Re: "outcast star"

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2005
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Diana K. Rosenberg"
      <ye-stars@i...> wrote:
      > > Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:11:29 -0800 (PST)
      > > From: "wyf.of.bathe" <wyf_of_bathe@y...>
      > >Subject: Re: Praecordia
      >
      > Hi Fritzy,
      >
      > Thank you for the feedback, but Philip Sedgwick's position
      > is 6 degrees earlier than mine!
      >
      > J090745.0+24507 means the position is Right Ascension
      > 9:07:45.0, Declination 2:45:07, which translates to
      > 18 LEO 32 Lat: -13 08 (epoch 2000).

      SolarFire 5 is giving me a position of 18 Leo 37 for the year 2000.

      > I don't know what to tell you - I've had differences over
      > positions with Philip before; I used Mark Pottenger's CCRS
      > Horoscope Program to do the calculations.
      >
      > I'm virtually certain my position is correct, because some
      > sources on the story said it is near Theta Hydrae, which is
      > 20 Leo 17.

      I don't have "the outcast star" conjunct anything in my chart. I have
      no major planets between my Jupiter at 16 Aries and my Uranus at 7
      Virgo, just my Ascendant at 13 Taurus. But my secondary progressed
      Moon was around 18 Leo in the fall of 1981 when I was 18 and running
      around mostly with younger teens, most of whom drank and got high
      frequently and many of whom had serious problems at home and were
      goofing off and/or getting in trouble at school. And at age 31, North
      Node was conjunct "the outcast star" by solar arc direction; that's
      when I was hanging out through the mail with a group of young Pagans
      (many of whom had other stuff to deal with besides religious
      prejudice, e.g. racism, disability, overweight), and also when I
      decided to get rid of a bunch of other people who were doing me no good.

      BTW: "outcast" in Greek is "apoblitos."

      http://www.kypros.org/cgi-bin/lexicon

      Why don't we call "the outcast star" Apoblitos? It would be much
      easier to remember and to say than J090745.0+24507.