4247Re: [thefixedstars] Re: Saros Series

  • sisterbellabee@aol.com
    Aug 11, 2008
      In a message dated 8/11/2008 1:29:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time, msbhavens1@... writes:
      Nope, I wanted to know is the Lunar Eclipse also a 10 Saros South
      Eclipse or does it belong to its own family? as in the august 1st
      SOLAR eclipse is 10 Saros South, But does it follow that the Lunar
      Eclipse is also? I believe it has its own family, but can't find the
      reference. dag nabit :( and Brady book gives the solar but not lunar
      eclipse families so having fun trying to find the answer.

      My natal Saturn is at 10 Aqu 15, natal moon at 18 Leo 45, and natal
      sun at 23 Aries 39, I think both eclipse are significant for me, but
      want more data. I'm afraid I'm a data banana. :)
      Here is the saros series of eclipses for this lunar eclipse:

      You can see from this list that this particular partial lunar eclipse is nearing or approaching the middle of its series.  Being only six degrees past the node it is actually closer to a the nodes than the total eclipse (which was 9 degrees away).

      This Lunar saros, numbered #138, is a saros series that accompanies the solar eclipse two weeks earlier.  Both of these would belong in the saros family of 10 South.

      Sincerely, Sherri