2266Re: [thefixedstars] Fixed star motions

  • Arthyr
    Sep 1 10:37 AM
      At 12:44 PM 9/1/2006 -0400, Trish answered:
      In a message dated 9/1/2006 12:23:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, awc99@... writes:
      What is the average motion of fixed stars?

      I've read several different versions and I know this is the list
      to find the right answer.
      Hi Trish,
      Ya know, I did that once on an outside set of stairs. . . with the stairs passing me by at the same rate of speed the stars were, in that brief moment, the theory of
      relativity became very clear. . . (Great response BTW)

      Arthyr
      Laying in my lawnchair the other night watching them, one of the chair's supports gave way suddenly (it's rusted and difficult to "lock" in place) and those stars moved REALLY fast then ... couldn't say that speed was "average" though.   Average from the perspective of that chair maybe.

      Trish
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic