meeting reminder

  • Colin Rigsby
    Message 1 of 74 , Jul 11, 2008
      Scene: A lonely cowboy riding the open range. Headed nowhere in
      particular, just drifting. Then, looming up in the distant horizon…
      a puff of smoke. Then another… What could it be, he wonders? As he
      rides closer, his pulse quickens as he realizes that it might be a
      tribe of Plains Indians. Are they friendly, or out for a quick
      scalp? He trudges on bravely, yet nervous about the unknown ahead.
      Just then, he catches a slight wiff… something like a fresh cow
      pattie, or maybe an old pair of socks. It's been over a day since he
      has had beans and though his unbathed body is especially ripe due to
      the extremely hot Texas sun, he does not think that is it. He
      wonders - maybe it's Old Paint, his trusty horse? All of a sudden,
      a feeling of excitement comes as he realizes that the mystery smoke
      and fragrance is really…… a rich English blend in a fine briar! He
      has found his oasis… the Briar Club's monthly meeting, right around
      the bend….!

      Tuesday, July 15 – 7:00 pm, Lewisville Up in Smoke.

      Topics will include:

      Business:

      The clay pipe purchase – a new source.

      Collecting the rest of the funds needed for the UPCA membership.

      Discuss the possibility of a Christmas Dinner – let's start
      discussing it now.

      The Yahoo Forum – a good place to post items to the club that you
      might want to sell or trade.

      The Raffle:

      Lots of goodies to win and trade.

      This month's presentation:

      A club discussion on storing/cellaring tobacco. Pros/Cons, methods,
      time frames, etc.

      Hope to see you all there.

      Regards,

      Colin
      www.shurewoodbriarpipes.com
    • Colin Rigsby
      Message 74 of 74 , Sep 16, 2014
        Dwayne, Andrew... Where are you...!

        Hope to see everyone next month!

        Colin

        Sent from my iPad

        On Sep 16, 2014, at 7:53 PM, "Dewayne edg_jr@... [thebriarclub]" <thebriarclub@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Working games tonight... Will catch you guys next month.

        Smoke a bowl for me!!

        Dewayne

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Sep 16, 2014, at 4:17 AM, "Peel Chris chrispeel2001@... [thebriarclub]" <thebriarclub@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I hate to do this but I have to bag the meeting this month. I have way too much school work to do. I'm not happy about it either. See you guys in october.

        Chris

        Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android