Edward G. Robinson blend

  • Crigs
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2010
      Ok, so I am at the Chicago pre-show and I see a 1.5 oz pack of this blend. I have always wanted to try this, only because it's Edward G's name sake and he is a favorite of mine. I have read the reviews on Tobacco Reviews and they are not so good. But I have learned that most of the time I don't fully agree with the majority of the reviews. This time however...

      I packed a bowl of this last night and lit up. No exageration - within 1 minute, I felt the first little pin jab on my tongue. Another minute later, many jabs. By 3 minutes into the bowl my tongue was in serious pain. I reviewed the comments on Tobacco Reviews to find that this seems to be the norm. Wow. Fierce stuff. I dumped the bowl.

      Too bad, it's not a heavy aromatic and doesn't taste too bad, but it does cause some serious burn. Foul indeed. I guess that is why it was only $1.50. :)

      Crigs
    • Gary Carpenter
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2010
        Here is one of those strange phenomenons. I was wanting to try some E.G.R. after watching him puff away
        on movies. I had to order the tub, I think 12 ounces. It finally came by way of my yard by the driveway, thanks to u.p.s. I could hardly wait to try it , I did and loved it. It didn't burn me, have a bad taste, or take all day to finish a bowl. It was all I smoked for about a month. Then I took off on something else and never got back to it for a good while. But guess what happened when I did, It burned me.
              I still have a lot left and some day I'll try it again.                             G.C.