The Compact on NBC's Today Show, September 15

  • zwischenland
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9 6:54 PM
      Hi everyone,

      On September 15, Jean Chatzky is giving me a Money Makeover on the
      Today Show! No specific time, but they'll be done with me before 9am EST.

      The two big features of my makeover are health insurance (getting it
      as a freelance worker) and The Compact. 2007 was my Compact year. I
      am now an 'unofficial' Compacter, following it mostly out of habit.
      On the financial side, the Compact helped me build up an emergency
      fund and get through a period of unemployment. Now, the lifestyle
      changes are showing up for me in terms of less clutter and a
      simplified lifestyle. I'm enjoying being a person, not a consumer.

      Prior taping for the segment happened in June, and includes footage of
      me singing-- I'm a classical singer. Here's hoping and praying that
      what gets edited down looks and sounds good! I'll be in the studio for
      a live "after" interview.

      The segment should be available online after September 15. I hope you
      can catch it! Think good thoughts for me.

      Juli
    • Kristine OMalley-Levy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9 7:22 PM
        Congrats! I will watch.

        > On September 15, Jean Chatzky is giving me a Money Makeover
        > on the
        > Today Show! No specific time, but they'll be done with
        > me before 9am EST.
        >
        > The two big features of my makeover are health insurance
        > (getting it
        > as a freelance worker) and The Compact. 2007 was my Compact
        > year. I
        > am now an 'unofficial' Compacter, following it
        > mostly out of habit.
        > On the financial side, the Compact helped me build up an
        > emergency
        > fund and get through a period of unemployment. Now, the
        > lifestyle
        > changes are showing up for me in terms of less clutter and
        > simplified lifestyle. I'm enjoying being a person, not
        > a consumer.
        >
        > Prior taping for the segment happened in June, and includes
        > footage of
        > me singing-- I'm a classical singer. Here's hoping
        > and praying that
        > what gets edited down looks and sounds good! I'll be in
        > the studio for
        > a live "after" interview.
        >
        > The segment should be available online after September 15.
        > I hope you
        > can catch it! Think good thoughts for me.
        >
        > Juli
      • gone_plum
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13 5:57 AM
          Way to go! I will try to watch!