Kansas City

  • Bob Gilbert
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
      Has come and gone. Didn't think the turnout was as great this year as last but it was still a good show. Neither Colin nor myself won in the carving contest. I sold a couple of pipes so about broke even on show expenses. I'll have more info at the meeting if anyone is interested.

      This is for Gary: The sanding pads I was telling you about: <http://www.ptreeusa.com/microMesh.htm>

      "Life is a shock, always full of horror and beauty". Kate Ridenour Feb '09

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
        By the way, Colin, the only tobacco sellers there were Hermit, McClelland and Russ O. I asked each and none of them had the new Pease tobac. I was told it was not released yet and wouldn't be until mid July. Sorry.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
           Bob:

          on that topic: I forgot to write down the tobaccoes you mentioned as winners of the "Balkan Sobranie" replicat tobaccoes.What were they again?

          The second thing to go is the memory, can't remember the first....

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
            the first thing to go is the memory.  i couldn't remember the 2nd,  thanks for reminding me...
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
            i know the winner as you probably do.  mc clelland  blue mountain, or something mountain.

            spring sprung, fall fell, summers here and its hot as usual...     g.z.c. 2011

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
              there is 2 sets one is 16.00     and 1 is 45.00.
              which one is the one i need for vulcanite.  i hope 16.00...

              p.s.    i was at michaels or m.j. designs and i didn't have time cause they were closing.  do you think they might have it..   i can easily get a 40% off coupon from them...

              a good deed equals a christmas customer,   doughbait-carp, 2011

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
                McCelland won the peoples choice. It is for sale now "Blue Mountain"

                Russ of Pipes and Cigars.com won the judges vote. He said the next run would be out in a week or so, the first two runs are already sold. He calls it "Black House"

                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 3, 2011
                  i'm on it...