This Point in Time

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2003
      Realization: This Point in Time

      Was about to write something
      when I discovered I was having writer's block.
      Be in the moment, I thought,
      write about this writer's block.
      Let me write about this very moment... now.

      What is so amazing about this moment, about now?
      Everything that has ever happened in history has led up to this very moment.
      And everything that I do in this moment will affect future history,
      be it greatly or not so greatly,
      be it for better or worse.

      This wonderful moment is for you too.
      What will you do with now?
      What will you do now?

      Here is the advice of all Buddhas-
      to do the following best you can,
      now and for "ever", for all time,
      till you run "out" of time (go beyond life and death; attain Enlightenment) -

      Avoid evil (thoughts, words and deeds of attachment, aversion and delusion),
      Do good (thoughts, words and deeds of generosity, loving-kindness and wisdom),
      Purify the mind (end attachment to good and aversion to evil).

      Thus ended the writer's block.

      - shian@... | http://stonepeace.blogspot.com