Re: Fixed star alignments (November 27, 2005)

    Message 1 of 60 , Dec 4, 2005
      <mahtezcatpoc@y...> wrote:

      > > As of noon CST.

      > > Jupiter
      > >
      > > *Khambalia (Lambda Virginis)
      >
      > Charles Rigor says this star relates to public affairs (great
      > popularity, possibly from social outcasts or undesirables).
      >
      > (Osama bin Laden? Bill Clinton?)
      >
      > Also, Khambalia has been said to relate to research, and some people
      > in the US want Religious Right figure Ralph Reed investigated for
      > unethical lobbying activities.
      >

      > > *Centaurus A (NGC 5128 Centauri)
      > >
      > > (a galaxy which is one of the strongest radio sources known; I have
      > > "stressing" for this one)

      Stressing about gay rights in Malawi (where Anglican bishops have
      refused to confirm the appointment of a liberal bishop), in Rome
      (where the Vatican has reacted to the pedophilia scandal by
      restricting gays in seminaries and in the priesthood), and in
      Massachusetts (where gay-marriage opponents probably have enough
      signatures to put on the ballot a constitutional amendment...which
      will probably be defeated).

      > > Saturn
      > >
      > > Lynx (Alpha Lyncis)

      On the head of the Lynx.

      Robson has this for Lynx: "It is said to give stealthiness and
      cunning, many changes in life, and an adventurous career."

      Jack Abramoff? Ralph Reed? Conrad Black?

      > > Giansar (Lambda Draconis)

      Some wonder just how healthy it is to live in New Orleans right now.

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4474284.stm

      It may not be very healthy to live along the Songhua River, a
      tributary of the Amur River in northeastern China, right now. An
      explosion at a petrochemical plant in Jilin on November 13 dumped a
      load of benzene and other chemicals into the Songhua, contaminating
      the water supply of millions of people in northeastern China and
      Russia's Far East.

      > > Uranus
      > >
      > > Biham (Theta Pegasi)
      > >
      > > Sadalachbia (Gamma Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Pelican Nebula (IC 5070 Cygni)

      New Orleans is still trying to pick itself up off the ground.

      > > Neptune
      > >
      > > Alnair (Alpha Gruis)

      Lies committed in the name of terrorism, battles over regulation of
      video games...

      > > Hole-in-a-Cluster (NGC 6811 Cygni)

      ...a hole in the ranks, planes flying in a missing-man formation, a
      power vacuum (in Washington)...

      > > Saturn Nebula (NGC 7009 Aquarii)
      > >

      > > Pluto
      > >
      > > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii)
      > >
      > > Beta Arae

      A professor at the University of Kansas who was to teach a class on
      intellligent design and other non-scientific cosmologies let his
      frustration with the Fundies who are trying to force these into
      public-school science curricula boil over in an e-mail that was made
      public, resulting in questions about his ability to be fair and the
      cancellation of the class.

      > > Little Ghost Nebula (NGC 6339 Ophiuchi)

      The European Union wants to get to the bottom of allegations that the
      CIA has been abusing its territory and airspace for "rendition" of
      terrorism suspects.

      > > Ceres
      > >

      > > *Grumium (Xi Draconis)
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Grumium.html
      >
      > Located in Draco's jaw, Grumium allegedly marks the Dragon's forked
      > tongue in some representations of the constellation.
      >
      > It has been said by some that Bush really has said nothing new about
      Iraq.

      And his credibility on human rights...

      http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/news/local/13325275.htm

      > > Lesath (Upsilon Scorpii) (also aligned with Pluto)
      > >
      > > *Shaula (Lambda Scorpii)
      >
      > These two stars, located in Scorpius' stinger, are very close together
      > and I think can be read identically (a double dose of the same
      influence?)

      Robson has for Lesath: "Gives danger, desperation, immorality and
      malevolence, and is connected with acid poisons."

      Could refer to the Iraq War, plus Hugo Chavez has made an arrangement
      through US Representative Bill Delahunt (D-MA) and former
      Massachusetts congressman Joseph Kennedy II to deliver discounted
      heating oil to the poor in Massachusetts through Citgo, the Venezuelan
      national oil company. Some say this is an attempt to embarrass Bush
      and deflect attention from Chavez' alleged support for terrorism.

      > > *Kelbalrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/KelbAlrai.html
      >
      > Located in Ophiuchus' nose,

      ...shoulder...

      > its name means "the shepherd's dog."

      "He flexed his muscles to keep his flock of sheep in line."--Nine Inch
      Nails, "Heresy"

      (On Iraq, on the use of torture...)

      > > *Alpha Mensae
      >
      > Frustration with the slow pace of rebuilding in New Orleans (and in
      > Pakistan after the earthquake, and the way the AIDS epidemic has been
      > addressed)(?).
      >

      > > Beta Arae (also aligned with Pluto)

      The controversy over intelligent design in science classes in the US?

      > > Pallas
      > >
      > > Toliman (aka Bungula, Rigilkent: Alpha Centauri)

      As Luke Perry once said in his "Beverly Hills 90210" role as Dylan
      McKay, it's great to have friends. (If you're a politician in trouble,
      say, Tom DeLay. That line, from an episode that first aired in the
      fall of 1994, was spoken sarcastically.)

      > > *Alpha Chamaeleontis
      >
      > Having to do with aligning one's stand on issues with popular opinion,
      > I suspect (meaning Iraq?)

      Like with Jack Murtha (I think it would have taken a lot to get him to
      change his position on the Iraq War).

      > > *The Wall (aka the Great Cluster in Hercules, M-13 Herculis)

      "All in all, it's all just bricks in the wall."--Pink Floyd, "Another
      Brick In The Wall, Part 3"

      (The wall that Bush and the Republicans are building)

      > > Juno
      > >
      > > *Nihal (Beta Leporis)
      >
      > In Lepus the Hare's belly.
      >
      > The US Supreme Court is currently hearing arguments in two
      > abortion-related cases; a 37-year-old woman in Georgia now sits in
      > jail charged with having sex with a 15-year-old boy whose child she is
      > carrying and who she married the day before she was arrested; and
      > yesterday, December 1, was World AIDS Day.
      >

      > > *Hoedus II (Eta Aurigae)
      >
      > Storms, mischief; e.g., there's a tropical storm in the Atlantic right
      > now, Tropical Storm Epsilon, even though the hurricane season ended
      > the day before yesterday.
      >
      > In Oakland, neatly dressed black men in white shirts and ties
      > vandalized and set fire to liquor stores, shouting demands that the
      > sale of liquor stop.

      The uproar over secret CIA prisons continues in Europe.

      > > Flaming Star Nebula (IC 405 Aurigae)

      World AIDS Day; also, Cindy Sheehan is still protesting, and the
      National Organization for Women announced that its quarterly
      leadership meeting would be held in El Paso and be followed by a rally
      against the murders of women in Ciudad Juarez and starting at a park
      south of downtown and ending with a joint rally with Juarez activists
      at a nearby international bridge over the Rio Grande between El Paso
      and Juarez.

      The US executed the 1000th person since the death penalty resumed in 1977.

      An Australian man convicted of drug smuggling in Singapore was
      executed there despite protests from his government.

      > > Vesta
      > >
      > > Pollux (Beta Geminorum)

      The US is gearing up for the confirmation battle over Samuel Elito and
      for the 2006 congressional elections.

      > > Gomeisa (Beta Canis Minoris)

      Those with limited power (like the Democrats in the US) continue to do
      what they can.

      > > Muscida (Omicron Ursae Majoris)
      >
      > A sensitive spot from which one attacks?
      >

      > > Wezen (Delta Canis Majoris)
      >

      > Having to keep one's feet on the ground when attacking (or asking for
      > something, like a dog)(?)
      >

      > > Chiron
      > >
      > > Anser (Alpha Vulpeculae)

      Howard Dean is trying to get the Democrats back into power (as a
      party) in the US...

      > > Alpha Indi

      http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1316869.cms

      A 15-year-old boy in Nepal has allegedly been meditating without
      eating or drinking for six months and is attracting pilgrims who
      believe he is a reincarnated Buddha. Scientists and Nepalese
      authorities say they intend to probe the fasting claims.

      > > Bull's Eye Pulsar (SNR G54.1+0.3 Sagittae)

      How "on the mark" something is (the partial face transplant that was
      just announced in France, the scandal over eggs donated to stem-cell
      research in South Korea)(?)

      > > North Node
      > >
      > > Alderamin (Alpha Cephei)
      > >
      > > Blue Snowball Nebula (NGC 7662 Andromedae)

      Issues having to do with important alliances and power (Alderamin),
      and with attacks, deteriorating situations or coalescing energy (the
      Blue Snowball Nebula).

      > > South Node
      > >
      > > Alchiba (Alpha Corvi)

      To peck at?

      > > *Minkar (Epsilon Corvi)
      >
      > Means "nostril" (of the Crow).
      >
      > (By which the Crow smells--smells prey?)

      Or something that stinks.

      I just read something, possibly from AP, that says Justice Department
      higher-ups who were Republican political appointees overruled their
      own staff lawyers in approving Tom DeLay's Texas congressional
      redistricting plan despite misgivings that it violated the 1965 Voting
      Rights Act by not giving adequate minority voting representation--and
      it doesn't, which is what Texas Democrats have been saying all along.

      http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3499822.html

      A GAO report referenced by Yahoo News shows how absurdly easy it could
      have been (and probably was) for the Republicans to steal the 2004
      presidential election in Ohio and some other states.

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20051204/cm_huffpost/011483

      > > *Auva (Delta Virginis)
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Auva.html
      >
      > On Virgo's hip or abdomen; its name comes from the Arabic for "the
      > barker" or "the howler."

      Howls of protest, barks from watchdogs...

      Message 60 of 60 , Feb 4, 2006

        > > As of noon CST.
        > >
        > > Asterisks indicate alignments that weren't there a week ago today.
        > >

        > > Saturn
        > >
        > > Asellus Borealis (Gamma Cancri)
        > >
        > > Praesepe (M-44 Cancri, the Beehive Cluster)
        > >
        > > Sarir (Theta Ursae Majoris)
        >
        > The use of destructive power is the user's moral responsibility?

        Like with the gay bar in Massachusetts that got shot up.

        Or maybe just power, like in the recent deadly stadium stampede in
        Manila, where a crowd's eagerness got out of hand.

        > > Uranus
        > >
        > > Skat (Delta Aquarii)
        > >
        > > Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
        >
        > Bush's assertion about oil in his State of the Union address (a drop
        > in the bucket?)
        >

        > > North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)

        The latest Iran crisis?

        > > Neptune
        > >
        > > Sualocin (Alpha Delphini)
        > >
        > > Rotanev (Beta Delphini)

        Something that needs nourishment (like a dolphin needs to surface
        every so often to breathe) (alternative energy)(?)

        > > Aldhanab (Gamma Gruis)
        > >

        > > Pluto
        > >
        > > Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
        > >
        > > Alpha Mensae
        > >
        > > Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > Sargas (Theta Scorpii)
        > >
        > > Girtab (Kappa Scorpii)
        > >
        > > *Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii, a peculiar deep-space
        > > radiation source discovered by American astronomer Scott Hyman, so
        > > nicknamed from the pattern of its emissions)
        >

        > to come up with something unexpectedly?
        >

        > > Ceres
        > >
        > > *Dheneb (Zeta Aquilae)
        >
        > "It gives ability to command, liberality, success in war and
        > beneficence." (Robson)
        >
        > "Success in martial arts (or sports?)" (Noonan)
        >
        > (The Super Bowl, which Detroit is hosting this year.
        >

        > > *Lucida Octantis (Nu Octantis)
        > >
        > > (the brightest star, or lucida, in Octans the Octant, which is the
        > > constellation that contains the south celestial pole)
        >

        > Wanting to get something exactly right (like 2003 UB313's size, and
        > trying to put the controversy over whether it and Pluto are actually
        > planets to rest)? Not to mention the business about James Frey's
        > semifictionalized memoir.
        >

        > > *Sheliak (Beta Lyrae)
        >
        > Sheliak is in the strings of the Harp. The name comes from the
        > Arabic for "tortoise."
        >
        > (Too little, too late, and manipulative and self-serving rather than
        > sincere?)
        >

        > > *Ring Nebula (M-57 Lyrae)

        Married to nurturance (that is, married to the movement[s], e.g.,
        Coretta Scott King, Betty Friedan); now gone.

        > > *SS433 (an unusual X-ray-emitting binary star in Aquila)
        > >
        > > (I have "made to take a stand" for this one)
        > >

        > > Pallas
        > >
        > > *Aculeus (M-6 Scorpii, the Butterfly Nebula)
        > >
        > > *Kelb Alrai (Beta Ophiuchi)
        > >
        > > *Sargas (Theta Scorpii)

        Iran's nuclear program has become the focus of controversy this week.

        > > *Galactic Center

        Some sort of turning point in politics (Pallas?)

        > > *Mouse Pulsar (G359.23-0.82 Sagittarii)

        "the mouse that roared" (the futile attempt to filibuster Alito, the
        rise of the now-deceased Coretta Scott King after the death of her
        husband)(?)

        > > *Hyman's Burper (GCRT J1745-3009 Scorpii)
        > >

        > > Juno
        > >
        > > Kemble's Cascade (NGC 1502 Camelopardalis)
        > >

        > > Vesta
        > >
        > > *Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
        >
        > Has to do with eminence in art (this is award season in Hollywood
        > and the Oscar nominations have been announced).
        >

        > > *Mebsuta (Epsilon Geminorum)
        >
        > On the Twin Castor's right leg or the hem of his tunic; the name
        > comes from the Arabic for "the outstretched [paw]."
        >
        > [Claws out?]
        >

        > > *Hubble's Variable Nebula (NGC 2261 Monocerotis; not far from
        > Alzirr
        > > [Xi Geminorum)
        >
        > marking one of the Twin Pollux's feet
        >
        > (kicked around?
        >
        > The cartoon controversy in Europe?)
        >

        > > *R Monocerotis

        Not sure what this means. Yet. R Mon is a variable star. Being aligned
        with Vesta, perhaps some sort of commitment is implied here.

        > > Christmas Tree Cluster (NGC 2264 Monocerotis)

        Alito's confirmation is considered a victory for the right. I guess
        we'll see how he rules in cases that come before the Supreme Court.

        > > Chiron
        > >
        > > *Bos (Rho Capricorni)
        > >
        > > *Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
        >
        > having to do with cleverness and incisiveness?
        >

        > > Giedi Prima (Alpha-1 Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Giedi Secunda (Alpha-2 Capricorni)
        > >
        > > Alshat (Nu Capricorni)
        >
        > In one of the Goat's horns; its name is from the Arabic for "the
        > sheep."
        >

        > > Dabih (Beta Capricorni)
        > >

        > > South Node
        > >
        > > Tseen Kee (Phi Velorum)
        > >
        > > *Edasich (Iota Draconis)
        >
        > In the Dragon's body; the name comes from the Arabic for "the male
        > hyena."

        Laughing, machismo, scavenging, dirty?