CST.
        > >
        > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today.
        > >

        > > Saturn
        > >
        > > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
        > >
        > > Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)
        > >
        > > Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > The use of destructive power is the user's moral responsibility?

        Like with the gay bar in Massachusetts that got shot up.

        Or maybe just power, like in the recent deadly stadium stampede in
        Manila, where a crowd's eagerness got out of hand.

        > > Uranus
        > >
        > > Skat (Delta Aquarii)
        > >
        > > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
        >
        > Bush's assertion about oil in his State of the Union address (a drop
        > in the bucket?)
        >

        > > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

        The latest Iran crisis?

        > > Neptune
        > >
        > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        > >
        > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

        Something that needs nourishment (like a dolphin needs to surface
        every so often to breathe) (alternative energy)(?)

        > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        > >

        > > Pluto
        > >
        > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
        > >
        > > Alpha Mensae
        > >
        > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
        > >
        > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
        > >
        > > *Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a peculiar deep-space
        > > radiation source discovered by American astronomer Scott Hyman, so
        > > nicknamed from the pattern of its emissions)
        >

        > to come up with something unexpectedly?
        >

        > > Ceres
        > >
        > > *Dheneb (Zeta Aquilae)
        >
        > "It gives ability to command, liberality, success in war and
        > beneficence." (Robson)
        >
        > "Success in martial arts (or sports?)" (Noonan)
        >
        > (The Super Bowl, which Detroit is hosting this year.
        >

        > > *Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis)
        > >
        > > (the brightest star, or lucida, in Octans the Octant, which is the
        > > constellation that contains the south celestial pole)
        >

        > Wanting to get something exactly right (like 2003 UB313's size, and
        > trying to put the controversy over whether it and Pluto are actually
        > planets to rest)? Not to mention the business about James Frey's
        > semifictionalized memoir.
        >

        > > *Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)
        >
        > Sheliak is in the strings of the Harp. The name comes from the
        > Arabic for "tortoise."
        >
        > (Too little, too late, and manipulative and self-serving rather than
        > sincere?)
        >

        > > *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)

        Married to nurturance (that is, married to the movement[s], e.g.,
        Coretta Scott King, Betty Friedan); now gone.

        > > *SS433 (an unusual X-ray-emitting binary star in Aquila)
        > >
        > > (I have "made to take a stand" for this one)
        > >

        > > Pallas
        > >
        > > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
        > >
        > > *Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > *Sargas (Theta Scorpii)

        Iran's nuclear program has become the focus of controversy this week.

        > > *Galactic Center

        Some sort of turning point in politics (Pallas?)

        > > *Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

        "the mouse that roared" (the futile attempt to filibuster Alito, the
        rise of the now-deceased Coretta Scott King after the death of her
        husband)(?)

        > > *Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
        > >

        > > Juno
        > >
        > > Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)
        > >

        > > Vesta
        > >
        > > *Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
        >
        > Has to do with eminence in art (this is award season in Hollywood
        > and the Oscar nominations have been announced).
        >

        > > *Mebsuta (Epsilon Geminorum)
        >
        > On the Twin Castor's right leg or the hem of his tunic; the name
        > comes from the Arabic for "the outstretched [paw]."
        >
        > [Claws out?]
        >

        > > *Hubble's Variable Nebula (NGC 2261 Monocerotis; not far from
        > Alzirr
        > > [Xi Geminorum)
        >
        > marking one of the Twin Pollux's feet
        >
        > (kicked around?
        >
        > The cartoon controversy in Europe?)
        >

        > > *R Monocerotis

        Not sure what this means. Yet. R Mon is a variable star. Being aligned
        with Vesta, perhaps some sort of commitment is implied here.

        > > Christmas Tree Cluster (NGC 2264 Monocerotis)

        Alito's confirmation is considered a victory for the right. I guess
        we'll see how he rules in cases that come before the Supreme Court.

        > > Chiron
        > >
        > > *Bos (Rho Capricorni)
        > >
        > > *Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
        >
        > having to do with cleverness and incisiveness?
        >

        > > Giedi Prima (Alpha-1 Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Giedi Secunda (Alpha-2 Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
        >
        > In one of the Goat's horns; its name is from the Arabic for "the
        > sheep."
        >

        > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
        > >

        > > South Node
        > >
        > > Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)
        > >
        > > *Edasich (Iota Draconis)
        >
        > In the Dragon's body; the name comes from the Arabic for "the male
        > hyena."

        Laughing, machismo, scavenging, dirty?