Hercules

  • Diana K. Rosenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2005
      Mark sent:

      >> > Ceres
      > >
      >> > Rasalgethi (Alpha Herculis)

      >"If afflicted, indicative of an aggressive personality
      >who always displays an unbridled hostility to those he
      >comes in contact with." (Noonan).

      >"Boldness and a drive to gain power..." (Ebertin)

      >(The terrorist bombings in Amman?)

      Here's what Manilius had to say about Hercules:

      Of this constellation is begotten the desertion, craftiness, and
      deceit characteristic of its children, and from it comes the thug who
      terrorizes the heart of the city. If perchance his mind is moved to
      consider a profession, Engonasin will inspire him with enthusiasm for
      risky callings, with danger the price for which he sells his talents:
      he will plant firm feet on a horizontal tightrope; then, as he
      attempts an upward route to heaven (on a sloping tightrope), he will
      repeatedly slide back from footholds newly gained and, suspended in
      mid-air, he will keep a multitude in suspense upon himself

      (By the way, on August 7, 1974, when tightrope artist Phillipe Pettit
      walked a line strung between New York's World Trade Center towers,
      Neptune was aligned with 59 Herculis, and the NNode with 70 Herculis!)

      Before this figure was called Hercules, it was Eidolon, "phantom"

      I have not found many "thugs" under the alpha star, but plenty of
      sneak attacks of all kinds, and the daredevil vibe is a sure bet.

      From the Workbook:

      Ras Algethi Alpha1 Herculis HerculesÂ’ head
      15SA52 37 17 14 25 17 14 3.19 M5 II

      (add 27 minutes - now 16 Sag 19)

      Calm on the surface but inwardly excitable, intense, sensitive; great
      intellectual curiosity, passionate determination. Scholarly, love
      books, ideas, may work with ancient texts. Religion, philosophy of
      primary importance in their lives; become leaders, missionaries,
      determined to reform their fields according to their beliefs and
      learning. Love of music. Eye problems, injuries. Hidden dangers, sneak
      attacks, invasions, FIRES, air crashes, explosions, STORMS, fog,
      shipwrecks.