5978Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Supernovae and religion

  • Shevtsova
    May 14, 2011
      (Mark A. Holmes)
      > We're not all
      fire-breathing fundamentalists down here, but
      > we've got too many
      hateful, selfish so-called Christians, and
      > yes, the way Pat Robertson
      lives his life doesn't seem to have
      > much to do with the way Jesus lived
      his.... I think 1987, the
      > year of this supernova, was the year the First
      Intifada started
      > in Israel. It seems like American political parties
      have split
      > on the Israeli-Palestinian issue in the years since: the
      > Democrats support a solution fair to both sides, while the

      Republicans support the Israeli government no matter what it
      > does; and
      that something similar exists up in Canada.

      Hi Mark,

      The truth is that the vast majority on earth are living like godless creatures even if born christians, jewish, muslims, budhists, etc., and this is probably why Luke in the Gospel wrote most people are not going to heaven, which they would not like anyhow as wrote Cardinal Newman.  One person who died and went there saw it:  "One person who went there said there are deers roaming freely in a beautiful undying grass, so hunters hungry for blood, would not like heaven for sure."  You have to become heavenly material to go there.  So people who say they are christians, jews, muslims, buddhist, etc., do not mean they are religious at all, especially when one is famous in the mundane world.  “Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.” —Luke 13:23-24  http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Basics/few_going_to_heaven.htm

      Some say that this 24 February 1987 Supernova is now brightening again from a collision of gases in space, and should be visible again to the unaided eye by year 2012. Do you have the position of the Supernova 1987-A?

      Denise
      P.S. I am currently studying theology and philosophy.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic