Re: Fixed star alignments (November 27, 2005)

    Message 1 of 60 , Dec 5, 2005
      I keep wondering if the hole and the blind eye refer to things that
      are seemingly obvious that we are not seeing? missing info? for
      instance, what is happening with the Bush family investments? their
      relationship to the royal family of Saudi Arabia? What about the
      damage to national forrests since he's come into office and stripped
      away EPA regulations? what seems obvious that we are not seeing
      because there is just so much going on right now? I remember a sci
      fi book I read once, where you think you see the big picture, because
      it goes on about all these things going on in the government. You do
      get hints of the real disasster but in the end, the real tragedy, a
      whole planet wiped out, is missed because the government leads you on
      a merry chase of mess after mess within the country... for instance,
      how much do you hear about afghanistan these days? what is going on
      in Korea? Iraq gets our attention, but is that really where our
      attention should be focussed? are we being purposely lead to watch
      there and not see what else is going on?

      sorry for being so long winded, its been bothering me a bit.

      Beth

      <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

> [...]
      have
      > > > "stressing" for this one)
      >
      > Stressing about gay rights in Malawi (where Anglican bishops have
      > refused to confirm the appointment of a liberal bishop), in Rome
      > (where the Vatican has reacted to the pedophilia scandal by
      > restricting gays in seminaries and in the priesthood), and in
      > Massachusetts (where gay-marriage opponents probably have enough
      > signatures to put on the ballot a constitutional amendment...which
      > will probably be defeated).
      >

      > > > Saturn
      > > >
      > > > Lynx (Alpha Lyncis)
      >
      > On the head of the Lynx.
      >
      > Robson has this for Lynx: "It is said to give stealthiness and
      > cunning, many changes in life, and an adventurous career."
      >
      > Jack Abramoff? Ralph Reed? Conrad Black?
      >

      > > > Giansar (Lambda Draconis)
      >
      > Some wonder just how healthy it is to live in New Orleans right now.
      >
      > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4474284.stm
      >
      > It may not be very healthy to live along the Songhua River, a
      > tributary of the Amur River in northeastern China, right now. An
      > explosion at a petrochemical plant in Jilin on November 13 dumped a
      > load of benzene and other chemicals into the Songhua, contaminating
      > the water supply of millions of people in northeastern China and
      > Russia's Far East.
      >

      > > > Uranus
      > > >
      > > > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
      > > >
      > > > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
      > > >
      > > > Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)
      >

      > New Orleans is still trying to pick itself up off the ground.
      >

      > > > Neptune
      > > >
      > > > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)
      >
      > Lies committed in the name of terrorism, battles over regulation of
      > video games...
      >

      > > > Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)
      >
      > ...a hole in the ranks, planes flying in a missing-man formation, a
      > power vacuum (in Washington)...
      >

      > > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      > > >

      > > > Pluto
      > > >
      > > > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
      > > >
      > > > Beta Arae
      >
      > A professor at the University of Kansas who was to teach a class on
      > intellligent design and other non-scientific cosmologies let his
      > frustration with the Fundies who are trying to force these into
      > public-school science curricula boil over in an e-mail that was made
      > public, resulting in questions about his ability to be fair and the
      > cancellation of the class.
      >

      > > > Little Ghost Nebula (NGC 6339 Ophiuchi)
      >
      > The European Union wants to get to the bottom of allegations that
      the
      > CIA has been abusing its territory and airspace for "rendition" of
      > terrorism suspects.
      >

      > > > Ceres
      > > >

      > > > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Grumium.html
      > >
      > > Located in Draco's jaw, Grumium allegedly marks the Dragon's
      forked
      > > tongue in some representations of the constellation.
      > >
      > > It has been said by some that Bush really has said nothing new

      http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/local/13325275.h
      tm

      > > > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii) (also aligned with Pluto)
      > > >
      > > > *Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      > >
      > > These two stars, located in Scorpius' stinger, are very close
      together
      > > and I think can be read identically (a double dose of the same
      > influence?)
      >
      > Robson has for Lesath: "Gives danger, desperation, immorality and
      > malevolence, and is connected with acid poisons."
      >
      > Could refer to the Iraq War, plus Hugo Chavez has made an
      arrangement
      > through US Representative Bill Delahunt (D-MA) and former
      > Massachusetts congressman Joseph Kennedy II to deliver discounted
      > heating oil to the poor in Massachusetts through Citgo, the
      Venezuelan
      > national oil company. Some say this is an attempt to embarrass Bush
      > and deflect attention from Chavez' alleged support for terrorism.
      >

      > > > *Kelbalrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/KelbAlrai.html
      > >
      > > Located in Ophiuchus' nose,
      >
      > ...shoulder...
      >
      > > its name means "the shepherd's dog."
      >

      > "He flexed his muscles to keep his flock of sheep in line."--Nine
      Inch
      > Nails, "Heresy"
      >
      > (On Iraq, on the use of torture...)
      >

      > > > *Alpha Mensae
      > >
      > > Frustration with the slow pace of rebuilding in New Orleans (and
      in
      > > Pakistan after the earthquake, and the way the AIDS epidemic has
      been
      > > addressed)(?).
      > >

      > > > Beta Arae (also aligned with Pluto)
      >
      > The controversy over intelligent design in science classes in the
      US?

      > > > Pallas
      > > >
      > > > Toliman (aka Bungula, Rigilkent: Alpha Centauri)
      >
      > As Luke Perry once said in his "Beverly Hills 90210" role as Dylan
      > McKay, it's great to have friends. (If you're a politician in
      trouble,
      > say, Tom DeLay. That line, from an episode that first aired in the
      > fall of 1994, was spoken sarcastically.)
      >

      > > > *Alpha Chamaeleontis
      > >
      > > Having to do with aligning one's stand on issues with popular
      opinion,
      > > I suspect (meaning Iraq?)
      >
      > Like with Jack Murtha (I think it would have taken a lot to get him
      > change his position on the Iraq War).
      >

      > > > *The Wall (aka the Great Cluster in Hercules, M-13 Herculis)
      >
      > "All in all, it's all just bricks in the wall."--Pink
      Floyd, "Another
> [...]
      the
      > > sale of liquor stop.
      >
      > The uproar over secret CIA prisons continues in Europe.
      >

      > > > Flaming Star Nebula (IC 405 Aurigae)
      >
      > World AIDS Day; also, Cindy Sheehan is still protesting, and the
      > National Organization for Women announced that its quarterly
      > leadership meeting would be held in El Paso and be followed by a
      rally
      > against the murders of women in Ciudad Juarez and starting at a park
      > south of downtown and ending with a joint rally with Juarez
      activists
      > at a nearby international bridge over the Rio Grande between El Paso
      > and Juarez.
      >
      > The US executed the 1000th person since the death penalty resumed
      in 1977.

      > An Australian man convicted of drug smuggling in Singapore was
      > executed there despite protests from his government.
      >

      > > > Vesta
      > > >
      > > > Pollux (Beta Geminorum)
      >
      > The US is gearing up for the confirmation battle over Samuel Elito
      and
      > for the 2006 congressional elections.
      >

      > > > Gomeisa (Beta Canis Minoris)
      >
      > Those with limited power (like the Democrats in the US) continue to
      do
      > what they can.
      >

      > > > Muscida (Omicron Ursae Majoris)
      > >
      > > A sensitive spot from which one attacks?
      > >

      > > > Wezen (Delta Canis Majoris)
      > >

      > > Having to keep one's feet on the ground when attacking (or asking
      for
      > > something, like a dog)(?)
      > >

      > > > Chiron
      > > >
      > > > Anser (Alpha Vulpeculae)
      >
      > Howard Dean is trying to get the Democrats back into power (as a
      > party) in the US...
      >

      > > > Alpha Indi
      >
      > http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1316869.cms
      >
      > A 15-year-old boy in Nepal has allegedly been meditating without
      > eating or drinking for six months and is attracting pilgrims who
      > believe he is a reincarnated Buddha. Scientists and Nepalese
      > authorities say they intend to probe the fasting claims.
      >

      > > > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)
      >

      > How "on the mark" something is (the partial face transplant that was
      > just announced in France, the scandal over eggs donated to stem-cell
      > research in South Korea)(?)
      >

      > > > North Node
      > > >
      > > > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)
      > > >
      > > > Blue Snowball Nebula (NGC 7662 Andromedae)
      >
      > Issues having to do with important alliances and power (Alderamin),
      > and with attacks, deteriorating situations or coalescing energy (the
      > Blue Snowball Nebula).
      >

      > > > South Node
      > > >
      > > > Alchiba (Alpha Corvi)
      >
      > To peck at?
      >

      > > > *Minkar (Epsilon Corvi)
      > >
      > > Means "nostril" (of the Crow).
      > >
      > > (By which the Crow smells--smells prey?)
      >
      > Or something that stinks.
      >
      > I just read something, possibly from AP, that says Justice
      Department
      > higher-ups who were Republican political appointees overruled their
      > own staff lawyers in approving Tom DeLay's Texas congressional
      > redistricting plan despite misgivings that it violated the 1965
      Voting

      Message 60 of 60 , Feb 4, 2006

        > > As of noon CST.
        > >
        > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today.
        > >

        > > Saturn
        > >
        > > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
        > >
        > > Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)
        > >
        > > Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > The use of destructive power is the user's moral responsibility?

        Like with the gay bar in Massachusetts that got shot up.

        Or maybe just power, like in the recent deadly stadium stampede in
        Manila, where a crowd's eagerness got out of hand.

        > > Uranus
        > >
        > > Skat (Delta Aquarii)
        > >
        > > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
        >
        > Bush's assertion about oil in his State of the Union address (a drop
        > in the bucket?)
        >

        > > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

        The latest Iran crisis?

        > > Neptune
        > >
        > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        > >
        > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

        Something that needs nourishment (like a dolphin needs to surface
        every so often to breathe) (alternative energy)(?)

        > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        > >

        > > Pluto
        > >
        > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
        > >
        > > Alpha Mensae
        > >
        > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
        > >
        > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
        > >
        > > *Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a peculiar deep-space
        > > radiation source discovered by American astronomer Scott Hyman, so
        > > nicknamed from the pattern of its emissions)
        >

        > to come up with something unexpectedly?
        >

        > > Ceres
        > >
        > > *Dheneb (Zeta Aquilae)
        >
        > "It gives ability to command, liberality, success in war and
        > beneficence." (Robson)
        >
        > "Success in martial arts (or sports?)" (Noonan)
        >
        > (The Super Bowl, which Detroit is hosting this year.
        >

        > > *Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis)
        > >
        > > (the brightest star, or lucida, in Octans the Octant, which is the
        > > constellation that contains the south celestial pole)
        >

        > Wanting to get something exactly right (like 2003 UB313's size, and
        > trying to put the controversy over whether it and Pluto are actually
        > planets to rest)? Not to mention the business about James Frey's
        > semifictionalized memoir.
        >

        > > *Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)
        >
        > Sheliak is in the strings of the Harp. The name comes from the
        > Arabic for "tortoise."
        >
        > (Too little, too late, and manipulative and self-serving rather than
        > sincere?)
        >

        > > *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)

        Married to nurturance (that is, married to the movement[s], e.g.,
        Coretta Scott King, Betty Friedan); now gone.

        > > *SS433 (an unusual X-ray-emitting binary star in Aquila)
        > >
        > > (I have "made to take a stand" for this one)
        > >

        > > Pallas
        > >
        > > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
        > >
        > > *Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > *Sargas (Theta Scorpii)

        Iran's nuclear program has become the focus of controversy this week.

        > > *Galactic Center

        Some sort of turning point in politics (Pallas?)

        > > *Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

        "the mouse that roared" (the futile attempt to filibuster Alito, the
        rise of the now-deceased Coretta Scott King after the death of her
        husband)(?)

        > > *Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
        > >

        > > Juno
        > >
        > > Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)
        > >

        > > Vesta
        > >
        > > *Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
        >
        > Has to do with eminence in art (this is award season in Hollywood
        > and the Oscar nominations have been announced).
        >

        > > *Mebsuta (Epsilon Geminorum)
        >
        > On the Twin Castor's right leg or the hem of his tunic; the name
        > comes from the Arabic for "the outstretched [paw]."
        >
        > [Claws out?]
        >

        > > *Hubble's Variable Nebula (NGC 2261 Monocerotis; not far from
        > Alzirr
        > > [Xi Geminorum)
        >
        > marking one of the Twin Pollux's feet
        >
        > (kicked around?
        >
        > The cartoon controversy in Europe?)
        >

        > > *R Monocerotis

        Not sure what this means. Yet. R Mon is a variable star. Being aligned
        with Vesta, perhaps some sort of commitment is implied here.

        > > Christmas Tree Cluster (NGC 2264 Monocerotis)

        Alito's confirmation is considered a victory for the right. I guess
        we'll see how he rules in cases that come before the Supreme Court.

        > > Chiron
        > >
        > > *Bos (Rho Capricorni)
        > >
        > > *Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
        >
        > having to do with cleverness and incisiveness?
        >

        > > Giedi Prima (Alpha-1 Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Giedi Secunda (Alpha-2 Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
        >
        > In one of the Goat's horns; its name is from the Arabic for "the
        > sheep."
        >

        > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
        > >

        > > South Node
        > >
        > > Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)
        > >
        > > *Edasich (Iota Draconis)
        >
        > In the Dragon's body; the name comes from the Arabic for "the male
        > hyena."

        Laughing, machismo, scavenging, dirty?