update on estate pipes

  • Crigs
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2010
      As I mentioned in a past email, I have been asked by a pipe shop owner to refurbish and clean a group of estate pipes for a customer of his. There are 19 pieces total. Names include: Former, Barbi, Ashton, Safferling, Joura, Castello and Savinelli Autograph just to name a few. All are in very good shape and well reamed, cleaned and repaired, if needed, by your's truly. Most are large, nicely grained bents with a couple of straights and ruticated pieces thrown in for good measure. These are beautiful pipes and the prices are at fair market value, based on internet research including estate pipe sellers and show prices (no Ebay, this is typically not a good place to get a real market value). Prices range from $50 - $500. Some are negotible, some are not so much. Again, these are being sold for a gent that chose to quit smoking due to a non-tobacco related illness, and he needs to get fair prices for them. It is an excellent opportunity for those of you interested in some "higher end" brands to get good pieces at a good price. It is a conflict of interest to sell these at the meeting, due to the meeting being at Up In Smoke, so we need to take our business outside or elsewhere. All interested folks please contact me directly by email or cell, 817-239-8780. I will have them for about another month or so before I return them. I will also have them on my table in Chicago.

      Thanks, Colin
    • Bob Gilbert
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2010
        What do you have in Former, Barbi, Castello?? bob gilbert

        "Life is a shock, always full of horror and beauty". Kate Ridenour Feb '09

[...]

      • Colin Rigsby
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2010
          I am going to post a list very soon - I will get back with you!
           - Cr