Who Do I Love?

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2001
      TheDailyEnlightenment.comToday    Tue 11/09/01

      Sent Once Weekly. For Daily Quotes, Visit Our Homepage
      If this was fwded to u, u can simply send a blank mail to
      thedailyenlightenment-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
       to subscribe
      ______________________
      Realization:
      Who Do I Love?
      From the window of the bus at the red light, I see the back of his frame walking away after dropping off... And a tinge of sadness sweeps over me... he has slimmed down considerably. Surprised that I did not notice this earlier, I discover I do not understand him enough, that I do not understand my love for him enough. Yes, I'm talking about worldly love. Why I love him? Is it his smile that I love? Or the way he talks, the way he walks? Is it that look special in his eyes, his words and little acts of devotion? I can't narrow it to any one of the above. I guess it's the combination- that make him lovable to me.

      It makes me wonder... whether I would still love him, if he no longer smiled the same smile, or if he no longer walked and talked the way he does... Sometimes I think I will, sometimes not. Am I a fickle lover? Or am I simply being honest... with an honesty that most fail to express? I guess both of us are afraid. Afraid of inevitable change- change that will change the one I love- into a complete stranger. We can never hold hands with the same person ever again- because we both change in the instant... physically and mentally. Given enough distance and time apart, do we all not change into totally unrecognisable people? If we do not accept change and the truth of the unsubstantiality of self, we only suffer.

      Am I then, only in love with an image that endears, that I cling on to? I wish to express these concerns to him. And perhaps he will understand exactly what I mean. We might then realise that w
      e can only love each other in the moment- because we change every moment. And because we realise this, we will treasure each other in the moment, knowing it can never return. May we cherish our togetherness without attachment- for what comes together will part. When we realise that there is no fixed person to hold on to, our love will be real- with no preconceptions, with no strings attached. He is not who he was, just like he is not who he will be- he is himself, as unique in the moment as I am now. When you love someone, set him free- free to change. Yes, I'm talking about spiritual love. Are we all not learning to love spiritually? It is not wrong to be in worldly love, as long as it transforms into greater love "in good time." True love is then, not holding on to someone if we really care- it is letting them go- to give them the freedom to transform... into greater beings- like a bird letting her young fly uninhibited into the boundless skies. "In good time"... am I making good time? How much time do we have to learn, in this life, to truly love? Aren't we all running out of time? Seeing his frame fade into the dusk and distance, a second tinge of sadness sweeps over me... I hope we make it. Really hope.

      -Shiqin: Shiqin01@...
      Contribute your article or your thoughts on the above @ tde@...
      RealizationArchive~http://asp.thedailyenlightenment.com/archives/Realizations/R.asp
      ________________
      Be Part of the Action!

      Be An Active TDEr! Reach out to 6,000 friends worldwide. TDE is Your Platform to share your reflections freely. Let your creativity juices flow! Your every single effort counts! The Gift of the Dharma Excels All Gifts! Write here! Right now!

      Submit TDE Articles (Quotes~Realisations~Excerpts~News...): tde@...
      Submit Thoughts & Questions-
      Join TDE-Forum Mailing List- Send blank mail to TheDailyEnlightenment-Forum-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Or you can join in the web-based TDE-Forum at http://pub33.ezboard.com/bthebuddhismforum
      ______________________________________
      New TDE Weekly SMS Dharma Quote Service

      Introducing a new Upcoming Dharma service by TheDailyEnlightenment.com... Do you wish to recieve SMS weekly Dharma quotes (on Tues) via your Hp? To subscribe free, please email SMS@... your Name & Handphone No. & Service Provider. Please let us know if you know of any cost-effective way to mass-SMS.
      TDE (http://TheDailyEnlightenment.com) is a FREE independent non-sectarian multi-traditional international mailing list (Members:5000+) supported by Singapore's Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery's (http://kmspks.org/ enquiry@...) Awareness Enterprise: A non-profitable right livelihood Dharma sharing project. You can support us by contributing articles and encouraging friends to join by forwarding them this mail.

      Main (full) Subscription Plan (Send blank untitled mail)
      thedailyenlightenment-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Subsidiary Subscription Plans
      thedailyenlightenment-QUOTE-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      thedailyenlightenment-NEWS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      thedailyenlightenment-REALISATION-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      thedailyenlightenment-EXCERPT-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      thedailyenlightenment-LINK-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      thedailyenlightenment-STORY-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      In these subsidiary mailing lists, you can choose to subscribe only to selected sections of the above- News / Quote / Link / Realisation / Excerpt&Review / Story by sending an empty untitled mail to the above emails (with "unsubscribe" in the email address to unsubscribe). All replies, contributions, suggestions, queries, subscriptions (and changes) are welcomed at TDE@...
      (Recommend TDE by http://www.recommend-it.com/p.e?831539 and you might win up to $10,000)

      Disclaimer & Copyright:  The views and opinions of the authors of the above articles, and those of publicised activities' speakers do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Phor Kark See or Awareness Enterprise. The copyright of the articles belong to the respective authors and are not to be reproduced without their permission.
      TheAwarenessPlace: http://AwarenessPlace.cjb.net
      (Buddhist Book/Gift/CD Chain: awaregrp@... & Meditation Centre:  enquiry@...)

      @ #01-21 Bras Basah Complex (BBC) Tel.3377582 (Near City Hall/ Bugis MRT)
      @ #03-39 Awareness Place Meditation Centre (BBC) Tel.3365067