tunnel hill ga the flag flew proud

  • maw_belle41
    Message 1 of 195 , Sep 12, 2000
      we have just returned from a grand event of
      reenacting and the 6th kentucky held the colors most
      impressive....we met members of 10th and 28th and 30th georgia
      units and 35th 7th and 24th tennessee..we are with 19th
      tennessee.....we listened to sam watkins of company h and heard of
      the nancy harts home guard...the dance was beautiful
      and our daughter lady beauregard has a new beau
      now...a direct descendant of nathan bedford
      forrest..joshua lee young...sgt.major....when the battle ensued
      the union came upon the feild in grand style and
      attire...but the confederate flag came out of the woods by
      cobbs artillery and carnes battery and the waving of
      the confederate flag was all i could watch from that
      point on.even though the battle was a federal
      victory..it never fell or was surrendered amen trust god and
      go forward gentlemen
    • geneconner2002
      Message 195 of 195 , Jan 28, 2002