Re: I am new here

  • rebelpride2u
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2003
      --- In theconfederateflag@yahoogroups.com, "rfterry2002"
      <rfterry2002@y...> wrote:
      > My name is Ron, I am 54 years old, and I drove a cab in Milwaukee,
      > Wisconsin for 21 years. I was born in Des Moines, Iowa, raised in
      > the upper penninsula of Michigan, and now live in the God forsaken
      > city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My father was born and raised in
      > Texarkana, Texas, and even though I am a yankee by circumstance, I
      > am a good old boy and confederate by birth. AND I AM DAMN PROUD OF
      > IT TOO!
      >
      > I believe that the Confederate Flag should remain flying because it
      > is not a symbol of slavery, or oppression, but was the national flag
      > of a short lived country called the Confederate States of America.
      > This flag, better known as the Stars and Bars, is a piece of United
      > States history and should be preserved, without reservation.
      >
      > And I will repeat this anywhere, anytime, to anyone, without
      > reservation.
      >
      > This is my opinion, and if no one agrees with me that is just tough
      sh** .
      >Ron
      Well Ron, you sound like a yankee worth knowing!:) And thanks goodness
      it is a few more yankees that feel the same as you but it is because
      somewhere along the way they have had some dealing with southern
      folks. As for me I was born in the SOUTH and have lived here all my
      life, never wanted to leave either. I fly the confederate flag in
      front of my house and have one on the living room wall as well. As you
      can tell by my email address that I am rebelpride2u and all that is
      left for me to say is "GOD BLESS THE CSA"!!!!!!!!
      Eddie also known as "REB"