2923Re: Molly Ivins

    Feb 1, 2007
      Regarding Venus aligned with Copula: in a college English class I
      studied one of Molly Ivins' essays, which was on gun control. She put
      people who wanted to shoot guns on the couch, calling them...I don't
      really remember, but it had something to do with them liking to see
      things bleed, die and break. She called for banning guns altogether.
      Most of us in the class agreed she was venting, not presenting
      anything designed to persuade, or if it was, she didn't do a very
      good job, because people want guns for purposes that have nothing to
      do with bloodthirstiness and lust to destroy, or ODing on
      testosterone. Given the level of gun violence in the US and the
      opposition to even reasonable restrictions on gun ownership, it's
      understandable that Ivins would be frustrated.

      > --- In thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Reveres" <l_awake_l@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi MissB
      > > From teh Political Astrology List (no time given)
      > >
      > > Molly Ivins
      > > AKA Mary Tyler Ivins
      > > Born: 30-Aug-1944
      > > Birthplace: Monterey, CA
      >

      > assuming noon Pacific War Time
      >

      > Sun and Jupiter aligned with Thuban (Alpha Draconis) and with Alioth
      > (Epsilon Ursae Majoris, the right-hand star in the handle of the Big
      > Dipper).
      >
      > (All quotes from the Brady star file in SolarFire 5:)
      >
      > "[Thuban:] This star is linked to the mythology of the Dragon and
      is a
      > symbol of one who guards or produces a treasure. The treasure may be
      > material but it can also be one of spiritual knowledge."
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Thuban.html
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alioth.html
      >
      > Mercury aligned with Denebola (Beta Leonis)
      >
      > "This star embodies these concepts and can talk of a person who goes
      > against convention, or becomes out-of- step with the views of
      society
      > thereby opening themselves to persecution or becoming the
      persecutor."

      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Denebola.html
      >
      > Venus aligned with Copula (M51 Canum Venaticorum, the Whirlpool
      > Galaxy) and Labrum (Delta Crateris)
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Copula.html
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Labrum.html
      >
      > Saturn aligned with Alhena (Gamma Geminorum)
      >
      > "...The one with a job to do, the person with a mission which is
      > either conscious or unconscious."
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Alhena.html
      >
      > Neptune aligned with Zaniah (Eta Virginis)
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Zaniah.html
      >
      > Juno aligned with Rigel (Beta Orionis)
      >

      > "Orion's foot touching the river, Eridanus. The foot of the Pharoah
      > which was the symbol for the giving of eduction, civilisation and
      > protection. To be under such a foot was a blessing. Rigel is the
      > educator, the one who brings knowledge."
      >
      > http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Rigel.html
      >

      > Mark A. Holmes
      >

      > > >From: "msbhavens1" <msbhavens1@>
      > > >To: thefixedstars@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [thefixedstars] Molly Ivins
      > > >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:23:25 -0000
      > > >

      > > >The democratic critic who coined the phrase Shrub has passed away
      > > >today. she was 62, cancer. anyoen have any birthdata on her?
      she was
      > > >a wonderful writer and very quick witted, without being vile or
      nasty,
      > > >a true talant.
      > > >
      > > >MissB
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic