6607Re: Bear attacks and stars of Ursa Major

    Aug 26, 2013
      --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "mahtezcatpoc" <mahtezcatpoc@...> wrote:

      > There was a spate of apparently unprovoked bear attacks on people in several states around last weekend. I see no stars linked by the old authorities with attacks or injuries by large animals aligned with major planets (including Eris) or the five most commonly used asteroids, unless it's the Moon. Vesta was aligned with Merak (Alpha Ursae Majoris). Maybe fainter stars in Ursa Major or alignments with the Moon? Let me see if I can dig out times for these incidents.
      >

      > Mark A. Holmes

      http://constellationsofwords.com/categories/ANIMALS.html

      Here's one: the attack on 12-year-old Abby Wetherell in Cadillac, Michigan on the evening of Thursday, August 15 at about 9 pm (EDT), according to this article:

      http://abcnews.go.com/US/12-year-girl-thought-goner-bear-attack/story?id=19997134

      Neptune, which is conjunct the Ascendant of the chart (4 15'/1 11' Pisces), is aligned with Fomalhaut (danger of bites from venomous creatures; the bear may have been rabid).

      Ras Algethi is on the Midheaven (the bear attacked boldly and Abby fought back with everything she had) and Acubens and Kocab (malevolence, activity, suicidal behavior [for the bear?]) are aligned with Mercury, as is the nova KS Ursae Majoris (a very close encounter with a big bear?)

      I'll look at this some more.