A message from the Founder/Moderator

  • cappus123
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2003
      HELLO FROM THE VOID!!!

      OK ok ok.... I know it's been about four years since I started this
      Yahoo! Group, and three years since I checked in with the club. But
      career changes, relocation, marriage, and children will cause a shift
      in one's priorities. When I left the club on its own back in 2000,
      there were less than 20 members; now there are 60. Bravo!

      I tried to change all the appropriate emails and data for me, but it
      is such a collosal SNAFU with Yahoo... they are asking me for
      passwords to email addresses I haven't had since 1999!! So for
      everybody's information, my email is PIJoeFlorida@....

      Yes, I was the same Joe who was selling Class 1.4G fireworks on eBay
      for a year at insanely low prices before I (and a couple other ardent
      eBay sellers) lost an ugly battle with eBay about whether or not 1.4G
      fireworks are "illegal." According to Federal Law, they are perfectly
      legal for sale and usage (as per manufacturer's intention and
      instruction) throughout the USA. Note, your state or municipality
      may have additional restrictions, but Uncle Sam says, "light 'em off!
      You're an AMERICAN, for cripe's sake!!!"

      I no longer have the same access to fireworks as I did in 1999 when I
      was in Missouri, living in the shadow of the Zenith Novelties factory
      (Saturn Missiles, Buzz Bombs, Thunder Choppers, etc.) and near the
      huge Black Cat distributor in Lone Jack, MO. But I still have some
      old inventory, so if I can help you find anything, I will.

      "Display fireworks" are a great hobby when enjoyed safely. You
      should have heard my 4-year-old a few weeks ago when he saw his first
      display firework in the driveway (a Cuckoo Fountain.) He watched with
      big eyes until the sparks and whistles died down completely, then let
      out a loud, laughing "WHOOOOAAAA!!!" Folks, do me these favors, and
      our favorite hobby will proliferate:

      1) Enjoy it, but at a reasonable hour;
      2) Share it with others, but teach them SAFETY;
      3) Pick up after you're done.

      Don't give "them" a single reason to complain about "us," and public
      perception will turn in our favor once again.

      It's good to be back and see some familiar names again.

      Godspeed,
      Joe