I am new here

  • rfterry2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15 10:49 AM
      My name is Ron, I am 54 years old, and I drove a cab in Milwaukee,
      Wisconsin for 21 years. I was born in Des Moines, Iowa, raised in
      the upper penninsula of Michigan, and now live in the God forsaken
      city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My father was born and raised in
      Texarkana, Texas, and even though I am a yankee by circumstance, I
      am a good old boy and confederate by birth. AND I AM DAMN PROUD OF
      IT TOO!

      I believe that the Confederate Flag should remain flying because it
      is not a symbol of slavery, or oppression, but was the national flag
      of a short lived country called the Confederate States of America.
      This flag, better known as the Stars and Bars, is a piece of United
      States history and should be preserved, without reservation.

      And I will repeat this anywhere, anytime, to anyone, without
      reservation.

      This is my opinion, and if no one agrees with it, TOUGH SH**!

      Ron
    • rebelpride2u
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2003
        --- In theconfederateflag@yahoogroups.com, "rfterry2002"
        <rfterry2002@y...> wrote:
        > My name is Ron, I am 54 years old, and I drove a cab in Milwaukee,
        > Wisconsin for 21 years. I was born in Des Moines, Iowa, raised in
        > the upper penninsula of Michigan, and now live in the God forsaken
        > city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My father was born and raised in
        > Texarkana, Texas, and even though I am a yankee by circumstance, I
        > am a good old boy and confederate by birth. AND I AM DAMN PROUD OF
        > IT TOO!
        >
        > I believe that the Confederate Flag should remain flying because it
        > is not a symbol of slavery, or oppression, but was the national flag
        > of a short lived country called the Confederate States of America.
        > This flag, better known as the Stars and Bars, is a piece of United
        > States history and should be preserved, without reservation.
        >
        > And I will repeat this anywhere, anytime, to anyone, without
        > reservation.
        >
        > This is my opinion, and if no one agrees with me that is just tough
        sh** .
        >Ron
        Well Ron, you sound like a yankee worth knowing!:) And thanks goodness
        it is a few more yankees that feel the same as you but it is because
        somewhere along the way they have had some dealing with southern
        folks. As for me I was born in the SOUTH and have lived here all my
        life, never wanted to leave either. I fly the confederate flag in
        front of my house and have one on the living room wall as well. As you
        can tell by my email address that I am rebelpride2u and all that is
        left for me to say is "GOD BLESS THE CSA"!!!!!!!!
        Eddie also known as "REB"