3980Re: Fixed star alignments (December 30, 2007)

    Feb 28, 2008

> [...]

      > an even more sure warning of trouble, but even harder to locate
      >

      > > Poniatovii (70 Ophiuchi; marks the obsolete
      > > constellation Taurus Poniatovii, Poniatowski's Bull)
      >

      > obstinate and emotional
      >

      > > *Phorbaceus (72 Ophiuchi)
      >

      > named for a hero who in Greek mythology cleansed the island of Rhodes
      > of a plague of serpents
      >

      > > *Gomez's Hamburger (IRAS 18059-3211 Sagittarii)
      >

      > a nebula; having to do with fast food?
      >

      > > Saturn
      > >

      > > Thuban (Alpha Draconis)
      >

      > protecting or making a treasure
      >
      > (raising campaign funds? the US real-estate market?)
      >

      > > M-105 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
      > >
      > > NGC 3377 (Leonis; galaxy with suspected black hole)
      > >
      > > *Polis (Mu Sagittarii)
      >

      > this alignment does not exist
      >

      > > Alioth (Epsilon Ursae Majoris)
      >

      > fiascos, crippled
      >

      > > Coddington Nebula (IC 2574 Ursae Majoris; diffuse
      > > nebula)
      >

      > in a perilous situation
      >

      > > Uranus
      > >

      > > Cheeseburger Nebula (NGC 7026 Cygni)
      > >
      > > Baby Dumbbell Nebula (Humason 1-2 Cygni)
      >

      > > The Horseshoe (Harrington STAR 28 Cygni; a small
      > > asterism north of Deneb)
      > >
      > > Achernar (Alpha Eridani)
      > >
      > > RU Horologii (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      >

      > this alignment does not exist
      >

      > > *Homan (Zeta Pegasi)
      >

      > "the hero's lucky star"
      >

      > > Jih (Kappa Pegasi)
      > >
      > > Ankaa (Alpha Phoenicis)
      > >
      > > HD 217107 (Piscium; has an extrasolar planet)
      > >

      > > Neptune
      > >

      > > Castra (Epsilon Capricorni)
      > >
      > > Crescent Nebula (NGC 6888 Cygni)
      > >
      > > The Red-Necked Emu (Harrington STAR 26 Cygni; a small
      > > asterism in Cygnus)
      > >
      > > Al Ukud (Gamma Delphini)
      > >
      > > HR Delphini (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > *S Doradus (one of the brightest known stars, in the
      > > Large Magellanic Cloud)
      >

      > > Al Faras Al Thani (Lambda Equulei)
      > >
      > > Phoenicopterus (Epsilon Gruis; Grus was once known as
      > > Phoenicopterus, the Flamingo)
      > >
      > > IL Vulpeculae (cataclysmic variable)
      > >

      > > Pluto
      > >

      > > Etamin (Gamma Draconis)
      > >
      > > Rukbalgethi Genubi (Theta Herculis)
      > >
      > > Baraka (Xi Herculis)
      > >
      > > AH Mensae (cataclysmic variable)
      > >
      > > *Sinistra (Nu Ophiuchi)
      > >
      > > Barnard's Star (V2500 Ophiuchi; a nearby star)
      > >
      > > Sakurai's Object (V4334 Sagittarii; a dying star named
      > > for its Japanese discoverer, Yukio Sakurai)
      > >
      > > Acumen (M-7 Scorpii, Ptolemy's Cluster)
      > >

      > > Eris
      > >

      > > Termes Frederici (Psi Andromedae; one of the stars in
      > > Frederici Honores, the Honors of Frederick [a crown,
      > > quill pen, sword and olive branch]: Psi Andromedae
      > > marks the crown)
      > >
      > > FX Cephei
      > >
      > > VV Cephei (cataclysmic variables)
      > >
      > > Aquae Abyssi (Upsilon Ceti)
      >

      > concern with US Navy sonar harming whales?
      >

      > > Revati (Zeta Piscium)
      > >
      > > Epsilon Reticuli (has an extrasolar planet)

      second-guessing attempts to secure borders?

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Achird.html

      > > Pac-Man Nebula (NGC 281 Cassiopeiae)

      gluttonous, ravenous

      > > Kaffaljidhma (Gamma Ceti)

      Arabic = part of a hand

      (draconian punishments?)

      > > Azha (Eta Eridani)

      Arabic = the hatching place

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Azha.html

      > > Liberflux (Tau-4 Eridani)

      Latin = freely flowing

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Skat.html

      > > *Sadalajir (Zeta-1 Aquarii)
      > >
      > > *Situla (Kappa Aquarii)
      >

      > inadequate attempts to address something
      >

      > > *Seat (Pi Aquarii)
      > >
      > > *IL Aquarii (has planets)

      having to do with Illinois or illness

      > > *Ross 780 (Aquarii; aka Gliese 876; has planets)
      > >
      > > *North America Nebula (NGC 7000 Cygni)
      >

      > destructive
      >

      > > *Magic Carpet Nebula (NGC 7027 Cygni)
      >

      > carried off, escaping, escapist
      >

      > > *Kin Yu (Epsilon Doradus)
      > >

      > Chinese = goldfish (?)

      fat, messy and tame

      > > Juno
      > >

      > > *Shapley's Ring Nebula (Shapley 1 Normae)

      having to do with marriage?

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/GiediPrima.html

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Dabih.html

      > > *Alshat (Nu Capricorni)

      Arabic = the sheep (that is to be slaughtered)

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Alshat.html

      > > --->*Oculus (Pi Capricorni)
      > >
      > > --->*Bos (Rho Capricorni)
      >

      > moving fast, speeded up
      >

      > > *Footprint Nebula (Minkowski 1-92 Cygni)
      >

      > tracks, traces, tracking
      >

      > > *Campbell's Nebula (PK64+5.1 Cygni)
      > >
      > > *Rho Indi (has planets)

      in the American Indian's feet (I think)

      (moving quietly/confidently like in the James Fenimore Cooper novels,
      or trudging off to Oklahoma from the Southeast during the 19th-century
      ethnic cleansings?--displaced/uprooted people)

      > > *Campbell's Star (HD 184738 Lyrae)

      > > Chiron
      > >

      > > Albali (Epsilon Aquarii)
      > >
      > > Albulaan Borealis (Mu Aquarii)
      > >
      > > AE Aquarii (cataclysmic variable)

      the Hollywood writers' strike?

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Armus.html

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Dorsum.html

      > > *CH Cygni (cataclysmic variable)

      sugar, sweet things

      > > Gliese 777A (Cygni; has extrasolar planet)
      > >
      > > *Veil Nebula (NGC 6960 Cygni)

      hidden, concealed, secret

      > > Cygnus X-1 (famous black hole)

      requiring detachment from outcome (the primary elections)

      > > Lucida Globi (Epsilon Microscopii; the brightest star
      > > in the obsolete constellation Globus Aerostaticus [the
      > > Hot Air Balloon]).

      lots of hot air; pipe dreams

      > > North Node
      > >

      > > Network Nebula (NGC 6992 Cygni; diffuse nebula)

      networking? "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore"?

      > > M-15 (Pegasi; globular cluster, densest known)

      having to do with urban environments?

      > > South Node
      > >

      > > Drys (Chi Carinae)

      having to do with trees or forests (maybe logging what's left of the
      redwoods in California?)

      > > Regulus (Alpha Leonis)

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Regulus.html

      success if revenge is avoided?

      http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Algieba.html

      > > Leo I Galaxy (UGC 5470 Leonis)
      > >
      > > *Spider Galaxy (UGC 5829 Leonis Minoris)

      spinning a web, trying to capture something (warrantless wiretapping?)

      > > Kappa Pyxidis

      bouncing off the rim

      > > Ta Tsun (Psi Ursae Majoris)

      Chinese = great wine-jar

      > > 47 Ursae Majoris (has extrasolar planet)

      underneath one of the Great Bear's hind paws (I think)

      > > NGC 3982 (Ursae Majoris; galaxy with suspected black
      > > hole)

      on the Great Bear's rump