^&%$#$@&^!

  • colinrigsby
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
      I cut what was going to be a new snazzy looking rusticated apple last night - with bamboo shank. Got it shaped and was about to put it all together when I discovered a small crack, which upon further inspection ended up going all the way thru to the chamber. *&$%#@#!
    • Ed Fox
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
        Colin,

        On the way home from Up In Smoke last Saturday, I thought about you saying that it is such a letdown when you've done work on a pipe and run into a pit/crack/defect and have to scrap the project. I'd never thought about that until I heard you.  Now, you've had it happen while working on that apple.  I am truly sorry that happened.

        Ed Fox
        972-989-1866 (cell)

          USA

        P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
          Oh no! I'm sorry that happened Colin. That sucks!

          Cameron

          --- In thebriarclub@yahoogroups.com, "colinrigsby" <shurewoodbriarpipes@...> wrote:

          > I cut what was going to be a new snazzy looking rusticated apple last night - with bamboo shank. Got it shaped and was about to put it all together when I discovered a small crack, which upon further inspection ended up going all the way thru to the chamber. *&$%#@#!

        • Bob Gilbert
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
            Such is the life of a pipe maker!!!! bob

            "Life is a shock, always full of horror and beauty". Kate Ridenour Feb '09

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
              True - I was just venting.

              I have been fortunate that I have had as little of those as I have had.

              Cheers!
              Cr