Going Home, Sweet Home

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 5:22 AM
      Realization: Going Home, Sweet Home

      Waiting for the bus home again... like I have always done, for ten over years. Only now do I feel liberated from waiting. I realise it is not the bus itself I'm waiting for. I was yearning to be free from going in circles, not really getting anywhere. I wait no more. Nope, not entertaining suicidal thoughts. I see the crack of dawn at the end of night, I see the path beyond life and death. I had just rediscovered the relevance of the Buddha's teachings, which I have yet to truly practise. The happiness I owe myself I delay myself!

      The next morning, I was on my way to work as usual. While trudging the routine path, it struck me that I wasn't merely on my way to work. Now that I know the Dharma, every mindful step I take is part of the way home- to the bliss of Enlightenment! Every moment is a chance to actualise and perfect the Dharma. Every experience is a chance to gain Wisdom, to respond with Compassion. Knowing this, let every step be firm but light-hearted, let every step towards ultimate joy be joyous! It doesn't matter where we physically go, as long as we step forward spiritually, consistently. Before long, you'll be home!

      -
      zlyrica@... | http://zlyrica.blogspot.com

      TDEditor Notes:

      ~ The proof of the pudding is in the eating, the use of theoretical knowlege is practical application. If the taste of the Dharma is sweet freedom from all dissatisfactions, let us dig in the pudding and savour it now!

      ~ Two things deeply touch every wanderer of this life. The first is the discovery of the way home. The second is reaching home. There is great relief in the first, for it is the end of wandering, the beginning of going home. Not only is "Home Sweet Home", the "homing" is sweet too!

      ~ When we anticipate the destination to be reached, or when we hanker after destinations passed, we miss living in the moment, we miss this very step we take... and we might trip and fall. Only by taking care of each moment can we reach home. Remember- "When you take care of each moment, you take care of all time."

      Contribute your article or your thoughts on the above | RealizationArchive